gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 10:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  SHANAZE READE REDLINE link
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SHANAZE READE REDLINE link  (Read 3378 times)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: SHANAZE READE REDLINE link
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2008, 03:35 PM »
Don`t Team GB design the velodrome bikes as well, I have to say they don`t do a bad job there, and I like the bike anyway  :daumenhoch:

Well done to the women road racer who got gold today, lets hope it`s the first of many  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

dialledbikes

Re: SHANAZE READE REDLINE link
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2008, 10:19 PM »
On a side note, how much would it cost to develop and build a bike like this Mike?

On Shanaze's bike it's only the saddle and forks that seem to be non-standard items and everything else could probably be bought off the shelf.

It could cost anything from a couple of grand to hundreds of grand to design everything from the gound up depending how much a company wants to overegg it and how much money they want (rather than need) to spend.

It's ironic that the rider who needs it least has the most hyped bike and it'll be interesting to see if any of the male riders have any special equipment at the Games (e.g. will Mike Day ride the much hyped carbon GT Ultrabox 2 or will he ride the "lesser model" Ultrabox 1?).

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  SHANAZE READE REDLINE link

gfxgfx
gfx gfx