gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 07:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Haro Gen 1
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Haro Gen 1  (Read 3092 times)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Haro Gen 1
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2008, 02:17 PM »
do you think there is a NOS one out there?? ??? ???

Yes there is a genuine NOS one out there, pics have been posted on here before  :daumenhoch:.
wow! would love to see the pics if anybody has them?

thanks zak

If you do a search you should find the thread, it's from a few years ago though!!!

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2008, 02:24 PM »

Not wrong mate, it was painfully drawn out and full of BS. Glad the cnut is banned  :knuppel2: Anyhow, must be some NOS still wrapped Gen 1's out there apart from Terry Jenkins lovely example?  ::)

no secrecy (???) you got me going there now...

anyhoo - it went on all sunday night - dragged everyone on for hours about how he had them in his loft but he had a bad back yada yada yada was waiting for a mate - then could'nt get his camera to work then couldnt read the serial numbers - no one believed him in the beginning and then 5 odd hours later he decides to let everyone get to bed and admits that 'he fooled us all' well not exactly...

RAD doesnt need members like that!

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2008, 06:08 PM »
Honestly i think a NOS Gen 1 would go about 2K maybe 2.5K and thats pounds and then if the seller was lucky

Offline Gtbill

• Cherry Picker
  • To fast to go slow
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2008, 06:19 PM »
do we think adam will ever  come back on here  after  the madness of  that post  :idiot2:
Gtbill for all your watch and Jewellery needs

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2008, 06:24 PM »
So how comes the one on ebay was upto 6k  :-\ ???

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2008, 06:49 PM »
I still think in the states a NOS one boxed would do £5k+, i've seen poor condition ones over here go for £1.2k on egay and that's without US shipping, if they would have opened that up then who knows. £5k me thinks for a NOS one!  ;)

P.S. Adam may already be back on under another username, who knows...  :-\

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2008, 07:05 PM »
It's because they're such an iconic F&F, as has been said already, it was the first F&F that was designed just for freestyle. Terry Jenkins has a NOS one like Matt said but I'm sure there will be another one somewhere. There's one thing for sure though, they won't be in that retards fooking loft!

The only thing I don't get is that gen 1 & 2 Sports are a much rarer F&F but they don't command such prices as the Gen 1's do.

Strange but true!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 08:21 PM by Flatcap »
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

firebird4130

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2008, 07:07 PM »
around How many were made?

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2008, 10:04 PM »
well....jem...how many???

greentoads your man fraz, he has compiled a brilliant torker built haro registry

Dave
haro, how do you do

johhnyboyz

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2008, 11:58 PM »
ok ,you have to read  the coment that walter mity left on his aero reflex sale,look at questions in the completed listing

greentoad

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2008, 03:54 PM »
well....jem...how many???

greentoads your man fraz, he has compiled a brilliant torker built haro registry

Dave

Hi all

The data below of production is from a while ago (I'm at work so don't have all the data), but is still pretty much correct. I have spent many hours on this and really carn't imagine it is very far out.

Personally, I think the price on a NOS Haro would depend on the model and serial. I could easily see a Gen 1 (not Gen 2) Freestyler (un-welded) and low serial making serious money. Also any other low serial (Sport or Master  - Gen 1 and Gen 2).

For me, I would prefer a low serial number or a documented famous riders bike rather than just a late serial / year and NOS bike / frame - I hope this makes sense.

I personally like the Gen 2 Master and Sports designs best. I would expect an NOS one of these to command the real serious monies as these (including Gen 1's) have low survivor numbers.

Another fact is the number of survivors, a NOS low production bike (Master or Sport) i'm sure would command more money than a late build date NOS Freestyler.

So, from what information has surfaced so far.

There would have been built - 001 to 820 maximum - Gen 1 Freestylers. (821 is a Gen 2 F - but believe it to be a Gen 2 F). There may also be a chance that there where variations of the Gen 1 (but proof is required).

So a maximum of = 820 Gen 1 Freestylers

There was between the sequence - 821 and 3882 (and not many more as the Gen 1 Master starts soon after) Gen 2 Freestylers.

So approximately = 3061 Gen 2 Freestylers

There was between the sequence of 3924 and 4599 (and not many more Gen 1 Masters as my Gen 2 is also July) Gen 1 Masters.

So approximately = 675 Gen 1 Masters

There was between the sequence of 4754 and 5931 (and not many more as production went overseas for the next NON TORKER BUILT Masters) Gen 2 Masters

So approximately = 1177 Gen 2 Masters

There was between the sequence of 0001 and maximum of 0440 (as the new date code came out for the Gen 2 Sport) Gen 1 Sports

So approximately = 440 Gen 1 Sports (Personally I think this could be quite a lot less)

There was between the sequence of 0441 and maximum of 0459 (and not many more as production went overseas for the NON TORKER BUILT Sport) Gen 2 Sports

So approximately = ?00 Gen 2 Sports (As a guess 200?)

Hope this helps.

J.

Broggie

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2008, 03:59 PM »
3 NOS  Gen 1's...pah chickenfeed...I've got at least 20 RF1's in me loft...swap em all for a rat reflex  :uglystupid2:  :2funny:

Ray.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Haro Gen 1

gfxgfx
gfx gfx