gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 07:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  SOUTHSEA SKATEPARK REUNION 08 THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SOUTHSEA SKATEPARK REUNION 08 THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1935 times)

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
southsea skatepark reunion weekend is on the 16th & 17th of august this year, to celebrate 30 years of the park being open

no confirmed opening times or prices as of yet but i will post them as soon as i know

directions to the park are here

http://www.southseaskatepark.com/directions.html

if you are coming for the whole weekend then below is a link to b&b's in southsea

http://www.hotels.inportsmouth.co.uk/

if you want a hotel then see the link below

http://www.booking.com/city/gb/portsmouth.html?aid=303948;label=portsmouth

try and book as soon as possible as they tend to get quite full in august, also most of southsea is either residents parking, pay and display or short stay only (3hours) so if you can book a b&b which has parking the better

if you prefer to camp then here is the nearest campsite

http://www.southsealeisurepark.com/

also the southsea nightlife has changed, there are no longer any clubs on the seafront they have all moved to guildhall square, chaos has moved from the pier to the wedgewood rooms and unfortunatly it isnt on every weekend like it used to be, i will try and find out if it is open on sat the 16th and post up a link to buy tickets online if it is

any questions then just ask away and ill do my best to answer them or find out for you from old man kev and effraim

if you havent been before and would like to check out what the park is like see the link below

http://www.southseaskatepark.com/parkinfo.html

i hope to see you all there :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

UPDATE:

ENTRANCE FEE WILL BE £5 PER DAY, OPENING TIMES ARE FROM 10AM TILL 6PM WHICH MAKES IT A BARGIN AS ITS NORMALLY £5 FROM 12 TILL 6PM

THERE WILL BE MUSIC AND MAYBE A BBQ

JOHN THURSTON HAS BEEN INVITED AND IM SURE HE WILL COME ALONG

HELMETS MUST BE WORN, THE PARK HAS A FEW HELMETS FOR HIRE FOR A SMALL FEE PLUS A SECURITY DEPOSIT IE MOBILE PHONE ETC...  BUT THESE WILL PROBERBLY GO QUICKLY SO DONT FORGET YOURS

UNFORTUNATLY CHAOS IS NOT ON THAT WEEKEND AS ITS HIPSHAKERS 10TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION AT THE WEDGEWOOD ROOMS
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 08:46 AM by kev s »

og zima

Re: SOUTHSEA SKATEPARK REUNION 08 16TH & 17TH OF AUGUST!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 12:01 AM »
THAT PLACE SHOULD NEVER BE FILLED IN, I SPENT MY LIFE THERE BETWEEN THE AGE OF 15-17 IT WAS THE NUTS, RIDING WITH MARK LIKLEY, CARL WESTFEILD N ALL THE SOUTHSEA LOCALS. WHEN JOHN THURSTON RAN THE PLACE IT WAS SO GOOD; THE OLD POOL SECTION WAS AMAZING, PROPER COPING TO PING OFF. IT A SHAME THAT IT GETS  DISSED, THE ROLLER RINK AINT THE SAME, ITS THE X GAMES :crazy2:

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: SOUTHSEA SKATEPARK REUNION 08 16TH & 17TH OF AUGUST!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 05:03 AM »
ahh the days of john thurston, that brings back some memories, back then we had a air compressor, tools and a welder which came in  handy for repairing the vert and peoples frames :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

come down for the reunion weekend and check out the park and ur prob meet some old faces/friends :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 04:36 PM by kev s »

abmxburke

cool i had some good times down there frow 90- 97 for the koc comps will try and get down :crazy2:

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
cool  8) my first koc was 92 and went to everyone after that, even when one koc weekend i suspected i had apendicitis i didnt go to hospital till sun night so i didnt miss anything and it turned out i was right!!!

hope you can make it, it should be a great weekend and will help raise some much needed money for the park :daumenhoch:

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: SOUTHSEA SKATEPARK REUNION 08 THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 08:47 AM »
BTTT

nosepickben

cool i had some good times down there frow 90- 97 for the koc comps will try and get down :crazy2:

Andy Burke, LEGEND.   :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  SOUTHSEA SKATEPARK REUNION 08 THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx