gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 05:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  dirt jumping.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: dirt jumping.  (Read 655 times)

magna13

dirt jumping.
« on: August 11, 2008, 04:39 PM »
hey guys.

well this is something i have always sorta done but i didnt do alot of it as i was total w**k at it, dirt jumping. now i finially got the balls to go for it and have tried to jump some pretty big stuff and i even had an atempt a trying to jump and try an x-up, it didnt go very well lol, but im trying!.

now im getting very interested in it and want to get a pretty nice bike for it, im looking for a bike thats light, strong, looks good, jumps well etc.

i had this in mind. the new 'Haro Backtrail X2 Low'. heres a link! : http://www.alansbmx.com/product_info.php?products_id=6426

is this any good?, really i just want pointing in the right direction.

also, show me your bikes you got for dirt jumping! i'd like to some piccys of you guys doing it for a bit of inspiration!

i know Paul (ZED4130) had a lil go at it, but i dunno if he stuck at it?  ???

thanks guys

Zak

zed4130

Re: dirt jumping.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 05:05 PM »
hi mate, its all ive got near me, as the old track is more of a dirt track now, plus there are some dirt jumps 5mins from my house, but i never did the big stuff, as me back isnt too great, the 4 pack was always great on dirt, but as a kid trails and street was al we had near me, so i love it, enjoy mate   :4_17_5:

motomagII

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 05:06 PM »
zac the haro you have fot it okay for dirt matey
greg

firebird4130

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 05:11 PM »
Hi mate, just got this S&M L.A.F (Light As F*"ck) Managed to get the frame used for 85 quid posted from the States, gave it a coat of paint and here it is. The forks are S&M pitchforks XLT and a Camo Redneck Xlt so will be great for jumping ,all light components. I don't think much of that Haro but that's just personal taste.
With the X-ups a good way to learn is to try doing them one footed first, it gives you more clearance from the bars. Then when you've built up the confidence try not taking your foot off.
Hope that helps,
Fraz

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 05:21 PM »
ya gotta just go for it dude when ya jumpin dirt and ya gotta go for it now while ya young, build ya confidence and keep pushin it, you more likely to bounce when ya bail as ya get older ya just "sack o shite" it and break bits off when ya wipe out :LolLolLolLol:. just go for it n most importantly enjoy it. as for bikes, ya need one that feels right so have a go of a few mates before ya dive in, the right bike makes all the difference doesnt matter what it is :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 05:29 PM »

magna13

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 06:07 PM »
hey guys!

thanks for the advice!, im defo gonna try the one footed x-up as when i tried it, i hit my knee on the bars as i have never really tried it before  :-\, but im gonna try that for sure thanks!

fraz, your S&M looks very nice mate! and i would even consider on getting that!, does it take 10mm axles?

Dingo, that bike is lush and i might even consider on asking the parents for it for x-mas!

Greg, the haro i got at the moment is a racer and im only a beginer so i dont wanna mess it up with buckled wheels and foooked bb's!, might use it when i get a new racer!

thanks guys! more advice please as im really keen and wanna learn

Zak  :Great_Britain:

magna13

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 06:13 PM »
hi mate, its all ive got near me, as the old track is more of a dirt track now, plus there are some dirt jumps 5mins from my house, but i never did the big stuff, as me back isnt too great, the 4 pack was always great on dirt, but as a kid trails and street was al we had near me, so i love it, enjoy mate   :4_17_5:
are you still at it paul?

firebird4130

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 06:14 PM »
cheers zak, the forks take 10mm the frame is 14 but you can get adapters I think.
Good luck with the x-ups mate  :daumenhoch:

fraz

zed4130

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 06:15 PM »
are you still at it paul?

sadly not mate, back too bad these days, and was getting injuried too much,  :-\

magna13

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 06:20 PM »
shame. i seen some pics of you riding and your bike, it looked mint!

you got anymore to show?

zed4130

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 07:08 PM »
no mate, no more bmx's  :-\ after my neck injurie i had to call it a day, possible not for ever, i pick corals new mirraco up this week, so im sure ill give that a spin  ;)

magna13

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 01:24 PM »
 ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  dirt jumping.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx