gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 03:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Hey what's up.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hey what's up.  (Read 6225 times)

laughinggravy

Re: Hey what's up.
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2008, 09:21 PM »
Actually, there's a whole thread devoted to your turndown, it may even develop it's own fan club, ho ho  ;D

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=46539.msg485119;topicseen#msg485119

SaMAlex

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2008, 09:24 PM »
Nice one Tim.  :daumenhoch:
I was going to try to find that thread but it seemed like a big deal. Its a good job you dont post many replies!

xchainxofxstrengthx

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2008, 09:50 PM »
ello Greg, dont know too much about you like all these guys but i know your one of my friends on myspace, so welcome to RAD =]

Guillotte

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2008, 02:04 AM »
So Tim is LaughingG? Cool cool. Man, I'm sure somebody must have some of those old pics or footage. Denny WTF? ;D

j/k..so Metal you're Lola? Good times :D

I'm trying to find a bike but got outbidded on E-bay. I hear I should just go with a new school bike so I'm considering that. Gotta get back with Steve 'cuz he gave me a really good run-down on new-school specs. I just need something strong and built for a tall dude. And cheap. Also I couldn't give a FUG about weight. I used to run pretty heavy stuff so it doesn't bother me.

Guillotte

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2008, 02:27 AM »
Ah fug. I forgot about another contest I'd love to see footage from. Think it was an AFA event in Austin. Pretty sure that's the one unless they had another in 89?

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2008, 08:29 PM »
hey greg
always wondered why did you move back to usa as i remember you and lee both went to usa , i know bmx was dead in uk apart from us hardcore ones that carry on as remember doing southback with agu and there was only a few of us about late 8o`s
paul 
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Guillotte

« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2008, 08:07 PM »
hey greg
always wondered why did you move back to usa as i remember you and lee both went to usa , i know bmx was dead in uk apart from us hardcore ones that carry on as remember doing southback with agu and there was only a few of us about late 8o`s
paul 

Well my Dad worked for a company called EDS. We were just in England on his work visa. So when they said it was time to move back, that's what we did. I wish more than anything that I had stayed.

welsh denny

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2008, 11:55 AM »
just posted up some unseen footage of greg in video section- ramp room 1986.

:daumenhoch:

Guillotte

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2008, 08:25 PM »
Nice! lol..man, that is some old footage. Loved the 540's everyone was spinning. My ex gf found me on Myspace and sent me some old pics from Texas. I tried to post them but I fail at computers. Maybe I'm supposed to host them first? I dunno. Anyway, they're pretty cool. Just click on the Myspace link down below if you wanna check 'em out :).

Keep up the awesome work Denny. Love that old stuff! :LolLolLolLol:

Ged

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2008, 03:01 AM »
hey Greg i remember watching you at the hudson ramp a sure your were with lee reynolds

it started raining you were riding with no helmet  and still getting 5 foot easy on a soaked wooden ramp scary to watch

awsome mate still remember it to this day  prob about 87 88

welsh denny

« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2008, 08:37 PM »
Nice! lol..man, that is some old footage. Loved the 540's everyone was spinning. My ex gf found me on Myspace and sent me some old pics from Texas. I tried to post them but I fail at computers. Maybe I'm supposed to host them first? I dunno. Anyway, they're pretty cool. Just click on the Myspace link down below if you wanna check 'em out :).

seen the pics on myspace. gret pics too.
you need to set up a photobucket account. its free and quite easy to set up.
once you have uploaded the pics from your pc to it then copy and paste the img code (the bottom one ) do that for each pic (have rad and photobucket up in 2 windows and click back and forth between the two. doesnt take long and you'll get some comments for the radsters for sure.  :daumenhoch:

Guillotte

« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2008, 08:10 PM »

seen the pics on myspace. gret pics too.
you need to set up a photobucket account. its free and quite easy to set up.
once you have uploaded the pics from your pc to it then copy and paste the img code (the bottom one ) do that for each pic (have rad and photobucket up in 2 windows and click back and forth between the two. doesnt take long and you'll get some comments for the radsters for sure.  :daumenhoch:

Sweet. Thanks, Den. Ok I'll give it a shot. Here we go.

Ok well I got them to show up but they're tiny lol. Oh well  :2funny:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 08:13 PM by Guillotte »

welsh denny

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2008, 09:02 PM »
i'll check my settings to see how you can get em big for better viewings.

right, in the centre of the photobucket page should be the upload box. check the part where it says reduce to......

you may have it set too low. i set mine at 800x600 for a 15" screen. you may have to upload those pics again but they will be much more viewable.

by the way i found the brief clips of hoffman riding with balloons on his back, it cuts into someone doing a massive turndown, then a lookback, a no hander. thought it was blyther cos of the smoothness and height but then realised it was YOU.

:daumenhoch:

will put together some of your clips in next few weeks so you have a copy of em.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 09:11 PM by welsh denny »

Guillotte

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2008, 09:10 PM »
Sweet. thx man  :)

yoda

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2008, 12:58 PM »
Christ is that second  (the Indian) one out of a quarter.....? Its fkn nuts   :shocked: Now Daz has sorted the pics out they look even crazier.... great stuff Greg
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 11:44 AM by Young »

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2008, 04:34 PM »
Here yer go Greg...I've tidied them up for you and made them the right size.

Awesome airs...the Indian Air is just fooking nuts and that Lookback is totally ridiculous!

These airs would be awesome even by today's standards!!  ;)

Daz.

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2008, 04:46 PM »
Here yer go Greg...I've tidied them up for you and made them the right size.

Awesome airs...the Indian Air is just fooking nuts and that Lookback is totally ridiculous!

These airs would be awesome even by today's standards!!  ;)

Daz.

Only one word... RAD  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2008, 05:16 PM »
wicked pics where were those taking then greg look like that place canning rode in rad mag , never went there tho
no1stuntmaster on instagram

markatkins

« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2008, 05:25 PM »
Im lost for words!!How high!!Got some balls too with no helmet!
Was anyone filming when those were taken?Would like to see that.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2008, 05:29 PM »
great pics and greg   you was one free riding mad fooker    :)  respect

Guillotte

« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2008, 07:50 PM »
That's awesome Daz. Thanks :)

The lookback was on a friends quarter. The indoor was an AFA in Austin. The rest were on my backyard half in Texas. I'm still trying to locate some video footage from it. Hard to track down though.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2008, 08:00 PM »
Greg - you are truly nuts!  :LolLolLolLol:

You gonna get back into the vert then..?

Guillotte

« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2008, 08:52 PM »

I'm gonna have a go :)

Just ordered this...
http://www.danscomp.com/101411.php?cat=BIKES

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2008, 10:53 AM »

I'm gonna have a go :)

Just ordered this...
http://www.danscomp.com/101411.php?cat=BIKES

Great stuff Greg....you gotta make the Old Fools trip next year!

I'd have been tempted to go for a long TT for a guy as tall as you though dude, it's up to you obviously but I thought summat 21 or 21.5 would have been better. But what do I know  ;D

Just don't have the bars pulled back and seat slammed down just because everyone else in their sisters jeans does!

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Guillotte

« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2008, 05:03 AM »
Was longest TT I found but decent parts for my pauper azz. Had to go cheap cuz I have more kids than the old lady in the shoe!. Child Support for the OUCH! lol

EDIT: Yes the bars will be moved forwards but the seat is no big deal. Gotta learn whips anyway  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Hey what's up.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx