gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 10:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Rickman Freestyler Sticker Application
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rickman Freestyler Sticker Application  (Read 1277 times)

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Rickman Freestyler Sticker Application
« on: August 15, 2008, 12:03 PM »
Okay, this is maybe gonna sound a bit obsessive...
On the Rickman freestyler handlebars, does anyone know if the wee freestyler sticker (the same as the ones on the forks) goes on the right hand side or the left hand side of the upright part of the bars, looking from the front?
I'm thinking right, but I'm not sure and don't have any old pics.

Also, where would I get two wee union jack stickers for the downtube before the (gt performer type) bend?

Thanks in advance,
Brian.

jonnydiezel

Re: Rickman Freestyler Sticker Application
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 08:22 PM »
I can help with a pic of the handlebars mine have original decals, see pic

(Also note they say Freestyle, not Freestyler. I can take a close up pic if you need one.

Do you have a source for 'close to original' frame decals?
Im thinking about replacing the ones of the frame as they are a bit tatty.

I took the union jack stickers off this frame as they are they are made of paper not vinyl and get tatty very quickly.

Cheers, Jon.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 12:01 PM by jonnydiezel »

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 02:44 PM »
Nice One Jon, that's looking real nice.

Cheers for the info, this is mine, back from the powdercoaters on Friday and all stickered up:
(yeah ur right, it says freestyle, not freestyler ;))

I bought these stickers off a guy on ebay a real long time ago, don't think he's even registered now. :(

Brian  :daumenhoch:

jonnydiezel

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 08:32 AM »
That looks sweet! I wouldn't bother with the union jack stickers I think it looks perfect as it is.
Are you going for Rickman traditional blue and white colour scheme or going with something different?

My rickman above is one I bought off ebay this year and Ive trying to get it to look close to one I had in Xmas 84, it getting pretty close now although some of the parts I had then like vector bars and mx1000 brakes cost an arm and a leg now. Around 85 I had it resprayed flour green to look like the new haro master, I'm thinking about doing the same with this one but as it survived so well sitting in someones shed for 25+ years dont think I could bring myself to do it :-)

Cheers, Jon.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Rickman Freestyler Sticker Application

gfxgfx
gfx gfx