gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 12:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  One to keep an eye on?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: One to keep an eye on?  (Read 992 times)

mr.magoo

One to keep an eye on?
« on: August 07, 2008, 12:46 PM »
Just been over to Fowlmead, nr Deal, speaking to a guy there, while hiring the missus a mtb, he says they have plans to spend 80K-100K at some point in the next 18months to build a national level BMX track, as apossed to the "bmx" track they currently have there, which he admits is more designed around 4X.......

Sounds good to me, but is it too good to be true??

thecrooch

Re: One to keep an eye on?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 01:47 PM »
doubt it would be national level for that amount - didnt Herne bay cost like 4 times that???

a new tracks a new track though.... its all good.

oldskoolsux

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 04:14 PM »
doubt it would be national level for that amount - didnt Herne bay cost like 4 times that???

Err no, Herne Bay track cost a lot less than that! The whole broomfield woodland park project costs around £200k, but definatly not the track.

thecrooch

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 04:17 PM »
cool - i stand corrected....

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 05:05 PM »
The new track at Blackwater, Cornwall cost £80k so the figure seems reasonable if it includes Planning Permission, plant hire, etc.  Keep us posted Neil.  Humps

wolfybmx

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 05:36 PM »
Just been over to Fowlmead, nr Deal, speaking to a guy there, while hiring the missus a mtb, he says they have plans to spend 80K-100K at some point in the next 18months to build a national level BMX track, as apossed to the "bmx" track they currently have there, which he admits is more designed around 4X.......

Sounds good to me, but is it too good to be true??

they've been saying this for over 2 years now.....................................watch that space that has been ear marked for an adventure playground

mr.magoo

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 06:32 PM »
don,t get over there too much, but missus likes it to walk the dog, and today we hired an mtb with kiddie seat on the back for her while me and the older ones rode our bmx's, 6 miles in torrential rain!!!! loaded car up ... sun came out.

Maybe i'll make the effort to go in the visitor centre more often and keep posted with any further news, like wolfy says, probably too good to be true, but would be nice, the more tracks, the more frequent races.....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  One to keep an eye on?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx