gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Recommend me a bike and a few questions.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Recommend me a bike and a few questions.  (Read 1056 times)

Linus27

Recommend me a bike and a few questions.
« on: August 04, 2008, 10:43 AM »
I want to get back into BMX after being away for 25 years away  :shocked: but it looks like I can't afford the old skool bike just. So it looks like I will have to settle for a newer bike. I mostly want a bike to muck about with my son doing dirt jumps and maybe some street/skatepark.

I guess my budget is around £150 - £200. Can anyone recommend anything that would suit my needs and be half decent?? I guess secondhand would be my best bet unless I can get something decent new for that price.

Also, being an adult of 5' 9", I guess I would want 20" wheels and 20" frame?? Is this correct??

Thanks for any help and advice.

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: Recommend me a bike and a few questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 10:52 AM »
 :) Not wishing to pi** on your chips,but you`re probably best off asking on here for something used.You`ll get a much better bike than a new one in the same price range.Also think you`d need a frame with a 20.75 upwards toptube.There have been a few bikes for sale on RAD recently from as little as £60,need a few parts or some work but well worth it.

Linus27

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 11:02 AM »
Yeah I was beginning to think that used is going to be my best bet. Any idea on what makes or models would be good just so I know what sort of thing I am looking for??

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 11:30 AM »
 :) Could go on forever! S&M,Fit,Fly,Proper,Federal,WeThePeople,Standard,Hoffman,Macneil,Mutiny,Redline,SE Racing,Haro....

JT71

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 11:45 AM »
good idea would be to try some bikes.

get to a novice or a rad members night, dunno when the next one will be and just blag goes on bikes.

I got a colony endeavour, if you are ever in Cov feel free to ask for a go.  :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 12:48 PM »
For a £200 budget you'll find something decent on here. Stick a thread up in the wanted section and people will muck in with parts and stuff.  If you can't be arsed with all that, most of the complete bikes from the reputable brands are half decent these days - certainly good enough to get you started  :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 01:02 PM »
i just picked up a mirraco intro for £150, its sweet, nice parts, real uptoo date  :4_17_5:

Linus27

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 03:47 PM »
At the moment, the two on my list are,

Hoffman Rhythm IL1
Haro F4

Might go and look at the Haro this week if I get the chance.

Stella Dave

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 06:53 PM »
I would deffo go 2nd hand! I got my DK Four Pack off Zed on here but you have to be patient for the right bike to come along.

Bushwacked

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 02:04 PM »
I'd second getting something used, mine was about that budget and rocks - much better than bikes I tried which were in that budget or more. I also have scuffed it up more than when I got it already so I think if I'd bought new it would look used alreay.

Linus27

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 02:31 PM »
Thanks for all your help everyone. A big thanks also to Heywood BMX who has really taught me a lot over the last few days and things to look for and avoid.

I have decided to go for one of these. Its a Kuwahara Bravo 3.

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 03:31 PM »
 No probs dude :daumenhoch:

Just don`t wanna see you go to Halfrauds and buy a BOTR 01 Diamondback for £300 after being told "All the pros use these." 

Linus27

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 03:35 PM »
No probs dude :daumenhoch:

Just don`t wanna see you go to Halfrauds and buy a BOTR 01 Diamondback for £300 after being told "All the pros use these." 

HAHA yeah I try to avoid Halfrauds as much as possible  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Recommend me a bike and a few questions.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx