gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 10:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  I think i've been shafted on a NOS rare part
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I think i've been shafted on a NOS rare part  (Read 1303 times)

COZZFATHER

I think i've been shafted on a NOS rare part
« on: August 14, 2008, 06:58 PM »
i  won somthing on ebay, not any old ebay but ebay USA then paid straight away,i emailed the seller before bidding to see if the part would be sent to the uk no probs and i emailed him as soon as i paid which was 10 mins after winning. i also spent 4 days keeping tabs on the part and a good hr as the sale was ending.
i was prepared to pay big bucks and to my surprise it went pretty cheap which is why i think i may have got shafted.

6 weeks on after playing it cool i get a notice from ebay saying i have agreed to mutually withdraw from the sale,which i haven't as this part is well rare and i still want it. basically a week after the sale ended i got a message saying it had gone missing but don't worry when its found its mine,this went on for a couple of weeks until i got offered the chance of my $$ back but if the part turns up its mine, i declined as i really need what i bid on and bought.
 i feel so pissed off i feel like getting rid of  all my freestyle stuff and spending it all on a flight to america to kick someones balls in.

the seller has tons of stuff for sale so it would have been easy sending a message with a higher offer to gazump me
 :( 

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: I think i've been shafted on a NOS rare part
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 07:16 PM »
So what was it, how much & whats the sellers username  :(

COZZFATHER

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 07:24 PM »
i dunno wether to say mate, to be honest there seems to be some very desperate people with old school bmx's.
i have had the same with cosworths,mine is very rare and i have bought stuff  for that which  the seller has told me so and so wanted to offer more to get it.
i even told one trusted mate about somthing on ebay which the fu~~in git bought bold as brass.

the seller assures me when the part turns up i will get contacted to see if i still want it,but i know  if i say who and what someone will try and beat me to it as like i say theres some desperate people with bmx's.

i feel gutted that i got no message to say look pal its lost its not gonna turn up etc heres your $$$ back, maybe its because he tried already and i just said keep looking
 :buck2:

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 07:27 PM »
not good mate and you cossie lovers are as mad as us with ya cars lol
minty from essex ford is mental hes took a week of work to polish his one so ive heard lol

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 07:30 PM »
Its bollox when people do this $hit, there ain't many bargains about on ebay & when you do get one, some fooker says its lost   ::)

I can tell you I won't be looking for one unless its a pair of Blue Oakley O wings  :)

COZZFATHER

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 07:40 PM »
Its bollox when people do this $hit, there ain't many bargains about on ebay & when you do get one, some fooker says its lost   ::)

I can tell you I won't be looking for one unless its a pair of Blue Oakley O wings  :)

exactly mate what i'm thinking..... you must of had the same thing happen, its ruined my day ,i'm supposed to be painting a transit but i'm too angry to paint properly.

it is a seat which you would find on all top spec freestylers around 84 and the real deal not a crappy fake and its was my colour too.
i won it and noticed there is even people on here after this colour and model seat who couldn't find or get one.

i do find one and win it and the fu**er goes awol, it was so cheap i couldn't believe it.

no offence to anybody reading this but i have posted up before wanting stuff and because i'm not glued to the computer somebody posts up on my thread and get what i would have wanted.
sorry for moaning but i'm on a downer, this is supposed to be fun but i'm not smiling  :-\

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 07:48 PM »
Get your cash back , if it cant lol be found then why not just cut and run

another will be along soon , stuff comes up all the time and whatever seat it was , will come up again . promise lol

chin up , its only a seat

have I cheered you up lol

Rich

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 08:15 PM »
Is it a Blue Shotgun II if so, I have had five Nos ones & still got two on builds so there are plenty about  :)

The only seat that is "almost" impossible to find is a Blue Shotgun I  ;)

Anything else, should not be a problem, just keep looking  :daumenhoch:

muddstud

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 12:31 AM »
Was it snorton he shafted me for a stem    :knuppel2:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 12:37 AM »
How did Snorton shaft you for a stem?

moley

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 08:16 AM »
How hard did Snorton shaft you with a stem?

:LolLolLolLol:

muddstud

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 08:25 AM »
I paid paypal straight away he said he would post 2days later emailed him 2 week after to make sure and he said  oooppps forgot will do it tomorrow
Still no show a month later so ask him who he sent it with and for tracking numbers
He said he would get back to me which he never did so emailed him again still no help
Then a sh_ty it must of got lost in the post will try help     :'(
Its bad enough the money but i really wanted the stem and not seen another
Are you waiting hope you have better experiance with him but he had good feedback   :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 09:03 AM »
was it snorton, that suprises me

he is a well know board member in the usa on OS and V , he is an easy targey to flame big time and cause him shed loads of grief

muddstud

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 09:08 AM »
Suprised me too things do get lost in the post but he didnt help and never even told me who he sent it with so i could chase it up this end  :'(

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 09:33 AM »
I guess the message is , whoever it is , get your paypal claim in if its not arrived by the time the claim period ends

muddstud

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 09:43 AM »
Very true mate i have now learnt my lesson now
But i still jump up at the letter box like a jack russel everytime the postman comes  :LolLolLolLol:

COZZFATHER

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 10:17 AM »
no it wasn't any of the mentioned, my part was good enough for bob haro to use and would have been good enough for me and the fact it was minty mint nos was the iceing on the cake, i didn't use much haro in the 80's but the stuff i used i'm getting again so it was a major dissapointment.

i feel much better after a moan :D

to anybody shafted on old school nos trick bits "if your having bike problems i feel bad for you son,i got 99 problems and the bitch ain't one" :buck2:

antiquebmx

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 10:29 AM »
sorry to hear about that, why dont you just say what the part is, youve got everyones attention?

you dont have to mention seller or anything else?   maybe someone on here can actually help you get one.

we are not all bad you know :)

COZZFATHER

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 11:08 AM »
hi mate, please don't take my anger and frustration as me knocking this place, i really like it here just some people seem like they would swap their granny for rare bmx parts or bikes, i have had brilliant advice and help from members here and bought stuff too which is great but i know if i said who it was someone would email the seller and try and gazump me.(probably too late though)

that wasn't the reason for my posting this,it was because i really do think one of the 3 under bidders who didn't bid on the day as the sale finished early morning usa,early afternoon uk got in touch after,i was there and pounced and couldn't beleive i got it.

anyway thanks for the replys  :P

antiquebmx

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 11:33 AM »
no worries mate upto you at the end of the day  :daumenhoch:

good luck on your quest  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  I think i've been shafted on a NOS rare part

gfxgfx
gfx gfx