gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975642 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 11:53 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Coppull (Round 1) 31st August - North Region Winter Series Riders List
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Coppull (Round 1) 31st August - North Region Winter Series Riders List  (Read 8138 times)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
The overgrown trees are obscuring the sign at the mo, but its the road (more of a track really) opposite the Alison Arms pub (on the A 49 in Coppull  :) ) go all the way down past the playing fields and then right at a gate and another 100 or so yards and you am there  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

moley

UPDATED IINFORMATION at 4:49pm

Which ever way your coming turn off at Charnock Richard Services.

At the services on the South Bound follow the exit past an old pre-fab building and turn off to the left and follow it out onto the road which leads to the bridge over the motorway (it leads to the hotel which is on the north bound Services).  DO NOT FOLLOW the exit back onto the motorway.  THAT WOULD BE BAD!!!!!

This route at the Southbound services works because there is no automatic barrier to stop people leaving the south-bound services and joining the public roads.   BE WARNED!!!!!   The last 2 times I have been to Coppull the Service entrance to the North-Bound Services has had the automatic barrier up.  Which means you can't use it to get back onto the motorway to travel north.  So using the Northbound Services to get TO and FROM Coppull might not be a good idea.   But the Southbound has always been open.   If your travelling North then you'll need another route!!!

When you hit the road which goes over the motorway (Mill Lane) turn Left.  At the end of this road is a little roundabout.   Turn Right at the roundabout and stay on this road A49 (Preston Road) and straight over a mini roundabouts until you see a big yellow pub called the Alison Arms (Postcode PR7 5DU) on the left.  The lane which leads to the track is directly opposite this.  Go down this lane past a small prefab building on the right and straight after the Football/rugby pitch (on the right hand side) is a potholed track leading to the Track (you should be able to see the Start Hill on the right past 2 Rugby/Football Pitches).  Its approx 1.5 miles from the services so ignore any pubs you see before 1.5 miles.   

Do not be tempted to park in the Rugby/Football pitches Car Park as its usually full and they might get arsey.  Carry on down the lane and find the track leading to the BMX Track!!!

If your on the North Bound M6 turn off at Charnock Richards Services and Find the Trade Entrance. It'll be on your left before the Hotel probably just after the Slip road so be on the lookout for it. Once your on Mill lane turn Left and follow the directions above for the South Bound directions.

I would say that it is the easiest way because its all motorway driving which is quick apart from the 1.5 mile from the services to the track.

Here a picture.  Just follow the Red Lines to the Track.

Sanmarcopizza

So come on, lets update the riders list. Who's comin. Is russ still a no show, if so, it's down to 1 gate.

THIRSTYKIRSTY

me is commin

and me is racvin old school

and me is racin

are ya ready to lafff

racin this baby

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Diggler's on board  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

moley

I thought you were racing Cruiser Diggler?

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
I thought you were racing Cruiser Diggler?

Need more time on it, not comfy yet  :-[ 

THIRSTYKIRSTY

GET YERSELL ON THE COUCH SI :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

SOON GET COMFY MATEY

R

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
She isn't racing Old School... obviously... but my daughter is thinking of having a race in the 10-12 catergory.

HELP: DOES ANYONE HAVE A DECENT SPARE HELMET THAT WOULD FIT AN ELEVEN YEAR.

Cheers Guys...

Sanmarcopizza

Fookin kids. If I'm not there it's due to lack of bed time. Try not to miss me.

BigG

Gutted, can't make it, family biz, sorry lads  :'(

moley

Sorry lads!!   My back is fooked!!

I was hoping it would be okay by now but it wasn't!!  :(

I wouldn't have raced but I wanted to turn up and show some support and get some footage!!!

Bah Humbug!!!  >:(

keep it lit!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ JIBBERS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Howling day out as usaul boys :daumenhoch: the boys who always threaten to come don't know what there missing :police:........ mint :smitten:

Ade :crazy2:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 05:29 PM by keep it lit! »

Cotty

Ade,
Phil tells me they fooked up your run off..AGAIN!!

Cotty

keep it lit!

Ade,
Phil tells me they fooked up your run off..AGAIN!!

Cotty

Eze Cotty lad... how are the pec's & the tan coming along brother?..........

yeah me & phil were gonna have a b-final and we were planning on jumping the main doubles syncro style but he marshalls got wind and a health & safety officer scuttled our plan >:D

me & the bald one were devo'd :'(

Ade
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 05:57 PM by keep it lit! »

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Yeah, that was shit  :tickedoff:

Good day oot though, I reet enjoyed me self, mostly cos I wasnt poisened the night before by a team of vodka and Absynth weilding ninjas  :LolLolLolLol:

I think Andy got the win so well done sir :daumenhoch:

Big Al moved the start hill 2" back with the sheer power of his gates, sadly the same power sent him crashing to the ground in the final. Awesome gating though :daumenhoch:

Top day as always. Coppull track is an aquired taste at first but I like it after today. BIG thanks to mid Lancs BMX Club for putting on a good days racing, slick and well organised :)

Well done to young Finn Hall straight 1st's all day I think, firmly putting his stamp on the coming season :4_17_5:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Results ???  ::)

proclass35

Yeah, that was shit  :tickedoff:

Good day oot though, I reet enjoyed me self, mostly cos I wasnt poisened the night before by a team of vodka and Absynth weilding ninjas  :LolLolLolLol:

I think Andy got the win so well done sir :daumenhoch:

Big Al moved the start hill 2" back with the sheer power of his gates, sadly the same power sent him crashing to the ground in the final. Awesome gating though :daumenhoch:

Top day as always. Coppull track is an aquired taste at first but I like it after today. BIG thanks to mid Lancs BMX Club for putting on a good days racing, slick and well organised :)

Well done to young Finn Hall straight 1st's all day I think, firmly putting his stamp on the coming season :4_17_5:
As I say Si, the factory offers are on hold until we get the phonecall from Fox's Cycles. That would be one sh*t hot team though- Bof, Finn, Euan, the Diggler himself ...and the race jersey's would rock. All we need now is the backing of a major name in bikes and an energy drink and we've cracked it. Although rumour has it that Bof's already been approached by Sanatogen Tonic Wine/ Saltafoss....better get your skates on!

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Team manager  ::)

BOOM BOOM

moley

If there are 9 riders then the bottom 3 have a run off with the last rider getting 9th place

If there are 10 to 16 riders then the lowest 8 into Expert Final and the rest in a 2nd invitational final.

If there was 10 riders and you didn't get a 'B' Final then you must not have been invited!!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
As I say Si, the factory offers are on hold until we get the phonecall from Fox's Cycles. That would be one sh*t hot team though- Bof, Finn, Euan, the Diggler himself ...and the race jersey's would rock. All we need now is the backing of a major name in bikes and an energy drink and we've cracked it. Although rumour has it that Bof's already been approached by Sanatogen Tonic Wine/ Saltafoss....better get your skates on!

Werther's original and Greenwoods clothing stores were keen to get Bof.

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Once again a great days racing today lads. The track is a bit of a funny one especially the last berm thing but I liked the start hill and the first straight. :daumenhoch:  I also like it better when they mix up the riders in the motos, I don't know why they didn't do that today, maybe they need a computer  :-\  

Very eventful final today as well, Big crash by Al on the start hill after a big snap out of the gate,left us all for dead, then his chain went AWOL, too much power obviously, hope you're not too bruised mate :daumenhoch: . I think I hunted Si down on that last straight and stretched my neck out
a la Lighting McQueen in Cars, but we will have to wait for the official results  ;)  I think there still checking the photo.  Good racing mate  :daumenhoch:

Roll on the next one, whenever that is.

THIRSTYKIRSTY

well wat a day i really enjoyed racin me cruiser again,,,,,,,NOT

just aint the same anymore ,,,to be honest i missed you guys,,,all the bannter about fudgin in services eh guys,,then dubber turns up with white stained pants on

ah well lets hope i find something more suitable for next 1 guys

later old fools

russ :-* :-* :-*

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Today was wicked...!!!  :daumenhoch:

Not just because the Old Skool Northwern crew are a fantastic bunch.. who have such a laugh and really enjoy the racing.

BUT

Today my little girl took part in her first BMX race....  8) I had to go stand on my own and watch her as she first rolled down the start hill at coppull.... I didn't want the 'Lads' giggling at the tear in my eye as I was overcome with proudness...  :coolsmiley:

She is only 11... and was grouped with the 3 other girls nearest her age... Two Girls aged 13 and one girl aged 17!!!

But she did her best, stayed on her bike.... and took four 4th places and a fourth in the FINAL...  :4_17_5: :4_17_5:

Well Done Beth...  :daumenhoch: and thanks to all the lads from the Old Skool who gave her words of encoragement and spurred her on... she can't wait for Preston..  :D

I have a few pics which I will post up later..  :daumenhoch:

Offline R Al

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
FOOK lads Im sore  :'(
Even strong painkillers and copious amounts of alcohol aint shifting it
But roll on the next one it was a blast as usual hope i dont crash though  :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Coppull (Round 1) 31st August - North Region Winter Series Riders List

gfxgfx
gfx gfx