gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 11:52 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish End of Year Race/Gathering!! 14th September 2008
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Scottish End of Year Race/Gathering!! 14th September 2008  (Read 4734 times)

moley

Re: Scottish End of Year Race/Gathering!! 14th September 2008
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 12:34 PM »
Do I need to take my pegs off and put pads on to have a rip 'round the track then...??!!  :LolLolLolLol:

It depends how good or how bad the Saturday night goes!!

Gladiatorial Combat!!!  :knuppel2:

Like chariot racing without the horses!!!

Sharpen up those pegs!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 09:38 PM »
Right, just wanna check who's making the trip from The North - Moley? Russ? Anyone else?  Have those who are coming up made their own hotel arrangements or do they need a place to kip?  Let me know peeps.  I'll have a quick chat with Kenny S regarding Saturday night (fraught with danger I fear!!) and let you know asap.  :daumenhoch:

I need a drink after getting messed around by my trophy supplier.  They've told me I should be getting them on Thursday.  We'll wait and see, but our previous suppplier has stepped up to help out if required, which is jolly decent of them.  :) :)

moley

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 10:07 PM »
I'm coming up!!  :daumenhoch:

I might be going to Manchester on the saturday though!!  :(

I wont know for sure until Friday!! :-\

So if I can't make the Saturday night piss up I will be coming up Sunday Morning to do the racing!!  :D

If I can make the Saturday night piss up then I'd probably need a place to crash!!   :crazy2:

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 11:11 PM »
I can't make it  :(

The wifes gone and organised a BBQ on Sunday for about 20 folk without telling me  :knuppel2:

Paulo

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 02:40 PM »

You need to have serious words with the misses PP.

Why not just move the bbq to the track. We'll have a few burgers on the go anyway.

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2008, 10:30 PM »
Iain,
With 20 folk there surely she won't miss you for an hour or so  ;)  Moley, I've PM'd you my number, just let me know what your plans are mate  :daumenhoch:

Stella Dave

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2008, 10:07 PM »
Deffo coming on Sunday but never heard or seen nowt bout tomorrow night?!? Is anythin happening?

Will there be bikes on display?

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2008, 10:14 PM »
I spoke to Kenny Hunter last night Dave.

Apparently, as it only appears to be Moley coming up from Englandshire it was decided that they wouldn't bother going out. Which would probably be wise after how bad Kenny Scullion and I felt at MK after get pissed the night before

Hope to meet you on Sunday

moley

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2008, 11:36 PM »
I'm not coming up either!!!  :(

I have a family do to go to in Manchester!!

I was looking forward to this one!!

Have a great time lads and try and get some footage and pics of the action!!   :daumenhoch:

Hopefully your clan will organise a raiding party and pillage some points from the North Region Winter Series!!  :)

Stella Dave

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2008, 12:22 AM »
we should have name badges or we'll prob all miss each other! Usually happens at these do's!

kevin rettie

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2008, 12:40 AM »
Kenny

I'll be there.  :daumenhoch:

What time will the racing start at?

Who else is coming along? It would be great to get a full gate.....

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2008, 12:43 AM »
Kenny

I'll be there.  :daumenhoch:

What time will the racing start at?

Who else is coming along? It would be great to get a full gate.....

check out the site you lazy git
http://www.smand.co.uk/others/titans/calendar/calendar.html

Paulo

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2008, 03:39 PM »

More burgers for us  :daumenhoch:

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2008, 06:21 PM »
Kenny S and myself will be at the track from around 10am onwards, getting the track tidy and setting everything up.  Registration will be from 12noon-1pm and we hope to be racing from 1.15pm or very soon after.  We'll be running 3 motos (round 11), take a break, then another 3 motos (round 12).  We'll be running eight classes, with trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd on the day, the points being taken from all 6 motos, medals for those finishing outside the top 3.  The trophies for overall summer season positions will be given out as soon as they arrive  >:( 

Scott Jardine from RedBull has kindly sent me more cases of the fizzy stuff so there will be plenty for all racers, parents and helpers  :daumenhoch:  Paulo will be bringing a gazebo and some burgers and we've organised a PA system with some decent tunes to get everyone pumped up and ready to race.

See you all tomorrow!  :)
Kenny

teamsano

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2008, 08:50 PM »
ooops!

just noticed this kenny, hope to pop along tomorrow, even if its just to say hi!

Stella Dave

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2008, 10:09 AM »
I'm sober and heading up but not racing unfort as I still dont have a racer. Got all the gear but no bike now!!
Looking forward to it though, hopefully get to meet some more new faces from here.

Stella Dave

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2008, 07:26 PM »
Had a good day, good to see and meet some more folk.
Gogo just turned up aith his bike and won nearly all his races!  :D

teamsano

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2008, 08:04 PM »
what a great day!

kenny h bullied me into racing, but it was a great laugh and blew the cobwebs out. good to meet a lot of old faces and some new uns too.

i got a coupla pics that ill pop up later.

Paulo

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2008, 08:54 PM »

An absolutely fab day. Biggest NS entry and a great bunch of old timers. What a laugh. Some great racing too.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2008, 09:12 PM »
How lucky that the weather held!
Great to hear everyone had a good day out. I was busy 'til late afternoon (typical!), but popped down to see if anyone was still hanging around the track. Just missed you GoGo, but managed to have a chat with some of the guys anyway before I headed back up to Kelvingrove for a sesh.
Great to hear of all the plans for the future. Wish I'd been able to get down earlier - esp. to see Goags and Skinny race!
G

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2008, 10:08 PM »
Yeah, today went well, some new blood and some well kent faces.  Big thanks From Kenny S and myself to Paulo & Moira for providing the burgers, Moira and Nikki for doing the finish line duties, Scott Jardine at RedBull for supplying cases of the fizzy stuff, not forgetting Sean Boyle, David Lindsay, Dan Kerr, Kuwahero, Niall Craig & Stuart McIntosh for helping out throught the day, also Stevo for his invaluable work on our website which seems to be paying dividends, judging by the numbers that turned out today, with most of the new faces finding out about the race via the website.  Great to see some 'new' oldschoolers getting on the gate as well, Scott Davidson taking the win in the Oldschool Open, and Sean Boyle winning 17+  :daumenhoch:

teamsano

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2008, 10:18 PM »
heres some of my pics from today-

sean boyle

scott d

nice kuwi

clean ta

sean

sean scott and kenny s

skinheed

teamsano

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2008, 10:34 PM »
oh yeah, after the race i popped up to u23 skatepark and watched kriss kyle do this-

kevin rettie

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2008, 10:36 PM »
Great day lads with a brilliant turnout, thanks to the Kennys as ever.  :4_17_5: The burgers, music and trophies made it feel like '86 again... just need to get the numbers up a wee bit!

Good to see Mr Boyle after a couple of decades or so... surprised to see the switch from Zeronine to SE though!!

Cheers to Skinny for unknowingly encouraging me to jump the doubles   :daumenhoch:... I'll get you next time mate!

Hope to see you all soon at the start of the winter series.

Kevin

Stevo

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2008, 10:44 PM »
Great pics teamsano. Thanks also to the two Kennys for organising the event bringing all the gear, etc. Kenny H's MCing and sounds created the right atmosphere.

Likewise Paulo and Moira for the catering, and Nikki with the race results.

And everyone who turned up on the day. Glad it went well and it didn't rain after all the publicity.

Cheers Marc for the bars and Sean for the gloves. Not forgetting Kenny S for inner tube after valve went in mine.

Pics and results for this event will be on the site soon. If you have any you would like to add, post them here or email them to me.

If only all our race days were like today's. Cheers.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:21 PM by Stevo »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Scottish End of Year Race/Gathering!! 14th September 2008

gfxgfx
gfx gfx