gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 01:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  2009 haro gen 1 freestyler
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2009 haro gen 1 freestyler  (Read 4005 times)

Broggie

Re: 2009 haro gen 1 freestyler
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 07:36 AM »
I guess you dont like it then  :2funny:

Ray.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 07:39 AM »
Why are everybody throwing their toys out of the pram....Sure I can understand that it isnt exactly the same as a Gen 1 (I know memories mean a lot guys), and the fairly rubbish parts fitted dont help..but given a little faith and imagination it can be a lot better than it is...

The lack of a frame/forks option will probably kill it more than anything.

Ray.

but the money they want for it is to much, you could buy a bmx for that amount of money

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 07:40 AM »
i think it'll look pretty cool once you've changed some of the parts on it......i shall reserve judgement till i see the finished article  :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 08:17 AM »
If it's still as sh1t as the pictures we last saw of it I'm glad I'm not a haro dealer.  :LolLolLolLol:

I think most people will now wait until a said dealer on Canvey Island buy all the unsold stock in a years time and sells them for £89 a go like the Sport fiasco.  :LolLolLolLol:

i agree its not spectacular as its a pr stunt but you wish you were a haro and premium products dealer and not db dealer when you see the 09 range for pricing and specs sunny :idiot2:

I don't actually because I'm an S&M, FIT, United and FBM dealer.   :LolLolLolLol:

I'm still going to race your old Haro next year though.  ;D ;D

Oh my god I've just seen the pictures of it.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

halfords turbo

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2008, 10:41 AM »
I'm waiting for the Halfords turbo re issue

NOW WE'RE TALKING!!!  ;D

Now don't be so rude   ;D what was wrong with the Halfords turbo......... :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 11:18 AM »
ffs.

halfords turbo

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 12:04 PM »
NO I didn't just have  the Frame & Fork Set I had  the whole dam bike... ;D

I also had a real HARO  :daumenhoch:

sweetbeats

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2008, 12:44 PM »
I though it was a piss take at first...can't see the point of all these reissues...in my mind it is just silver pipes with haro stickers on...oh and crap parts.
The past has gone that's why we love it...what ever next SE Racing reissue the PK Ripper back catalogue :D zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

RADHAB

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2008, 03:24 PM »
I'll probably end up regretting this but i'd rather buy a remake of the DP sh1tstyler than that!

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2008, 03:56 PM »
steve...tell em all....

you had a dp freestyler didnt you.

lol

Dave
haro, how do you do

DR VINOAH

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2008, 01:15 PM »
another icon
with the soul sucked out of it

satans work i say

magna13

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2008, 02:20 PM »
Retail is supposed to be $600 USD for the complete. No frame/fork option.

I'll buy one and have it powdercoated green 85 decals and ride the crap out of it!

Only cool thing about it is the twin top tubes....
most likely what i would do  :-\ :-\

skids

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2008, 11:51 AM »
Ive seen this bastard creation before,and it still looks hidious.
like said before.......do what Skyway done, an exact replica would sell like hot-cakes!
fooking idiots at Haro............
like Yoda says.......................Do,..or do not.   There is no Try!
.............Skids

RADHAB

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2008, 12:25 PM »
steve...tell em all....

you had a dp freestyler didnt you.

lol

Dave

Cant remember :-[

clonerz

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2008, 09:45 PM »
Spoke to the guy who works at haro distributors  today. Just so as you know, he reckons the retail is going to be £699, sounds wrong to me, but thats what he reckons. If so, it looks like there will be lots unsold, it's too much.

magna13

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2008, 10:53 PM »
Spoke to the guy who works at haro distributors  today. Just so as you know, he reckons the retail is going to be £699, sounds wrong to me, but thats what he reckons. If so, it looks like there will be lots unsold, it's too much.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: No hope!

:daumenhoch:
looks like ebay are going to have a 'feild-day' and sell them all of at £89 a pop!.........  ::) ::)

sonic-1

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2008, 11:53 PM »
roll on a years time when they go for under £100 might buy a couple then

Broggie

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 08:11 AM »
£699  :2funny:

Look Haro, it aint a proper Gen 1, or even near  :2gunsfiring_v1:

You just know there's gonna be lots unsold, so many of these companies completely fook up when it comes to our memories.  For the, ahem, older ones amongst us, the Raleigh chopper Mk3 was one of the biggest pieces of shit ever to see the light of day.
We all know that old school bikes arent always particularly strong, but we cut our teeth on them and woe betide anyone who tries to diss our memories.  Haro, now look, this is a turd but we can possibly do something with it, well once its down to the frame and forks anyway.

For example, if the 2006 old school sport was built as a serious bmx bike, it failed dismally.  However, taking into account what I said earlier about os bikes not always being the strongest things on the planet it fits right in.  Its not often that I will come out in defence of a turd, but I dont think the 2006 sport was that bad a bike, if it was used for cruising and generally messing around on.  :knuppel2: arguably good looking and not difficult to improve, the cut price sport made good sense for both the financially challenged old schooler and those who didnt want to wreck the genuine article.

When the retro gen 1 finally gets out the door...yes it will be shit...and when Haro gives up and lets most of them go for peanuts....We'll buy them up and show them what they should have done in the first place.

Though the retro gen 1 may be in its current guise an insult to peoples memories...when it does become cheap (and it will) you can buy em, build em give em to your kids (or just the kid in you) and make even more memories....

After all isnt that what life, and bmx is all about.

Ray.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  2009 haro gen 1 freestyler

gfxgfx
gfx gfx