gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975641 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 08:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  BMX Video music that changed your life :)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BMX Video music that changed your life :)  (Read 1591 times)

nee

BMX Video music that changed your life :)
« on: July 30, 2008, 03:29 PM »
I've heard so many good bits of music over the years that i'd definately have not been exposed to if it wasn't for it being in a bmx video.
Probably the biggest one for me was when i heard The Get Up Kids - Woodson, cant even remember the name of the bleedin' video now (might have been a Fox one? My vids are still boxed up from us emigrating here)
Been fully into them ever since.

Sarge - Clearer off one of the Props vids blew me away too. If you hunt down their album Detroit Star Lite is a great tune too :) Off the same Props video is a track called Her Tiny Little Heart by a band called The Loved...but can't find this track anywhere.
Also another one im having real probs getting info on / mp3 is a track called Needlenose by a band called Buss thats at the end credits for a late 90's video (think this might be off the same video as the Get Up Kids one?) Cant locate this anywhere :(

Other memorables include Fugazi - KYO (keep Your Eyes Open) from Ride On.

What's your faves? :)

Any info on the one's im trying to trace above will be greatly recieved :)

SaMAlex

Re: BMX Video music that changed your life :)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 03:33 PM »
I find that sometimes I hear a song and I am taken straight to the BMX video I know it from. Even if I dont remember the actual Video, I can see the tricks being done. It happened the other week at Rom. I dont even know what the song was but I could see the tricks in my head!

nee

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 03:36 PM »
I find that sometimes I hear a song and I am taken straight to the BMX video I know it from. Even if I dont remember the actual Video, I can see the tricks being done. It happened the other week at Rom. I dont even know what the song was but I could see the tricks in my head!

Yes yes!!

I get that with Frank Black - Bad Wicked World off one of the Backyard vids..

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 05:29 PM »
Blueprint - Fugazi.  Bit of a cliche I know, but I've never heard of the band, or that song before Headfirst and the opening bars of that song still make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck   :4_17_5:

And pretty much anything by Senser.  ;)

condor96

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 09:25 PM »
Blueprint - Fugazi.  Bit of a cliche I know, but I've never heard of the band, or that song before Headfirst and the opening bars of that song still make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck 

thats a good song definatly.
anybody know what song is in the intro to poor boy heavy metal thunder?

Lazarou

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 11:20 PM »
Blueprint - Fugazi.  Bit of a cliche I know, but I've never heard of the band, or that song before Headfirst and the opening bars of that song still make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck 

thats a good song definatly.
anybody know what song is in the intro to poor boy heavy metal thunder?

Isn't it 'Cum on feel the noize' by Quiet Riot?

Good call on Frank Black! Los Angeles pops up on loads of videos, Think of vids every time i hear Vacuum Scam, American Standard, Bad Religion, NOFX,  Orange 9mm, Pennywise etc. Proper contemporary punk before the Emo fags took over. Backyard vids had some great music too.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 07:44 PM »
alot of the music i own i had never heard or had heard but never really got into them until i heard them on bmx vids

for example

sabbath
senser
fugazi
rolling stones
iggy pop
primus
ministry
massive attack

dirty deeds, rooftops handrail to barspin out to the sound of iron man
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 07:48 PM by kev s »

spesh

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 08:22 PM »
your all too young! :LolLolLolLol:

best peoice of bmx music is this

/>
on dave mirra bmx for the ps2 :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 11:50 PM »
Wouldn't say it changed my life, but do seem to like alot of music on dvds, mainly Grounded and Electronical, even bought the MGMT album yesterday.
The question also arises have some bands/groups become more popular because there music has been used in a DVD/WEBclip?
I've never heard of MGMT before ELECTRONICAL, then kept seeing their video on one of the music channels, so popped in HMV and bought the album, not downloaded but a real CD :LolLolLolLol:

jedi

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 12:03 AM »
i love clap your hands say yeah-upon this tidal wave of young blood.
glad they used it on electronical.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  BMX Video music that changed your life :)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx