gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 07:55 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  A Question for TJ Baldwin???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A Question for TJ Baldwin???  (Read 2924 times)

dialledbikes

Re: A Question for TJ Baldwin???
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 09:11 PM »
On the edge riding is what BMX racing is all about.

As much as I respect and love to watch the really fast guys who can ride flawless laps around any track, that doesn't always make for exciting racing.

With riders like TJ, you never know what's gonna happen next.  In the final on Sunday I thought TJ would just ride round after slipping his pedals cos he was miles behind, but then he took off like a scolded cat and gave the crowd 20 seconds of pure entertainment as he fought his way back to 4th before putting himself over the last berm.

I think TJ gained a lot of fans at Andover!

Mrs T J Baldwin

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 07:44 PM »
 . get the wife a zircon she will never know  :daumenhoch:
[/quote]

Oh she will  ;)

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2008, 11:47 PM »
we need a vid  :daumenhoch:

rudhallrascal

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2008, 07:31 AM »
we need a vid  :daumenhoch:

Get yourself over to tredegar today and watch him for yourself..  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 07:38 AM by Tone 7 »

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 11:33 AM »
I went, but couldnt tell you whos who????

Was some good riders there, was he the big chap on a 20', hit the second jump in his 1st moto, as this chap was flying!  :coolsmiley:

some of the younger guys were awsome also, some very closs calls nose diving, made for some entertaining racing  :daumenhoch:

A real friendly bunch also, just like it was 20 years back, still a great sport. spoke to loads of peeps & had some nice comments about my bike also.

Met a guy from here user name Darren that offered me some gen Comp III's for my bike...how nice is that...so big up RAD, as I wouldnt of know of the track, met some really nice people, or had a great day out. I even met up with Welsh Denny throught this site, we hadnt seen eacheother in 22 years !.....Top stuff only possible because of the top site...thanks everyone  :daumenhoch:

Mrs T J Baldwin

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2008, 10:54 AM »
I went, but couldnt tell you whos who????

Was some good riders there, was he the big chap on a 20', hit the second jump in his 1st moto, as this chap was flying!  :coolsmiley:

some of the younger guys were awsome also, some very closs calls nose diving, made for some entertaining racing  :daumenhoch:

A real friendly bunch also, just like it was 20 years back, still a great sport. spoke to loads of peeps & had some nice comments about my bike also.

Met a guy from here user name Darren that offered me some gen Comp III's for my bike...how nice is that...so big up RAD, as I wouldnt of know of the track, met some really nice people, or had a great day out. I even met up with Welsh Denny throught this site, we hadnt seen eacheother in 22 years !.....Top stuff only possible because of the top site...thanks everyone  :daumenhoch:

Glad you had a good day ! we all did , a lot of hard was put into it , and the outcome was good.
Ref to who T J Baldwin was - he was riding 20 "  the one in the Blue Se kit - riding with an injury he had got comming off at Bristol - his knee still not right ... hoping it will be ok for Chesterfield. But ripping it up all the same - so unfortunately , you haven't seen the best of him yet if you did go Sunday !

All the best
Nicola

dialledbikes

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2008, 10:55 AM »
My story starts at the age of 11  when I started riding BMX.
 One night I made a 5 mile journey on my bike to a local track in Hereford , where there was many people practising . This night was the start of my BMX racing. I was riding round the track , and some of the locals said to try and jump the last triples (which were big at the time!!) and to no surprise I didn't make it , and I fell off! So from here I kept trying till I succeded .
I was aproached by a man called Brian Dukes , who asked me would I like to go with him and his son to a race meeting . So I did ! He also gave me a bike to ride because mine wasn't good enough .
He took me racing with him and his son every week all over the country . Then his son broke his wrist, he gave up but Brian carried on taking me to every meeting even going abroad , and paid for everything !
It was just because he always said that I had good potential to ride BMX.
I didn't realise until nowadays - that I would never have got a sponsor like I had at that time -

Really nice story that TJ.  There's been some great people in BMX and Brian Dukes sounds like one of them.

Do you still keep in touch with him?  I'm sure he'd be proud to hear you're racing again and still getting rad!

Mrs T J Baldwin

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 11:09 AM »
Mike - Brian Dukes  came down to Tredegar on Sunday - first time he has seen Tony racing for a very long time ,
Still says now his style is unique ...  lol , and hasn't changed at all ! (we are in regular contact with him, of course he is almost 20 yrs older now ) He really enjoyed the day, which was lovely for us to see him there .

One thing he was doing was eyeing up my little man , Tay rode well on Sunday - we dont put any pressure on him at all , but Brian was looking at him - his young protege maybe ?? ...one thing - Brian trained Tony really hard as a young boy - I couldn't  allow that with Taylan as life pressures these days are so much more , even on the young ones - we will see hey - Taylan should have his own natural ability and make his own way - steered in the right direction.  ;)
Nicola

dialledbikes

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2008, 11:21 AM »
Nice one Nic  :daumenhoch:

And I couldn't agree more about letting kids find their own way.  I'd love it if my lad was really into BMX but the truth is he enjoys other stuff more so I don't pressure him into racing.  He just goes along when he feels like it.  Hopefully he will grow to like/love racing as much as I do when he gets a bit older.

halfords turbo

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2008, 03:32 PM »
A couple of TJ at cheddar  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  A Question for TJ Baldwin???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx