gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 04:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Removing frame and fork decals??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Removing frame and fork decals??  (Read 689 times)

Linus27

Removing frame and fork decals??
« on: August 11, 2008, 11:23 PM »
Hi, I just got my new Kuwahara bike and I was going to replace the decals on the frame and forks with some classic old school ones. However, it looks like the decals have been applied and then the whole bike coated with a clear varnish. You can't feel the decals at all, its super smooth. Am I screwed or is there a way to remove them?

steve Beech TA

Re: Removing frame and fork decals??
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 07:34 AM »
Hi

What type of ride is it and what finish is it pain/chrome? it may be easier to leave as is, unless you want to strip it and get  it re powderd mate. :daumenhoch:

munners

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 07:41 AM »
Hi, I just got my new Kuwahara bike and I was going to replace the decals on the frame and forks with some classic old school ones. However, it looks like the decals have been applied and then the whole bike coated with a clear varnish. You can't feel the decals at all, its super smooth. Am I screwed or is there a way to remove them?

They laquer over all decals on old Harleys and some mopeds.

Keep it as is mate. ;)

Linus27

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 08:22 AM »
Yes its paint so it looks like i may have to leave it :(:(

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 09:00 AM »
The new laserlite's, etc have the decals lacquered over so they are under the surface and more durable. you would have to strip the frame to get them off.

Not worth the effort unless it was a second hand frame and need re-doing.

Leave as is mate

Linus27

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 09:39 AM »
Thanks kuwahero, you confirm what I thought. Thats a real shame as it would look awsome with the classic decals. I don't know why they put different ones on as the new Laserlite's have the old style decals.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Removing frame and fork decals??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx