gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 11:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Just back from MK.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Just back from MK.  (Read 3534 times)

BMX 151T

Re: Just back from MK.
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2008, 09:45 PM »
What a top day out, really friendly bunch of people - spent most of the day chasing my 4yr old on his Mongoose and my 18mth old trying to climb over the fence onto the track!! so didn't get a chance to speak to many people. Absoultely loved the black & white mini Firebird Freestyler!!

I don't know who's the 2 dogs were opposite the haro stand but my 18mth old spent more time looking at them than the bikes!!

etriedes

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2008, 09:54 PM »
What a fantastic weekend,  met some cool people, went for a great ride with sawzall and animal on sat night round the lake and then a blast round the track in the pitch dark, then sunday morning got to meet lewis hamilton dressed as a copper pretending to be luke skywalker ..
Top weekend  :daumenhoch:

eloopnai

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2008, 10:02 PM »
fantastic weekend really enjoyed everything  :4_17_5:

met loads of rad members  :daumenhoch:
haro 82 thanks for the nipples u sure you dont want anything for them ? your a star  :4_17_5: and well done on getting 8th :daumenhoch:
kuwahero nice to meet you and see you at the brits  :daumenhoch:
firebird good to finally meet you after chatting on here  :daumenhoch:

gotta say when i let ratty ride my bike round the track ive never seen someone look so happy wont be long tone and your be back  :daumenhoch:

cant wait for the next one well done everyone that made this happen :4_17_5:

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2008, 10:03 PM »
It was just awesome from start to finish and im gutted its over. Really well organised event with a great group of people. Hats off to all who turned up, everyone was smiling from ear to ear all weekend. Hats off to the Rad guys and mods  :daumenhoch:

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2008, 10:22 PM »
what a cracking weekend, great to see everyone again and meet all those who I met in person for the first time... there's just too many to name!! A massive thanks to the MK08 organisers! now I'm on a down for another 51 weeks!

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2008, 10:30 PM »
twas a good doo for sure ,thanks to all who made the effort to come along and enjoy the weekend. I thouroughly enjoyed most of yours company, great to have a chat to some new and old faces, Great to spend a bit of time with the RAD crew.
Really enjoyed our friday night fire session , with the £2.40 fire in a bag suedo logs  ;D Scott nice on for the company and help packing up you 3 were stars  :daumenhoch: The sambuca session was messy  :D

The most embarasing moment for me was over in the helipad feild , in  front of Animal i went to skid to a stop to have a chat and as the pad is so slippy went for a burton and stacked it right in front of them , it hurt a bit , but had to do the old i'm fine routine, funny as you like.

some stupid people about thats for sure , nicking deisel from jennys and setting up Dwain with a copper visiting in the morning, uncalled for .

Good to chat to the manchester crew , JT ,Fish and Craig ,but whoever you brought over to the fire made made me chuckle for sure  ::)

Pleased to get a show and shine place for the Floval ,proper chuffed.

Hope you liked the sounds, thanks to my co DJs ,Steve V,Rich Dirty Vans and Matt and Andy downlow, good to see you and top tunes all of you

Rich

adam01

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2008, 10:38 PM »
sounds like a magnificent day had by all and great builds any pictures at all from the day

AD

magna13

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2008, 10:48 PM »
It Was An Excellent Weekend. I Loved It!  :smitten: I Met Some Wonderful And Nice People And Got To Talk To Some That I Havent Seen In A Year. The Two Who I Really Wanted To Meet Were MADD DOGG And poolysheriff. You Guys Were Ace!, Except For Gary You Nicked My Orange Freestyle Frame I Was Gonna Get  :LolLolLolLol:

Well Done To All The People Who Helped MK08 To Become A Reality. Really Pleased With My DC Shirts And 1st Place Plate I Won From Racing.

Everyone On This Site Has One Thing In Common... They're All Truley RAD!...  ;)

Lazarou

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2008, 10:58 PM »
I'm still buzzing now! Brilliant to catch up with so many old friends and to put new faces to names such as Del,Bigplinky,Longun,the list is too big!!

Second place in the S&S really chuffed!

Thanks to everyone who helped me with my build! In no particular order...

Dan H for parts,inspiration and moral support.

Philbert for slinging the wrenches and pretty much being my bike butler/bitch.

Dingo for sourcing some hard to get parts and sound advice.

Twobob for saving the day today with his level head!

S&MAlex for coming through in the midnight hour with some urgently needed bits and years of inspiration!

JT71 for helping 'the competition' sort his build out! A true Radster!

Ozrick for the cable, soothing presence and sympathetic ear!

Lara for inspiring me to get on the track and supplying me with ice pops! You rule!

...and last and by all means least, the mighty Scary Leary, highlight of my weekend to finally catch up with the man himself!

Missed Trev, Rhys, Fruit  :'(, didn't get to see Ratty/Nik, SBD, and many others but there'll be many more times to catch up!

...and obviously the biggest thanks to Dave,Dave,Billy,Rich,Matt,Bob,Nick,Rob for making it all happen.

I'm feeling.......emotional.

:smitten:

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 09:04 PM by Lazarou »

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2008, 11:32 PM »
had a great weekend. nice to meet all you new faces, even though i've been chatting with you all on here. good to see the same old ugly mugs too. The level of bikes there was top notch, the atmosphere was awsome, the racing was from bof shooting off to nick(gashead) the slightley less quick :LolLolLolLol: had a great time talking to rob, top bloke and the bald bmxer, top bloke also. scary "in and out quick" leary was here for such a short time, i wasn't sure i'd just imagined he was on sunday :D
thanks to the guys for organising it :4_17_5:
it's wierd seeing your old bikes given a re-vamp.
 i'm not sure what got photographed more, my bikes or my dogs :LolLolLolLol: well they are top snuffel pigs.
i hope we get a good turn out at the x-mas do too.
ding dong

scary_leary

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2008, 12:00 AM »
Yep John i was in stealth mode..in n out.. least you 2 could get some hardcore shaggin done without me being some Barry George wannabe wankin in the next room!

I wondered back pissed, crashed out in me car, woke up wedged in the rear footwells!!

Pissed off i didnt chat to Bof n Dubbs

and yep it was great to meet Laz after 6years of online chatting..A truely great bloke in this hobby.

Also like to thank kdw Kev, Neil region11 and Sandro for making me more than welcome round their bbq (even though that chicken pitter gave me the shitts)

p,s In all the years ive been coming to meets, it was the first time ive witnessed bad vibes...some guy came out with some shit talk round 2bobs fire!

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2008, 12:08 AM »
Man I was fast  :LolLolLolLol:

magna13

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2008, 12:12 AM »
 ::), no i cant take the piss, its not my nature. well done Nick, you gave it your best shot! and thats all you can do matey :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

magna13

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2008, 12:13 AM »
has anybody got any photos of me that they have downloaded, would really love to see them!!... im no. 37 ;)

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2008, 05:48 AM »
great weekend and yep top bikes and top music as well  ,thanks to retro for the salad and relish , dirty vans  for tiny bit of sauce ,all the usual crew neal ,bob,rich ,sawzall ,kdw,chris,jay ,bren,dandare,diesel ,san marco,mark j (nice collection i see you like the same bike as me ) monkey biscuits  ,lee (hope you like the trophy)  and both daves ,billy and lots  more people that i most probably forgot.
cheers matt for the m1 tunnel rave as that was mad as hell .
scary leary sorry did not talk long will have to make up for it next year bring the wife  ;)

only down was have to leave and getting a poxy sticky fuel pump on way home in traffic great >:(
cheers paul

« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 05:55 AM by stuntmaster »
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2008, 06:01 AM »
even though that chicken pitter gave me the shitts

:LolLolLolLol:

my bad  :(
the next stage of cooking was full cremation though  :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah top flipping weekend of BMX bbq and beer
catching up and putting names with faces

disappointed not to make the A final .......  >:D

same time next year please  :daumenhoch:

cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

antiquebmx

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2008, 08:53 AM »
Great weekend really enjoyed the racing,  and of course the great builds in S&S

Big thanks to all Rad organisers who made it possible

cheers

paul

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2008, 09:26 AM »
Sound as a pound weekend :4_17_5: :Great_Britain:

Enjoyed the atmos, the sounds, the displays, the racin, lots of goodies to buy, and just generally meeting peeps, without listing you all, you know who you are ;)  ;) Also not forgetting the support from the MK track, first aiders, sponsors and of course all rad members :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

And goes without saying, but I will anyway, to all those involved in organising the event, (haven't put names for fear of missing someone) in putting their time, money and effort to making this a great event......it must take a serious amount of dedication, a big big thankyou :4_17_5:

Hope everyone is ok and you all had a good time.

Paul :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 09:30 AM by aerostylie »
Vans Style

mark 2

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2008, 09:43 AM »
I had such a blast..........huge thanks to everyone who made it my highlight of the year, was a real pleasure to spend time with all of you that I did and see you all in 3D. Missed a few on my hit list who I wanted to meet but we'll do it all again soon, wish it was next weekend........ I had a right good laugh and your all to blame

:LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2008, 09:59 AM »
Man, what a weekend. I have been in a right mess of excitement for 3 days straight. Im not sure it has done me any good to have the massive physical exertion of riding round the WHOLE track several times, combined with the lack of sleep and the emotional overloads of the last few days.

Here’s some of the things that are sticking with me:

Spending some time with the crew I was with. Laz, Phil, General Lee, 2Bob, Lara. All of you are fine people and I would have had a great weekend with any one of you. The Laz and 2Bob show is why I didn’t get to sleep any earlier. I didn’t want to miss a thing.

Having such a good time on my bike. Riding the back straight on Sat evening with Phil was great. Always a pleasure to ride with CBCL. Riding the track on Sunday with James Hitchcox. Anyone who knows the riding James does and the Company he rides for will know how surreal it was for me and him to be sessioning a track together. I enjoyed racing so much. I managed to stay upright for all 6 races and carried out my prime objective of jumping everything I could and throwing in some skids along the way. I had one race that was the best so far. Proper elbows with Dingo, who I managed to bluff my way past, and then Cotty (I think) who had non of it, and beat be back like the amateur I am. I almost hugged him when we crossed the line, it was so much fun.

Getting told off by stodgy for not cleaning my red challenger, for the second year running. I know it was in the show n shine but Jedi wanted to ride on the track so I had to let him have a go on it. I only bought it with me cos I realised the other bikes I had were all chrome, and I hate chrome!

Doing some pit stop bike work with 2Bob. It was like working with a master (who kept telling me off for using the adjustable spanner the wrong way round). Nice and steady, one thing at a time, till the problem was solved. –thanks.

Lara racing for the first time. Full props to you for getting up there. And for throwing the sXe salute on the start gate before the last race. Loved it!

Seeing 2Bob and Laz on the track. I don’t see them riding enough and the smiles from them spoke volumes. Rob was even nailing some of the double and triple sets. Not bad for his first time on a BMX track!!

At the end of the Sunday we didn’t want it to end. Our small crew stood at the burger van (the tables had been packed away) drinking tea (they had to refill the earn for us), just to try and extend the weekend a little further. Even the rain just made us move to the S&S tent. Finally, when they took the tent down around us we admitted defeat and called the weekend over. On the way home I phoned General Lee to string things out. He didn’t even ask why I was called, he just carried on talking about bikes like we were still track side.

Thanks for everyone for organizing the event. I met loads more RAD users (some Im still not sure who they were), and caught up with loads I already know. Always a pleasure.

I can say nothing bad about the weekend. Top time had.

downhill3375

« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2008, 01:49 PM »

Good to chat to the manchester crew , JT ,Fish and Craig ,but whoever you brought over to the fire made made me chuckle for sure  ::)

twas good of you to let us messy lot join you and sir matt around your fire at such a late hour    ;)

the guy who made us all chuckle i think , is master ade ( keep it lit ) he was off his nut but funny as fook  :coolsmiley:

some awsome bikes and peeps , i can't wait for next year  ::)

really enjoyed it all , thanks to all the organisers  :4_17_5: another top doo

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2008, 01:59 PM »
was that keep it lit , lol easy fella , fook me you were  funny as fook . Nice to put a face to a name  :daumenhoch:

and your welcome fish , the company was welcome round our fire that JT put out with his wet twigs lol, that thing smouldered till 12 the next day and we left JTs woodland collection for next year lol

2020mad

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2008, 02:00 PM »
Top weekend, just finished unpacking my car  :shocked:, Got to say great work by all the organisers again this year had a brillient time again. enjoyed the vibe of the whole weekend, shame a few people did not come. but everyone who i met and spoke to i had a right laugh.
Thanks all  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2008, 03:33 PM »
This weekend was the best weekend Ive had on a long long time... so many highlights -
so here's a list

JT71 and his crowd - pleasure drinking cider with you all afternoon and selling you most of my stuff... and then buying stuff from you!

Dan Harris - your tent was the main hang out area - and your mrs is so cool - she even took over selling my stuff for me when it was race time!

Gary PoolySherriff and Dwain Dibbly - so cool to drink with you - dwain you are hilarious, great bikes too, and Gary - what can I say? you are a diamond.

Se Bmxer Jai - thanks for the frame- your stall was dangerous - Shiner goodies from yesteryear!

Dave and Billy and all the Rad team - this was a top weekend, you should be very very proud.

Waxin - amazing diplay mate!

Lee - stop it now. You have too many perfect bikes! Love it.

TwoBobRob, Laz and co - I laughed til I felt sick around your campfire. You rule.

Southbank Scott - Loved your old Torker being pulled out of your mums loft and brought there - all rust and abuse - I love that bike, one pf my faves of the weekend. My other faves were Harris Dirt Bros and Sawzalls sidehack... and one other.. more on that in a mo.
Monkey Biscuits, Gashead, Lil Gashead, Ratty and Mrs Ratty , Del, Ron Burgundy, Mad Dog, MotomagII, Firebird, SteveP, Kuwahero, Bananaman, Philbert, Sawzall, and everyone else I met for the first time, it was a pleasure, so nice to make new friends.

Last but not least - S&MAlex - top man as ever to hang out with, i think I actually love you. Great laughs, and a bit of cleaning up in the mid schol section between us!
My total fave bike of the whole show, was Alex's S&M Mad Dog - and was an honour to see it - and really would have loved it to win its category. Instead, some cnut from the telly got the trophy. Celebrities eh? Tw@ts. all of em.

In all seriousness - top weekend... a year cant pass quickly enough now!
steve

My other fave bikes

« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 10:42 PM by generallee »

SaMAlex

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2008, 03:44 PM »
S&MAlex - top man as ever to hang out with, i think I actually love you.

I wish you had told me that BEFORE I got in the tent with you  :shocked:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Just back from MK.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx