gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 09:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Question & Thoughts?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Question & Thoughts?  (Read 1232 times)

markatkins

Question & Thoughts?
« on: August 13, 2008, 06:23 PM »
Hey Guys,

I have started to ride my bike again after a long long time off and theres certain things that have amazed me!

For years, i,along with many of you guys i guess had the p..s took out of us for riding bmx bikes.To this day you still get the same ignorant narrow minded comments that can come with riding bmx bikes.
With this in mind,why is it that there are fellow bmx riders that:
-make fun of others for having a front brake
-ask why your wearing a full face helmet when you ride vert
-take th p..s because you have your seat raised and bars further forward than the current trend
-look at you funny because your jeans are not skin tight and your arse is not hanging out
-laugh at you for wearing your pads over your jeans
The list goes on.......
I remember the days when there seemed to be more unity,everyone would look forward to the weekend where everyone would meet up at comps or a jam and have fun.Seems now its more about fashion and current trend.What Bo..ox!
Alot of the riders that do this dont even know the history of bmx yet they think there all that copying everyone else,weird eh!
To me, i dont care if you have one brake or 2 brakes,tight jeans or shorts,full face or open.....YOU RIDE!
Please will the haters stop bitchin,at the end of the day we all ride bikes!
One more thing,we win a gold at the olympics which is amazing,its constantly on the bloody tv though!!!My old mate Jamie Bestwick is blowing everyone away in every contest.Will the media over here please pick up on him and give him some bloody credit.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 08:57 PM by markatkins »

Bushwacked

Re: Question & Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 07:13 PM »
I know what you mean, I've just got into BMX and the grief I get for it you wouldn't believe. You get it everywhere - I went down a local Skate park recently and got asked if I was a "Teenager or a Man"??? I took it as a compliment!! :2funny:

It was my Birthday recently and my brother in law got me BMX bandits to take the michael and to be honest it was my best present - embarrassingly though I'd never seen it before (or Nicole Kidman with that Crazy hair!!!!)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 07:16 PM »
LET YOUR RIDING DO THE TALKING    F TO ALL THE REST   :)

jody

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 07:33 PM »
Yes I'm 39 years of age :coolsmiley: me too gets the P.SS taken :LolLolLolLol:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 07:41 PM »
i've had " what you doing on a childs bike",  by an old biddy ffs....gggrrrrr
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

steve Beech TA

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 07:58 PM »

i PROUDLY take my son to school on my BMX, Luke is six and thinks its cool. But the other parents  look at me in either disgust or disbelief. i get comments like is that yours or what are you doing on that, and you know what i could not give a fcuk! excuse my french, i live in a small snobby village and i love it, it gives them something to keep there small minds amused. i cant stand snobbery, but at least i know that its a lack of self confidence on there part!

So Keep at it  :daumenhoch:

welsh denny

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 08:05 PM »
i 've never stopped riding (apart from injury downtime) and as i made videos for years i was always part of the scene. yep, i agree with mark , there is a majority of the bmx scene today that just wanna bitch but i think fook em. i been involved in this longer than some of em have been alive, people like them will soon move out of bmx and into the next 'in' thing. fashions change, and at the end of the day why bitch about how someone id dressed, their bike or the tricks they do. bmx is still a minority sport and we all have to share sk8parks etc so whats the point in sniping at each other.

the reason we all ride is to have fun. when it stops being that, then please hang up the bmx and shut the door behind you.

(my opinion anyway.) :daumenhoch:

Offline egg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 08:13 PM »
well said denny,and mark take no notice what people think mate,fact is most people will never ride a vert ramp as well as you did :4_17_5:
bit of history for you. :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 08:14 PM »
great find egg, well cool pick

SaMAlex

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 08:15 PM »
i think fook em. i been involved in this longer than some of em have been alive

Spot on. Dont care what you say, zip it youngster

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 08:16 PM »
and tuck them pants in   ;D

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 08:24 PM »
well said denny,and mark take no notice what people think mate,fact is most people will never ride a vert ramp as well as you did :4_17_5:
bit of history for you. :daumenhoch:

Nottingham ??  eh egg, many a good session there  :daumenhoch:

Offline egg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 08:30 PM »
yeah that's notts wheels jai,wish i had the footage of you hanging up on your headtube!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 08:37 PM »
yeah that's notts wheels jai,wish i had the footage of you hanging up on your headtube!  :LolLolLolLol:

i blame the vert ramp dodgy as fook copping

Bushwacked

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 08:38 PM »
There is nothing better than riding a bike and learning skills. I love it!!!

The Fashionside is not good and people get into it because of that which is a shame - I thought I'd give it a go to help my mountain bike skills and now I'm hooked to the point where my MTB isn't getting the love it once got.

Talking of fashion - Brakeless is a dangerous fashion in my eyes and should be banned!!!! The amount of kids that come hurtling at you and you can stop but they can't - like helmets it should be compulsory at skateparks!!!   :tickedoff:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 08:40 PM »
mark what bike are you riding now.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 08:51 PM »
I wouldn`t let it worry you Mark, I`m 43 in October and I couldn`t give a fook what anyone else thinks about me riding as long as I`m enjoying myself, I certainly can`t risk getting injured just because pads don`t look good, my knees and elbows always look good after I`ve just crashed with my pads on, and I rode for almost a year with full body armour on when I started riding again 3 years ago, so fook em  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

markatkins

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 08:53 PM »
Got hold of a We The People Beyond.
Changed a few parts but it feels pretty good now.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 09:00 PM by markatkins »

Voodoocars

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 09:19 PM »
No one takes the p!ss out of us oldies at creation.Probably 'cause they think we're mad for ridin' the vert ramp at our age (I'm 40).I always wear a full face,  pads outside my jeans and hard elbow pads.In fact we often have kids say 'Are you a pro?'.      Ha!   
I've seen a few face and head injuries on kids wearing pot helmets- and, they now seem to have one elbow pad and these daft gum shields ! Whats that all about?   

spesh

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2008, 09:43 PM »
f#ck em im 40 and 17 st dont stop me
as my vids show

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=65686.0

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 06:33 AM »
solid ride the wethepeople  frames  ,catch you at corby one evening with mr leech.

Broggie

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008, 09:26 AM »
Well I'm 50  :'( and got into bmx fairly recently...I dont ride often enough really mainly due to work pressures...I know i'm crap and I dont give a shit...As long as I am enjoying myself that's fine by me.  If some twat has a problem with that then it stays with them unless they want to be a pain in the arse and foist it on me...at which point I will educate them in the error of their ways  :knuppel2:

Ride, enjoy, have friends....fook the rest.

Ray.

Lazarou

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2008, 09:38 AM »
Hey Guys,

I have started to ride my bike again after a long long time off and theres certain things that have amazed me!

For years, i,along with many of you guys i guess had the p..s took out of us for riding bmx bikes.To this day you still get the same ignorant narrow minded comments that can come with riding bmx bikes.
With this in mind,why is it that there are fellow bmx riders that:
-make fun of others for having a front brake
-ask why your wearing a full face helmet when you ride vert
-take th p..s because you have your seat raised and bars further forward than the current trend
-look at you funny because your jeans are not skin tight and your arse is not hanging out
-laugh at you for wearing your pads over your jeans
The list goes on.......
I remember the days when there seemed to be more unity,everyone would look forward to the weekend where everyone would meet up at comps or a jam and have fun.Seems now its more about fashion and current trend.What Bo..ox!
Alot of the riders that do this dont even know the history of bmx yet they think there all that copying everyone else,weird eh!
To me, i dont care if you have one brake or 2 brakes,tight jeans or shorts,full face or open.....YOU RIDE!
Please will the haters stop bitchin,at the end of the day we all ride bikes!
One more thing,we win a gold at the olympics which is amazing,its constantly on the bloody tv though!!!My old mate Jamie Bestwick is blowing everyone away in every contest.Will the media over here please pick up on him and give him some bloody credit.

Well all i can say Mark is that you've come to the right place! Even though being a Tailwhip poineer you're partly responsible for these kids!

jody

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2008, 10:27 AM »
Hi,
How would you guys react if wearing helmets were made compulsory. All us super cool BMX'er dudes wearing the pot helmets :LolLolLolLol:

Bushwacked

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 07:39 PM »
OK - helmets are your own choice (I'll be wearing one though) but being brakeless can hurt not just yourself but others as well

I could be getting old and sensible but last thing I want is some 10 year old piling into me as he can't stop and me being off the bike for 6 weeks (more than likely it'll be my fault but that's not the point)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Question & Thoughts?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx