gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 03:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Hey what's up.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hey what's up.  (Read 6224 times)

yoda

Re: Hey what's up.
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2008, 03:09 PM »
one of THE best ramp riders of the day!!

Dare I say "Of all time"

Guillotte

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2008, 09:03 PM »
Thx for the thread link. Lotta guys on there.Anybody know what ever happened to Jason Webb?

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2008, 09:04 PM »
as in scott-webb or another

Guillotte

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2008, 09:11 PM »
No Jason Webb the flatlander who lived near Rom. He stayed with me in Texas for a bit and then I lost touch with him. He was amazing.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2008, 10:06 PM »
Just clocked your myspace - added you to my friends list! :LolLolLolLol: - if you're lookin' to get a new bike, ask on here. There's plenty of folk in the biz that can give you the right advice with no bull.
Reading your blog, you're talkin' about gettin' fit again (90lbs ain't that bad for someone as tall as you!), gettin' a bike again is a sure fire way to do it!
I got anew ACL put in my right knee about a year ago, could hardly walk properly never mind ride for a couple of months and was up to 90lbs no problem! Under 80 now since I was able to ride again, so there's your answer.
Bikes now are all about lightness combined with strength and the technology's come a long way, but it's all still bmx!
Lookin' forward to seeing your next air pics - 2008 style!
Have you hooked up with Lee?
I see he's on your friends list. He's been gettin' it on with the bike again this year too.
Anyway, it's a school night, so I better get some shuteye!
Speak to you again soon!
G

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2008, 11:55 PM »
I'll see Andy Braahn Thursday, if I don't remember to mention this next txting session I'll try to tell him before too many beers have passed.
Met you once at Alfreton (and Lee Reynolds, if that helps you recall it). I was most impressed with your bike; that is, the fact that it still moved and you could ride it in a straight line. The frame was cracked to Hell round Haro's notorious plate, and the back wheel was almost 'S' shaped. Then, I remembered the pic of the Ceiling Fan trick in RAD, the bolt thru the StreetBeat's seattube. So obviously it wasn't me that loaned you the bike for some after-comp airs.
Great days, good to hear from yet another name of note.

Guillotte

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2008, 12:04 AM »
How's it goin' man? Yeah I never did care much for upkeep...as long as it rolled I was happy. Tell Andy hello.

macky

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2008, 03:45 AM »

Dare I say "Of all time"

Absolutely was!!  :daumenhoch:

i'm hoping Mr WelshDenny has Greg's bmx beat run's in his VAST video vault collection!!  ;)

wasn't he the first person to start doing  ' Nothings '  too??

Greg, i remember when you came to Liverpool and stayed at Tony Puddifer's ( Puddy's ),

you rode the 15ft quatre at Rathbone park... 10ft airs 10 o Clock at night!!  :shocked: AMAZING SIGHT!!

Man, I wish i had picture's of that!!

Here's the ramp!!!..........

mattnice

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2008, 07:32 AM »
Hey Greg i was one of the chingford locals who took the piss and smoked a lot of pot.

Guillotte

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2008, 06:07 PM »

Dare I say "Of all time"

Absolutely was!!  :daumenhoch:

i'm hoping Mr WelshDenny has Greg's bmx beat run's in his VAST video vault collection!!  ;)

wasn't he the first person to start doing  ' Nothings '  too??

Greg, i remember when you came to Liverpool and stayed at Tony Puddifer's ( Puddy's ),

you rode the 15ft quatre at Rathbone park... 10ft airs 10 o Clock at night!!  :shocked: AMAZING SIGHT!!

Man, I wish i had picture's of that!!

Here's the ramp!!!..........

I remember that ramp! You'd launch an air, look down at the lip and see it swaying back and forth a good foot or so.
 :idiot2:

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2008, 08:17 PM »

[/quote]

I remember that ramp! You'd launch an air, look down at the lip
[/quote]
Unfortunately, I don't have that pleasure. When I "launch" an air, i can usually still see the lip a good foot or so above me.... If I can't..Ive crashed :LolLolLolLol:
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

welsh denny

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 10:39 PM »
yep, i still have the bmx beat tapes.  :daumenhoch:

Guillotte

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2008, 03:00 AM »
yep, i still have the bmx beat tapes.  :daumenhoch:

Just don't let the one where they made all the winners go up against each other come into circulation.... That was probably the worst run I EVER had! :LolLolLolLol:

And Denny, throw me a friends add on Myspace. If I get back into this which I'm planning on, it's because I found your vid on youtube and then Nick came along with encouragement. I give Macky credit for steering me to this awesome site, And Lee for getting back in touch and being a great friend.

Also there are a few things I'm hoping the good people here can help me out with...

1) What was the name of the contest in New York that was sponsored by Wendy's (I think) around 90? And the lady who organized it bailed? Nobody got their winnings except for one guy who cashed his check the second he got it...Once again I was riding a completely torn up bike and think I got 4'th or something. Hoffman was there doing 540's with balloons tied to his back and Johnson and Alamo were there as well. Some oooold school guy won flat as well I believe. What was this and does anybody have any footage or pics???

2) Me and Tim Ruck put together a contest at Chingford and I think we called it "Invert" I remember some mag (I think Freestyle BMX?) had pics. I remember I was doing that circus stuff with Canning around that time and Peter Hawkins was throwing me gear. He flipped when he saw the pics w/o a helmet. Meh...just wanted to get ahold of a copy of that mag or at least see some pics from it.

3)Also, I'd like to get ahold of a really old pic from Meanwhile of me doing a double step-up. Was my first pic in a mag so it's kind of sentimental ya know? Might have been a Radness Unlimited pic...can't remember.

4) Most of all...where the FUG is Jason Webb?

If you can help, I'd be in your debt for sure. I lost all my mags from all the moving I've done over the years and lost touch with really good people.  :'(

Thanks

trill

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2008, 12:23 PM »
was'nt that woman micky conti or somethink,i remember the contest but can't remember the name of it.

Steve Shindig

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2008, 12:31 PM »
Hey is that Rathbone ramp still there?  I remember John T had the back cover of dig riding that thing but that was 14 years ago or something....

Would love to ride it.

markatkins

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2008, 12:38 PM »
Micky Conti,theres a name i remember.Sure i remember her coming over to 87' worlds looking after some americans.She wanted flatlander Gary Neal to ride for her,Think she scared everyone ha ha

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2008, 02:45 PM »
Hey Greg, nice to see you on here! Can still remember you, Lee, Chilly and all the other vert rippers tearing up those shifty UKBFA quarters back in the day, Respect dude.
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

macky

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2008, 05:01 PM »
Hey is that Rathbone ramp still there?  I remember John T had the back cover of dig riding that thing but that was 14 years ago or something....

Would love to ride it.

Nar, it was ripped down by the council back in the 90's.....

would love to see another built somewhere...

That ramp was THE cure for Pop-out-itis!!  ;D

Ramp Rat

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2008, 07:45 PM »
Hey Greg - welcome to mid-life crisis -  :LolLolLolLol:    Great to see you on here...love the pics Alex posted with the bike w/ no brakes, that invert is the best  :4_17_5:

I'll look you up on myspace too.

Cheers - damon

welsh denny

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2008, 11:05 PM »
myspace be sorted tonite greg.

i have a little bit of footage from that contest with matt riding with balloons on his back. its on the flying alder bros vid from years ago and will try find it. also some mike d riding vert for bully there.

i'm off work for 2 weeks from 22nd sept so i'm gonna try get a lot of video stuff sorted out then.  :daumenhoch:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2008, 11:12 PM »
Denny whose that bird in your avator, she`s a honey   :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

welsh denny

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2008, 11:17 PM »
the girlfriend. SAM.

Ramp Rat

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2008, 12:42 AM »
Denny whose that bird in your avator, she`s a honey   :daumenhoch:

Stupps  - i was just thinking the same thing...something about that pic that sends a message of mmmmmmmm

Denny - enjoy mate!  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2008, 08:25 PM »

2) Me and Tim Ruck put together a contest at Chingford and I think we called it "Invert" I remember some mag (I think Freestyle BMX?) had pics. I remember I was doing that circus stuff with Canning around that time and Peter Hawkins was throwing me gear. He flipped when he saw the pics w/o a helmet. Meh...just wanted to get ahold of a copy of that mag or at least see some pics from it.

Tim Ruck is on RAD but he doesnt get on here much. I will point him in the direction of this thread. I have got that mag somewhere, I remember the mug shot photo Tim got. If I find it I will scan it for ya.

laughinggravy

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2008, 09:14 PM »
Hey Greg, that Chingford comp was cool, I haven't got the mags, but Freestyle mag (later to change the name to Invert . . ) gave it a bad write up ('not such a good comp') and Nick Philip at R.A.D gave it a good one! I guess we were a bit more 'RAD' than 'FREESTYLE' what with the 'you choose' helmet policy! That turndown pic Alex posted is one of my all-time faves, well clicked and high, on vert. Get a bike now! Cheers, Tim

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Hey what's up.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx