gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 04:43 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  haro vector bars wedge!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: haro vector bars wedge!  (Read 808 times)

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
haro vector bars wedge!
« on: August 12, 2008, 05:47 PM »
does anyone know if this can be fixed, of if they can be bought from somewhere, it cracked when tightening, but the thread seems to be differant than all the other wedges i have!

R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

bensherman

Re: haro vector bars wedge!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 06:23 PM »
Hi m8 I had to get a new bolt for my Mongoose os stem, went to a couple of bike shops before finding one. New bolt and shim think was £3   :daumenhoch:

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 06:35 PM »
I think you're best trying to get an engineers to machine you one Sam, failing that forget the wedge and sell me those bars  :P

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 06:35 PM »
maybe i should trawl the bike shops then... :daumenhoch:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 06:38 PM »
I think you're best trying to get an engineers to machine you one Sam, failing that forget the wedge and sell me those bars  :P

tell you the truth del, they feel crap to ride,much too wide, remember the old cow horns everyone had in the 70's, but only got them to compliment my gen 1... :daumenhoch:

bensherman

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 06:44 PM »

tell you the truth del, they feel crap to ride,much too wide, remember the old cow horns everyone had in the 70's, but only got them to compliment my gen 1... :daumenhoch:

Where you live m8, I could always give shop near me a bell and post to you

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 06:45 PM »
I know, they're not the nicest to ride with. I have some some on a master and my Gen1, but want another set for another project... I love Haro Vectors, I've always thought they're the best looking bars (in my opinion of course)

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 08:09 PM »
I thing that is an ACS stem bolt , Potts mod, turn up on the bay from time 2 time, vectors need a different wedge 2 that normally, thats why it broke 2 b honest. The type of wedge u need is the same as on a Suntour power stem in shape but the threads differ so not interchangable.

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 11:14 AM »
I thing that is an ACS stem bolt , Potts mod, turn up on the bay from time 2 time, vectors need a different wedge 2 that normally, thats why it broke 2 b honest. The type of wedge u need is the same as on a Suntour power stem in shape but the threads differ so not interchangable.

i realise that the suntour power stem one fits now, as i have fitted one on along with the bolt :daumenhoch:
now i have a useless suntour stem... :'(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  haro vector bars wedge!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx