gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 02:10 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  BMX Talk says Old School are asking for Nationals.. Is this right?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BMX Talk says Old School are asking for Nationals.. Is this right?  (Read 4729 times)

Rooonga

Just saw a post about this on BMX talk, I thought old school were looking for official regional, and Brits recognition.

On BMX talk it looks like the Oldschool riders have asked for a national series too.

Is this right?

Sam (Nishiki) - I tried a PM, but don't know if it went to you or not.

click here for the thread

thecrooch

Re: BMX Talk says Old School are asking for Nationals.. Is this right?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 11:20 AM »
No we arent asking for nationals - put them right Roonga - you are right we are asking for Expert Status for Regional and the Brits next year...

what was the feedback on talk re nationals btw?  just curious....

Sam is having computer issues (and car issues)

Rooonga

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 11:28 AM »
Cheers Si,

No negative responses so far over there.

Rooonga

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 12:26 PM »
Quote from: Tonydabutcher on BMX talk website
I think there should be more debate on the subject before it gets expert status.
There's alot I don't understand, and I know I'm not alone.

BMX racing is about to go Olympic.
Do we need vintage bicycles at the highest National level?
(there's no rules on whether your bike is too old?)
Just asking the question.
C'mon Old schoolers, state your case.. fight your corner.
I suspect the interest to actually get on your bikes is not as big as you think.

Alot of guys who previously rode oldschool at regionals are now experts at nationals!
How great is that? Is that not the way?

This is from Tony on BMX talk.

Anyone care to visit the site and reply?

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 02:18 PM »
I don't know who Tony Da Butcher is, but  I think he as missed the point and gone off at a tangent  . It has nothing to do with Nationals, this is a regional thing, so some can race at the Brits, in an officially recognised race, sort of the OldSchool King of Kings Race...

..if I'm wrong, please feel free to point me in the right direction, but that's how I understand it.

I have have no interest at all in racing a National Series, does any one else?

Anyone?...
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Rooonga

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 02:26 PM »
Yeh I put the roughly same thing on BMX talk.

Getting some negative responses now - so come on radders post on BMX talk and let them know your feelings.

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 02:35 PM »
Im same as Ron, I struggle to do enough regionals never mind trying to
trail all over country for nationals............comes down to bastard fuel
and work in the end!

thecrooch

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 02:38 PM »
I don't know who Tony Da Butcher is, but  I think he as missed the point and gone off at a tangent  . It has nothing to do with Nationals, this is a regional thing, so some can race at the Brits, in an officially recognised race, sort of the OldSchool King of Kings Race...

..if I'm wrong, please feel free to point me in the right direction, but that's how I understand it.

Anyone?...

Tony is involved with the southern Region via Hawks BMX - he is Billy Luckhursts Dad and a genuine and nice bloke.  Dont think he is trying to antagonise anyone but yes he is wrong about the national standard.  I think he is straight on that now.  Im in discussion with him about something else so ill make sure he understands...

Personally I just would like to have a National Race once a year when the riders that compete in the OSS in the UK can battle it out for a UK No1 plate or the like.   We dont have anything that does this ie where the BOF's and Ivesy's of this world are not allowed to enter as they dont ride OS normally.

MK is an amazing event and we all had a ball in the racing but am i right in saying that everyone of the A Final Doesnt race OS normally??  Northerners please put me right on this as none of the southerners made the grade!!!

« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 02:39 PM by Crooch »

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 02:47 PM »

Anyone?...

Tony is involved with the southern Region via Hawks BMX - he is Billy Luckhursts Dad and a genuine and nice bloke.  Dont think he is trying to antagonise anyone but yes he is wrong about the national standard.  I think he is straight on that now.  Im in discussion with him about something else so ill make sure he understands...

Personally I just would like to have a National Race once a year when the riders that compete in the OSS in the UK can battle it out for a UK No1 plate or the like.   We dont have anything that does this ie where the BOF's and Ivesy's of this world are not allowed to enter as they dont ride OS normally.

MK is an amazing event and we all had a ball in the racing but am i right in saying that everyone of the A Final Doesnt race OS normally??  Northerners please put me right on this as none of the southerners made the grade!!!

Me and JTSmooth don't race new school and made the A final but we did come 8th and 7th     :LolLolLolLol:     but I know where you are coming from.

It's interesting though when you look at the north region rider list  http://www.northregionbmx.org.uk/20080720Leeds_CLASS.htm 
that Old school is the joint most supported class alongside payback. They should be asking us to become expert class  ;) 

Andy

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 02:47 PM »

Anyone?...

Tony is involved with the southern Region via Hawks BMX - he is Billy Luckhursts Dad and a genuine and nice bloke.  Dont think he is trying to antagonise anyone but yes he is wrong about the national standard.  I think he is straight on that now.  Im in discussion with him about something else so ill make sure he understands...

Personally I just would like to have a National Race once a year when the riders that compete in the OSS in the UK can battle it out for a UK No1 plate or the like.   We dont have anything that does this ie where the BOF's and Ivesy's of this world are not allowed to enter as they dont ride OS normally.

MK is an amazing event and we all had a ball in the racing but am i right in saying that everyone of the A Final Doesnt race OS normally??  Northerners please put me right on this as none of the southerners made the grade!!!

Bof raced OS until this year where he has raced cruiser, not enough cometition for him up here in OS!!

thecrooch

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 02:56 PM »
JT - Actually you were the only one who regulary races aren't you???   Not surprised he went 'up' in the end .

moomin

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 03:06 PM »
I've replied on Talk that this is only for Regionals and Brits

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 03:35 PM »
JT - Actually you were the only one who regulary races aren't you???   Not surprised he went 'up' in the end .

Haro 82 has done a few, he only started mid season  :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 03:42 PM »
No one did the full 8 rounds!!

Lucky its best 6 out of 8 rounds.

Its been a fun year of racing and a good win by Smoothy

Roll on the winter series!!!  :daumenhoch:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 04:00 PM »
LUCKY WIN YA MEAN MOLEY

NEXT TIME SMOOTHY

R :-* :-* :-*

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 04:04 PM »
LUCKY WIN YA MEAN MOLEY

NEXT TIME SMOOTHY

Dude you aint going to win unless you keep pedling down the 2nd, 3rd and 4th straight  :daumenhoch:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 04:10 PM »
AND KEEPIN A BIKE LONG ENOUGH TO GET USED TO IT HA HA HA

R :-*

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 04:11 PM »
AND KEEPIN A BIKE LONG ENOUGH TO GET USED TO IT HA HA HA

R :-*

Dont give us that Sh1t, your like a bullet out of the gate but a snail after the first corner  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 04:17 PM »

Anyone?...

andy lincoln (bigplinky) is proper old school and hasnt raced for yonks and probs only been out on his bike 4 times this year n stayed on once :daumenhoch: :LolLolLolLol:

MK is a different kettle of fish tho, it should be fun and the more the merrier, i think it would be an administrators nightmare to try n keep tabs on who races what regularly and then try n class them fairly at MK. it just goes to show the standard of the oldschoolers who made the qtrs and the finals.

an old school northern non racer won MK O6 (PK6061)
and a 1st series old school racer Nortern won MK 07 (Bof)
and a new to new school racer ex oldschool racer Northern won MK 08 (that'l be Bof again then)

the majority of n/s riders racing oldschool at MK were in fact southern and got beaten by someone who can't stay on his bike for full day :LolLolLolLol:

an old school national race would be cool but the logistics would be a 'mare as the scottish series lads would have to be considered (quite rightly) and that would mean very north midlands/yorkshire area at least, as somewhere between Newcastle and the scottish borders is prob central between Kenny Hunter and the boys and hersden for example.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 04:25 PM by OrgasmDonor »

Rooonga

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 04:18 PM »

Dont give us that Sh1t, your like a bullet out of the gate but a snail after the first corner  :LolLolLolLol:

Sound just like me - except for the gate bit!!

moley

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2008, 04:49 PM »
LUCKY WIN YA MEAN MOLEY

NEXT TIME SMOOTHY

Dude you aint going to win unless you keep pedling down the 2nd, 3rd and 4th straight  :daumenhoch:

MADD DOGG's problem is physics!!

It takes a huge amount of energy to move a mass that large and dense so that when it comes to the Final Straight, all energy is expended and forward momentum is lost due to Gravity and air resistance!!

In layman terms,  He's a unfit fatty who runs out of steam after holeshotting the gate!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

At least MADD DAWG isn't last out of the gate!!

Even 'Come on Bananaman' is quicker out of the gate than me!!!  :(

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2008, 05:32 PM »
It takes a huge amount of energy to move a mass that large and dense so that when it comes to the Final Straight, all energy is expended and forward momentum is lost due to Gravity and air resistance!!

THIS GOES TWICE FOR YOU FATTY :buck2: :buck2: :buck2: :buck2:

R

moley

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008, 06:46 PM »
Too true!!!  :daumenhoch:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2008, 06:48 PM »
SOZZ MATEY

FORGOT TO ASK HOW YOU AND THE REDLINE GOT ONN

R

moley

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 07:01 PM »
I liked it MADD DOGG!!   :daumenhoch:

Its a lot better than either of my Haro Group One's

I shall compare it to my Elf Doublecross when I build it!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  BMX Talk says Old School are asking for Nationals.. Is this right?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx