gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 10:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  First time around the track in 20 years
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: First time around the track in 20 years  (Read 2295 times)

sam hudson

First time around the track in 20 years
« on: January 14, 2006, 11:35 AM »
Ok,so i took my new Ripper around the track for the first time,although ive been messing about on it ,i havent been on the track with it...and i havent been on a race track for 20 years...i did 5 laps and nearly had a heart attack...and i go to the Gym!!! Oh my god i thought i was dying  ;D ;D ;D
Bike was really good though and it was fantastic to go zooming around a track again...and i was still good(ish).
I cant wait to go again but i am REALLY unfit(it would appear).How did we ride EVERYWHERE in the 80's? and how did i spend about 5 hrs at a track regularly??
How many of you lot were the same??? and how long before i'm 13 again?? :LolLolLolLol:

It was great though :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: First time around the track in 20 years
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 12:04 PM »
you will always be 13, i am 35 now damaged all over knees and hip ache alot but still feel young its great if you still feel young to me that will do.i love riding but feel bit of a twat when i get on my bike outside my house and people see me ,they must think grow up .

motomagII

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 12:17 PM »
ive recently started riding agasin at skatepark regular and i am absolutely knackered after 2 hours .used to ride all day everyday bitd .i ache like mad next day too especially legs and knees .but its brilliant fun

20yrsago

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 12:21 PM »
so many memories , to think we used to ride ten miles to the nearest track ride all day then ride home again and think nothing of it,they were the days still think like a 13 year old body just gives up after 13 minutes.

boogaloo-tramp

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 12:36 PM »
I feel your pain. I used to spend every night after school, and all day at the weekends riding. 20 years later, it feels like I have never ridden a bike before. Just keep going, it does eventually start to come back.

theRuler

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 03:11 PM »
ive recently started riding agasin at skatepark regular and i am absolutely knackered after 2 hours

2 hours?

i am knackered by the time i have loaded my bike into the car

sam hudson

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 05:21 PM »
 ;D i went again today and wasnt as bad as yesterday.There were some kids there though and i felt like so silly when one of em said"look at that really big man on that little bike".  :2funny:
They kept asking for a go of my bike...it was so funny,little 11 yr olds asking me for a go of my bike.
They were all amazed that i didnt have a front brake and then one of them asked when i started riding BMX's.When i said 1982 they just looked at me like i was an Alien  :idiot2:

i really enjoyed being back at the track but my track is old and pants(Birkenhead track),so i need to find a proper one and do some damage.

I remember why we LOVED bmx so much now...its F##kin great fun(even if i do have to take a bit of stick from 11yr olds) :daumenhoch:

power

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 06:33 PM »
Whats that Birkenhead track like is it rideable, you should get yourself to coppul tomorrow theres a race on.
 get you directions if you want..

Rooonga

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 09:39 PM »

They kept asking for a go of my bike

HAHA - you didn't go to the BADBMX track did you??

I always get asked that - but probably my fault as I usually let the young 'ens have a go on them!

Always good to hear of an old schooler getting back into the saddle though, dunno if you're local to Barking and Dagenham, but if you are pop over to the BADBMX track Saturday, as we have our 1st club race on then!

:D

AJWD

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 05:07 PM »
Tore my calf muscle riding my MRD up a hill in Brighton...in agony...very poor show!!

Adey.

sam hudson

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 07:31 PM »
Birkenhead track was never much cop...now its worn down badly.Its quite quick tho and you can have a bit of a laugh but its not good...dont travel far to have a go.I felt bad not letting the little monkeys have a go,but i can just see them now riding off into the distance on my Ripper :'(
Where's Coppul then.I'm dying to have a go on a proper track. :daumenhoch:

frdavid

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 09:59 PM »
this year i will race again after 18 years without riding.... ;D

i bought a cruiser 2 month ago, on the track it's a disaster, i'm scared on the big jumps, i don't have any technic now, it's too different with os tracks !

:2funny:

Rooonga

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 10:05 PM »
don't look too bad to me!!

;)

silentpartner

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2006, 10:12 PM »
hey frdavid, did you clear that double, or is there an another picture were you came up short! only asking  :P

power

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 10:29 PM »
wheres your helmet frdavid :idiot2:

Birkenhead track was never much cop...now its worn down badly.Its quite quick tho and you can have a bit of a laugh but its not good...dont travel far to have a go.I felt bad not letting the little monkeys have a go,but i can just see them now riding off into the distance on my Ripper :'(
Where's Coppul then.I'm dying to have a go on a proper track. :daumenhoch:
  Coppull track is off junction 27, M6 i will pm directions.

Offline kusam

• Berm Worm
  • Nob
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2006, 12:27 AM »
don't look too bad to me!!

;)

Same here...least you can still jump  :daumenhoch:

frdavid

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2006, 05:38 AM »
yes i cleared it lol,
 about the helmet i bought one the day after with elbow and knee pads lol

silentpartner

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2006, 04:20 PM »
nice one, you dare devil you.  :4_17_5:

sam hudson

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2006, 05:46 PM »
Yep,i dont fancy doing anything that large without a Helmet(and 'sumo' body suit ).
Looking forward to visiting Coppul.
I keep letting my back end drift out everytime i jump something(no jokes please).Its fine but i wonder why its happening?
Any ideas?? :-[

sanderson

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2006, 07:01 PM »
ye get yourself down to coppull,plenty of old timers still at it.
take it easy,some big jumps there. 8)

Offline kusam

• Berm Worm
  • Nob
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2006, 08:11 PM »
Just the start hill scared me when I first saw it.

Only been once, must go again.

frdavid

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2006, 08:59 PM »
 do you race all in 20"?

sam hudson

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2006, 11:10 AM »
yep...never even been on a 'cruiser'

frdavid

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2006, 06:42 PM »
i tryed a 20" first but i couldn't do anything because it moved too much for me lol, cruiser is more easy to stabilise when you jump so better for a rusty racer like me lol

sam hudson

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2006, 06:47 PM »
understandable.I'm gonna try to get to the track this week if i can,next week probably.It looks like a bit of a terror.You were brave doing it without a lid.I'm getting one before i go  ;D
I suppose its open all the time is it??

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  First time around the track in 20 years

gfxgfx
gfx gfx