gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 02:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  nice present for me when i get back off me holidays
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: nice present for me when i get back off me holidays  (Read 1201 times)

motomagII

nice present for me when i get back off me holidays
« on: August 14, 2008, 08:48 AM »

just sent jai payment for this to be delivered when i get back off me holidays .nos in the bos se basher .now i know its no pk ripper but i like odd ,different etc and these murray made ones are just that .cant wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

id love any info on em and scans of the original adverts or anything really .81/82 if anyone has mags to look for ads for me .im sure they were made for xmas 1981 then there was problem with the framesets and leads were scrapped and therefore not many made it to the xmas market.after that im sure se dropped murray making them and produced a lopptail version with low end parts where this version was low end frame top end parts !1
any info would be good

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: nice present for me when i get back off me holidays
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 08:55 AM »
fook me! first a holiday and then this being delivered??  and there was me thinking you were skint??  ???

like the look of the Brawler though  :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 08:57 AM »
Nice one Gregster!!

I really like the gimp looking Padset, Kinky!!!  :daumenhoch:

Get it raced at Coppull at the end of the month!!!  ;)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 08:58 AM »
and that seat's a little too 'old' school for me!  ;)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 09:02 AM »

Thanks....I've just spat tea all over my key board  :LolLolLolLol:

Daz.  ;D
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

motomagII

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 09:09 AM »
skint just sold 3 bikes one i really wanted to keep to pay for this as i really wanted it as its an oddball. and nos

big shout for jai for keeping this for me for few weeks while i raised the cash really appreciated matey  :daumenhoch:
yeah that wooden seat may need changing for the elina thats in bag in the box somewhere  ;D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 09:12 AM by motomagII »

motomagII

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 09:17 AM »
bit info i got off os bmx site

Scot Breithaupt has been assisting us with our essays profiling the history of SE Racing products.

This information is in the University of Old School BMX, a section of the site that is only accessible to site supporters. The U of OSBMX is still very small but with more input from members and the people who were working in the industry back in the day, we will continue to expand that section so that it will evolve into a valuable data base of information.

I will post more on Scot and his current situation later. All things considered... he is well. But obviously life behind bars sucks and he has a lot of regrets.

But since the issue of SE's collaboration with Murray came up in the reproduction thread, I thought you guys might find this interesting.

Scot had this to say:

The poor quality of the Landing Gear made by Murray for our "SE-Second Line" (Basher, Mountain Mauler and Mauler 24") is why I rejected 3600 bikes for Christmas 1980 deliveries... other wise, the bike would have worked and made SE competitive with Diamond Back & other imports with our MADE IN USA Bicycles.

The late deliveries and quality control problems is why I squashed the deal in 81 and Murray re-stickered the bikes "X-20" and "X-24".... We also had the "Rabbit Runner" mountain bike (26") named after my friend country music singer, Eddie Rabbit (died in 1996, R.I.P)... SE was WAY ahead of the industry in 79 - 80 with Mountain Bikes. But, when this Murray deal fell apart, I concentrated on our high line P.K.'s, Quads, OM's, Floval Flyers and the new rage of Free Style. We would and should have been the "Specialized" of Mtb's !... that was my bad. 

motomagII

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 09:21 AM »

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 10:57 AM »

:LolLolLolLol:

cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

retrogeezer

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 10:58 AM »
same frame on that as I have on this 'proper' Murray.

spesh

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 11:19 AM »
how much was that? its nice!

motomagII

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 11:44 AM »
YOU HAVE PM SPESH

bof

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 12:30 PM »
same frame on that as I have on this 'proper' Murray.

The frames are different gregs is the same as the murray xc 20's. they have different rear dropouts if you look closely.  :)
Nice find though greg, Jai is a nice bloke really  :daumenhoch:

retrogeezer

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 06:07 PM »
oh yeh, well spotted!Mine has those crimped ends, the basher has the thruster type jobs.

The rest is the same though, rear brake plate, where the chain guard bolts on etc...

lazyboy

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 11:54 PM »
love the bike Greg,26/27 years old, original and NOS ,F***ing BRILL.

motomagII

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 07:25 AM »
well it takes a lot for me to part with cash but when i heard these were about i wanted one .believe it or not ive had bikes most my life and this is the first i have ever had brand new .every bike ive had has been second hand ,used or ive had few framesets off here that have been built then taken apart to rebuild with nos parts.so this is real trat and at 38 years old i get my first ever brand new bike lol

muddstud

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 09:02 AM »
Think you should take it to gildersome for a new colour you might get it back for your holiday next year  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 09:07 AM »
i think it looks nice Greg, comes with some nice bits!  at least you shouldn't need any freebies for this one   ;)

how long till it's up for sale on ebay??   ;D

motomagII

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 10:00 AM »
at least 2 weeks im going hols on monday  ;D ;D ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  nice present for me when i get back off me holidays

gfxgfx
gfx gfx