gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 12:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  more from scrapbook - Evening post race Preston Aug 85
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: more from scrapbook - Evening post race Preston Aug 85  (Read 2633 times)

Offline kusam

• Berm Worm
  • Nob
  • Rated:
more from scrapbook - Evening post race Preston Aug 85
« on: January 15, 2006, 02:51 PM »
Bored so thought I would scan and post this.  Anyone know anybody mentioned?  Or spot someone in the pic.  I can see Adele Croxon, Karren Little, Benita Ireland and kid at front, Lee Hay from RVR.

Offline danny silverstreak

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: more from scrapbook - Evening post race Preston Aug 85
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 05:28 PM »
nice sam nice

Flying_fox

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 06:47 PM »
Sorry can't  tell who's in the picture as some of those people I know know, but have no idea what they looked like when there little kids. I've emailed the scan to Graham Stricland's little brother Callum so he can show him, Graham won one of the age groups so he might be in it, or know some of the people who are. The only ones his Callum reconised were ben carter, bob field and brian iddon. I hope that helps.

There are some good names in there. Some of them I even raced this weekend in Sheffield! Infact Dave Ives who won the NW points series in the 7's probably isn't talking to me after the move I pulled on him in the quarter final yesterday, lol!!

Offline kusam

• Berm Worm
  • Nob
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 12:22 AM »
Lol...Graham was only little then.  I managed to get hold of some 80's footage off Gav (bike videos) which apparently came from the Strickland household...was so chuffed to get it, was mostly North West footage which was my region but it did include the Puch agv club championships at Nottingham and it had ALL the finals on...including the girls!! Yay!  Brought tears to my eyes seeing myself :-[  Knew this footage existed because I got to see it BITD at a presentation but never got hold of a copy...until I stumbled upon the bmx sites one day  :)

Was Stacey Iddon the daughter of Brian then?  I just remember a little girl of that name.

Surprising just how many of the old racers are still at it  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Becki

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 01:08 PM »
I got my name in the results  :P

Think Steve Cragg might be one of the youngsters in the picture??

Offline kusam

• Berm Worm
  • Nob
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 01:37 PM »
Hiya Becki....

Those results on the left which have your name in are from the C0cksmoor national in 1985 :)

P.S.  Where are those pics???  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Becki

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 01:43 PM »
I promise i'll dig them out!!

Got any more?

Offline kusam

• Berm Worm
  • Nob
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 01:53 PM »
Results?  Got plenty of results but not nationals and thats the only time we ever raced each other...though do have national rankings in the old programmes...hang on...

and those pics I posted up some time ago are the only ones I have with you on them.

Offline kusam

• Berm Worm
  • Nob
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 02:37 PM »
Becki...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  more from scrapbook - Evening post race Preston Aug 85

gfxgfx
gfx gfx