gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:45 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Creation update
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Creation update  (Read 353 times)

Voodoocars

Creation update
« on: July 29, 2008, 09:34 PM »
Went to creation today.Not on my bike, unfortuntely, and had a long chat with staff about the rebuild. Dont panic you lot- the lights are going to be sorted  :).The revamp of the layout is suppossed to be done at end of Aug/ Sept but the park will be going thro changes for the next 6-9months to turn it (park side- climbing centre is ok) into a viable business.At the moment the park losses money as the floor space is too big. The area that was built several months ago that nobody uses will be half its size and the whole park is being made more for bmx than skaters and inline  :daumenhoch:(thank god). The bowl will be replaced and will be the same as before but about 4' shorter in length to make way for a fire exit.  Not only that but plans are afoot for the roof to be done so no more leaks! Wahoo!   

Comments please.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Creation update
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 02:08 AM »
So if the ramp park is too big to make money, what are they going to do?

Make more space for the climbing centre I would assume as that is profitable. That means a revamp of the park, with rider input that means more flow and better lines. Which means a better park, better links, all in a smaller more cost effective area. Which in turn means fewer users......

Tread carefully Creation, it might just bite you in the arse   ;)

Voodoocars

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 07:04 AM »
The difference in floor space will hardly be noticed I'm sure.The bit that is being taken up by the climbing centre is virtually unused anyway.I think its gonna be great. Having the bowl back is a major thing as when it went everyone complained.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 07:25 AM »
definately. I liked that bowl.  It's just a bit of a worry when you hear that they're looking at it as two seperate entities, and comparing the two cost centres.  The park has been reduced in size already, now its being reduced again. Depending on the rebuild, if the throughput of people drops significantly then their logic might suggest again that the park can't aford its own floor space again.  It's like a vicious circle.

Get the place clean, dry and light.
Make sure the cafe is well stocked and open - and not neccesarily staffed by kids..
Design the park so there is flow in certain areas and containment in others - less chance of collisions that way
Double the width of the mini and add a sub box and flat bank hips leading off into other stuff
Sort out the jumpbox approach so its not so bias to one side

Just off the top of my head  ;)

Don't get me wrong, I wish them all the very best and my hat is off to them for percervering  (sp). I would hate to see the park close, especially if there was no good reason..

But if they're going for a redesign and presumably a grand relaunch or summat, then they'd best not do it half arsed or else they may well feel like they're throwing good money after bad and we all know where that leads.

It would be lovely to have it all done for when the clocks go back  :daumenhoch:

Bushwacked

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 08:01 AM »
Lets hope they do a good job - I wasn't too keen on the layout the first time I ventured up there (For the novice night - although I really enjoyed it). Think it just needs some good support so if they get it right (or even just better) I'll be expecting to get up their more often.

Some of it didn't seem to flow like the odd ramps next to the Volcano and didn't seem to get used. They've got some good floor space but just need to use it wisely and thinks about getting the lines going with enough space for all to enjoy.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Creation update

gfxgfx
gfx gfx