gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:43 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New school V's Old School
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New school V's Old School  (Read 339 times)

mr.magoo

New school V's Old School
« on: August 08, 2008, 09:33 PM »
having only recently got back into BMX, and still riding old school, keep hearing about how different new school bikes are, better to ride/handle etc etc, have tried a couple and apart from everything being set up lower, like bars and seats, didn't feel that differnt to me. Have also had a go on Wolfy's cruiser. can totally see the difference between Nu and old in 24".
Question is what is so different in  terms of riding them? and what would be recomended for an eight year old, and something fairly cheap/affordable if i wanted to try my hand at new school for a couple of races for a laugh? Same question for 24", cos looking forward to next year and wandering where i want to focus, as old school is starting to get expensive trying to upgrade a cheap start off build to something almost competitive that i feel comfortable on?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: New school V's Old School
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 11:50 PM »
Generally speaking, the geometry has been fettled over the years and the dimensions have changed.  Modern bikes are roomier overall and in my opinion anyways, they seem to fly better, flatter in the air.

And for sure they are stronger.   :)

Arma

Re: New school V's Old School
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 12:45 AM »
old skool bikes are like a piece of crap to ride  but nice to look at and new skool bikes are a dream to ride but still nice to look at!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New school V's Old School

gfxgfx
gfx gfx