gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 11:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  how much time
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: how much time  (Read 1004 times)

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
how much time
« on: August 26, 2008, 07:25 PM »
evening everyone,i bought a f+f from a bloke in america through ebay nearly 4 weeks ago now and still no show.Emailed him politely last week to ask for a tracking number for the parcel but now reply as of yet,he has 100% feedback so im a bit unsure of my next step,having already bought stuff from america thats turned up within 10 days,am i slightly panicking over nothing or have i been rolled over,thanks
negativity is for chumps,positivity is for champs

dj_benice

Re: how much time
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 07:36 PM »
what shipping did you pay for, if they sent it surface could be 6 weeks and beyond...

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 07:39 PM »
hi,i paid $105,so at the time it was about 60 quid

dj_benice

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 07:48 PM »
Sounds like surface mail money to me, double check with the seller but sounds too cheap for airmail ???

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 07:50 PM »

sounds about right for a f&f. give it a couple more days, if it dont show send him a poo in a box

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 07:51 PM »
ive waited 4 months before for surface mail. always best to insist on airmail buddy it will get a bit worrying but ive always received everything from overseasits this country that the post is plop.lol

dj_benice

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 07:54 PM »

sounds about right for a f&f. give it a couple more days, if it dont show send him a poo in a box

If I get any unexpected parcels hailing from your neck of the woods they getting signed over as return to sender immediately!!!

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 07:57 PM »
the poo in a box thing has tickled me,but to be honest lads its the no reply to my email thats caused the concern

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 07:59 PM »
Sounds like surface mail money to me, double check with the seller but sounds too cheap for airmail ???

No way that is surface mail for a frame and forks.  I have just bought a frame and forks from the US and I paid £40 USPS Air mail (5-10 day delivery).

electro808

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 11:25 PM »
I'm sure USPS abandoned their surface mail service last year.  I used to use it for shiping complete bikes here, it was cheap but very slow - $80 to ship a bike here but it would take between 6 to 8 weeks to get here.  The last complete bike I bought was shipped Airmail because Surface mail was no longer available.  Airmail should take around 2 weeks to get here but if it incurs duty, you can expect to wait a while longer.

It could be held up in customs, I suppose.

He should reply to your emails unless he is 'on vacation'  If he has any other auctions running at the moment - get a mate to ask him a question re one of his other auctions.  If he replies to your mates emails, you could assume that he is deliberately ignoring your emails :-\

Offline ORANGEZIPPY

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 12:20 AM »
i'd hang loose a little longer before panicing,

you still have weeks before you loose the right to make a paypal claim,

give it another 2 weeks, and it will prob be there before you know it

all the best

:daumenhoch:

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 08:58 AM »
Took me 5 months to get a HLT last year......always check paypal your claim exprity date, regardless of what the seller says make a claim if it aint showed before the claim date expires ;)

moley

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 09:49 AM »
I'd wait a little longer!!

If he doesn't reply then contact paypal and start proceedings.

On the comments for dispute put that its been ? weeks since the item was bought but it could take longer depending on what shipping methods the seller used.

And state the only reason you are starting this dispute is that you are trying to discern whether the item has gone missing or is just in transit due to a slow method of delivery.

Tell paypal that all you want is the delivery details and the seller refuses to respond to your requests which is a perfectly reasonable request considering the goods have not arrived and the seller doesn't respond to your emails!!

Paypal will then contact the guy for his response.    As this is only the inquiry stage of the proceedings you can then escalate the claim if need be.   But you should get an answer.

Before you do this, Email the seller again stating that you want the delivery details.  Slow boat, surface, air mail, husky driven sledge over the North pole etc, etc. And state, If he doesn't respond to the email you will have to start paypal proceedings because any respectable seller would respond to his emails because asking for delivery details is not an unreasonable request.

Please remember 4 weeks is a short period of time.  I have waited far longer.  Also I have never been ripped off by the Yanks (Yet).  If he has sold a lot of stuff and has good feedback then he might be okay chap.

Make sure you know when the deadline is!!

Always pay with a CC through paypal for expensive purchases!!  :daumenhoch:

steve Beech TA

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 06:53 PM »

Sorry to be thick whats a CC through pay pal  :idiot2:

I have waited 6 weeks or so from the usa, dont panic just yet :daumenhoch:

Offline Nicfred

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 07:01 PM »

Sorry to be thick whats a CC through pay pal  :idiot2:

I have waited 6 weeks or so from the usa, dont panic just yet :daumenhoch:

ha ha im guessing "YES YOU ARE " cc could well be a credit card  ;)  :LolLolLolLol: or me a CLEVER C**T  ;D  :LolLolLolLol:

moley

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 07:36 PM »
Yes 'Clever C**t'  you were right!!

It does stand for Credit Card.

Credit Cards allow you an extra level of Consumer Protection if things go up shit creek.....................

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  how much time

gfxgfx
gfx gfx