gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 08:44 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Just saying hello!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Just saying hello!  (Read 5029 times)

Holmetech

Just saying hello!
« on: January 13, 2006, 11:30 PM »
Hi,just wanted to say hello to everyone out there.My name is Phil from Leyland,Lancashire.Me and one of my mates are just getting back into freestyle after a break of around 23years(age37now!) and its bloody harder than i remember,plenty of bruises and people asking me when am i going to grow up,lol. I've built a couple of old school rides to practice on,an aero reflex with skyways and a prolite.Also bought a new school GT performer just because of the giro system and a decent rear brake,mmm! Ive also built a couple of ramps,a fold up 7foot trick ramp which is the dogs bollocks and a 4foot high quarter pipe which is, granted only a baby,but its scaring the shit out of us just looking at it,arggghh! Im going to make another pipe so that i can bolt them together side by side and then hopefully it might be a bit more inviting eh!.
Its good to see a few of the well known riders on here from years ago like Billy Stupple,Mike Pardon,Andy Irwin etc. I've just blown the dust off my old Kelloggs BMX video and put the freestyle bits onto dvd, just so i could refresh myself with all the old school cheesy tricks(they still look good today too!)
Anyway i hope to speak or meet up with some of you old timers in the future(preferably before i break my bones!).
P.s. Bill stupp that is one hell of a fookin slide that your making in your back garden mate,hope you've got good life insurance.  :)

sadowdgit

Re: Just saying hello!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 11:42 PM »
ive had a break of 24 yrs ... ive just got me'sell one

and im just around the corner from ya .... in sunny Wigan

there's quite a few ramps n pipes in local parks if ya look for Em  ;)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 11:44 PM »
Welcome to the madhouse Phil  :idiot2: Hopefully that slide is going to make me a bit of a better rider than I am at the moment, your not wrong about how hard it is now though  :crazy2:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Holmetech

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 12:08 AM »
Hey Bill you did some scary things on the kelloggs comp.I liked the bit were you jumped off midway through an arial at wigan and your bike landed against the railings stood up.Bet it shit the spectators a bit.
 When i was at school on my old GT bmx(which i've still got in my garage rusting away) my mate used to do my head in with a saying which you might remember?It was"wowee look at him go!!!" LOL. Its stuck with me all those years and i've started annoying my mate with it now,ha,ha!
Just watched a couple of bmx beats lately and was impressed with the stupple,gonna try it on my pegs this weekend as i've no coaster brake.

Lawmanmx do you go to the skatepark at Hindley? I drove past it the other week after i'd been on my minimoto at wigan indoor karting centre.
Is there any concrete bowls around this area mate?

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 12:15 AM »
Phil Phil Phil. Enough of the small talk...

now, about the prolite......

only joking. Welcome aboard.
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

sadowdgit

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 09:37 AM »
No pal ... i have'nt rode at hindley park yet!!!  i AINT even rode this bike yet mate  :2funny:  :-[

there's a much better park between billinge and st,helens which is closer for me.... i'll get up there sometime this week  ;)

theRuler

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 10:05 AM »
hey phil
welcome to radbmx mate!

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 10:15 AM »
there aint no skate park at hindley fellas lived there all my life do you mean ince?
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Darkshadow

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 10:20 AM »
hi :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

simon abbott

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 10:47 AM »
Im 37 too and looking for a ride, think im probably gonna do it up so i can just look at it! Isnt it mad that after all those years you still find yourself drooling at photos of cool bikes.

I remember Andy Preston used to have a saying that should have been left in the USA, never quite had the right ring to it coming from an english geezer "hot pussy!!!!"

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2006, 11:23 AM »
"wowee look at him go!!!"

Sounds like a saying that I must have nicked from Dave Currey, I was obviously taking the piss out of someone again  :crazy2:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

sadowdgit

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2006, 11:30 AM »
there aint no skate park at hindley fellas lived there all my life do you mean ince?

same difference craig  ;)

im in Billinge ... which Aint wigan and Aint st'helens :-\

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2006, 11:33 AM »
where is the park nr billinge
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2006, 01:56 PM »
oh christ ....stups head is swelling again.....lol

welcome to the nut house mate, and enjoy the site....

Dave
haro, how do you do

Darkshadow

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2006, 03:01 PM »
 :daumenhoch:

sadowdgit

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2006, 03:47 PM »
where is the park nr billinge

over crank hill ... on the way into st'helens  :daumenhoch:

Holmetech

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2006, 06:20 PM »
Thanks for welcome lads,appreciate it.

I did mean Ince skatepark,durrhh! see i know im getting old with forgetting stuff,lol.

I used to live in Billinge myself(Royden Rd). Can you give me more info on where the skatepark near billinge is please? as i might have a look one day.

I tell you what,i dont remember getting so many bruises on my legs when i was a kid.
I've got shit loads now,not through falling off,just the frame banging against my inner legs.I'll end up with varicose veins at this bloody rate,lol.

andy irwin

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2006, 07:29 PM »
welcome back to our world and  I wish I was 37 . I think we are into this for life now so dont rush it as it hurts more than it used to.

Andy :'(

sadowdgit

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2006, 08:28 PM »
welcome back to our world and  I wish I was 37 . I think we are into this for life now so dont rush it as it hurts more than it used to.

Andy :'(

how old are you now Andy???

Holmetech

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2006, 11:03 PM »
Hi Andy,another name i relate to freestyle from the past.Enjoyed watching you on the kelloggs series,they made the footage look like you kept falling off a lot,(the bastards eh!)You had mad hair back then,is it coloured grey these days,lol. The presenter of kelloggs said you were from wigan,but on bmx beat they said you were from southport.Where was you from mate?Was fiola as good to watch in person as he seemed on the tv?

Hey Bill,its was the kelloggs presenter that said"wowee look at him go"while you were doing an aerial.It was the on the same freestyle event that mike domiguez did that nice half hearted kickturn and bit the dust,or was it andy's bike he nearly landed on?.Me and my mate still laugh at that and if any of us nearly fall off the side of a ramp,you guessed it,we quote"i nearly did a mike dominguez then"lol,well we find it funny anyway. :)

Does anyone know if coloured skyway tuffs are going to be available to buy again one day?could do with some nice blue ones! :)

andy irwin

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2006, 12:44 AM »
Hi Andy,another name i relate to freestyle from the past.Enjoyed watching you on the kelloggs series,they made the footage look like you kept falling off a lot,(the bastards eh!)You had mad hair back then,is it coloured grey these days,lol. The presenter of kelloggs said you were from wigan,but on bmx beat they said you were from southport.Where was you from mate?Was fiola as good to watch in person as he seemed on the tv?

Hey Bill,its was the kelloggs presenter that said"wowee look at him go"while you were doing an aerial.It was the on the same freestyle event that mike domiguez did that nice half hearted kickturn and bit the dust,or was it andy's bike he nearly landed on?.Me and my mate still laugh at that and if any of us nearly fall off the side of a ramp,you guessed it,we quote"i nearly did a mike dominguez then"lol,well we find it funny anyway. :)

Does anyone know if coloured skyway tuffs are going to be available to buy again one day?could do with some nice blue ones! :)

Im 40 now so is Billy its no big deal honest lol.

andy irwin

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2006, 12:54 AM »

Im 40 now so is Billy its no big deal honest lol.
I did fall off a lot in the Kellogs but that was because I was over awed by it all I think, I stayed on a lot more in a Demo well a bit more lol. My hair is normal now because I am to old to carry off the howard jones look. Fiola was a good showman but I Knew a lot of people that I would rather ride with like TJ , Carlo, Neil Ruffel, Pepi, Jess, Craig Cambell etc etc

sadowdgit

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2006, 10:36 AM »
i hit the big 40 half way through last yr ....... and suddenly a few months ago i had a rekindled interest in BMX?????

do you think its Owt to do with the number 40??? cos it seems a Lot of others are doing the same

andy irwin

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2006, 01:50 PM »
maybe but I started again at 33 because I had a bit more spare time on my hands . I would have rode all the way through but   :2gunsfiring_v1: wife and  ;D kids slows you down a bit.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 04:48 PM by billstup »

sadowdgit

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2006, 05:38 PM »
i saw you at one of Alan's Old skool meetings at warrington in 02 or 01 i can't be sure, it looked to me like you'd bin hitting the iron pretty hard  ;D .... anybody carring that much beef on a little bike is gonna struggle  ;)

i got blagged into doing the race ..... i'd not even thrown my leg over a BMX in 23 yrs

and i got 2nd  :LolLolLolLol:

ive Still got it.... it never left me ... hooohh hhhooooohhhh  :daumenhoch: 

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Just saying hello!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx