gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 04:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Sooooo Mid-schoolers...how are your plans for the MK08 Show & Shine going?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Sooooo Mid-schoolers...how are your plans for the MK08 Show & Shine going?  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
Come on then, have you got treats in store?
 ???

JT71

finished mine last night

not happy really, but it'll have to do now and once i get MK out of the way I can ride it.
(note to self grease crank before riding)

had a friggin mare with the upper gyro cable.

everyone knows what it is, a 92 Haro sport bashguard in Neon Lime.

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
What do you need to finish it? I may be able to help...

SaMAlex

Isnt the idea that you dont show anyone till the day? I dont know much about show bikes but I think I have picked that up.

I have still got to finish a bike that is being build just for it. Im not even sure if its a late OS or an early Mid. But like JT71 said, I wanna get the show out of the way so I can take it for a spin. Its almost done, just gotta rig up the brake and put the chain on (I lost the chainring bolts, thanks for the replacements Joe).

I might bring another bike as well, one I didnt have last year. A real mid bike but still 1". 4 pegs, Gyro, and very Heavy  :daumenhoch:

JT71

What do you need to finish it? I may be able to help...

cheers dude.

it's finished. just the gyro cable had to have like max adjustment on it, the inners seemed too long.
other than that really it's great, and I love it, the gyro just pissed me off and made me have a downer.
to be honest, i saw it in the garage this morning and can't wait to ride it, it'll be my macmillan ride bike for sure.
(unless my dirt bros rep is ready by then.....then i'll have to toss for it. ( a coin, not off))

JT71

no one will see mine until saturday...though Philbert and Ozrick got a sneak preview last night.

I'm up against the mighty Laz in the mid freestyle class, I'm hoping for help from above.

SaMAlex

just the gyro cable had to have like max adjustment on it, the inners seemed too long.

What lever are you using? You might need one with more adjustment on the barrel, or maybe change the lever barrel for a longer one?

JT71

just the gyro cable had to have like max adjustment on it, the inners seemed too long.

What lever are you using? You might need one with more adjustment on the barrel, or maybe change the lever barrel for a longer one?

Don't laugh, I'm using ACS locking levers that came off a three wheeled disability walker. I sh1t you not.

I've got enough adjustment. but it's all of it.   :LolLolLolLol:

oh well it's done now.

Lazarou

I'm up against the mighty Laz in the mid freestyle class, I'm hoping for help from above.

I wouldn't be too worried Joe! I'm having a nightmare with mine!

JT71

I wouldn't be too worried Joe! I'm having a nightmare with mine!

anything i can help with dude? other than the headset which I've let you down with..just haven't had a chance to get to
Cubbington. sorry.

Lazarou

I went to Cubbington! I got off my lazy arse and went over there and got a NOS Beartrap II headset for £7.99!! Thanks for the tip off Joe!

....turns out the manager there is an old friend of Philbert and i that we had lost touch with!

....as for my S&S build it's just perseverance i need i give up too easily! Just watched Zero Tolerance on You Tube and i'm all fired up!

JT71

I went to Cubbington! I got off my lazy arse and went over there and got a NOS Beartrap II headset for £7.99!! Thanks for the tip off Joe!

....turns out the manager there is an old friend of Philbert and i that we had lost touch with!

....as for my S&S build it's just perseverance i need i give up too easily! Just watched Zero Tolerance on You Tube and i'm all fired up!

£7.99   :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

wicked. did he have any other goodies?

Lazarou

Not really, some Primo bits but nothing of great importance.  :-\

SaMAlex

Don't laugh, I'm using ACS locking levers that came off a three wheeled disability walker. I sh1t you not.

I think that is the best thing Ive heard in ages. That is just soooo what people did in the 90s?!*
That might just get my vote, cos of that alone (well, if it wasnt on a Haro. lol)

* in 1997 we stole a load of A'me grips of the ET ride at Universal studios. The cars you rode in had BMX bars and grips. Well ... they did have grips till we went on it. We were all walking off the ride like we had stiffies, with grips stuffed down our shorts.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:

Fook me i'll have one of those for £8!!!   you can't beat a Beartrap II  :daumenhoch:

JT71

Fook me i'll have one of those for £8!!!   you can't beat a Beartrap II  :daumenhoch:

think there was only one dude. it was in a display case, I didn't buy it first time I saw it, I was saving it for a rainy day
and when Laz needed one I tipped him off. (i did forget to fetch it for him though)

condor96

I think that is the best thing Ive heard in ages. That is just soooo what people did in the 90s?!*
That might just get my vote, cos of that alone (well, if it wasnt on a Haro. lol)

* in 1997 we stole a load of A'me grips of the ET ride at Universal studios. The cars you rode in had BMX bars and grips. Well ... they did have grips till we went on it. We were all walking off the ride like we had stiffies, with grips stuffed down our shorts.

:LolLolLolLol: i went on that ride back in 94, when i was 11. the grips were kinda loose,they almost just slid off,needless to say they ended up on my 92 gt pfst that i had lol i thought i was the only one.............

and i hope everybody has fun at mk! if only this damn ocean wasnt in the way id be there.......

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
what do you guys need to finish your builds then.
im of to work now but back on later if i can help.

JT71

cheers for the offer Dan, I'm all good, it is finished, and I do love it now I've gotten over the problems, can't wait now to get show and shone outta the way so I can ride it.

:daumenhoch:

then it'll be on with my Dirt Bros rep.  :daumenhoch:

Lazarou

I'm ok too Dan it's just my inadequate bike building skills!! But thanks for the offer! You've helped me plenty already!

SaMAlex

I spent last night in the shed (no, working on bikes. I didnt get kicked out of the house!). All I ended up doing was finishing a mates early 80s Old School show bike. It does look very nice but Im no closer to getting my bike done. At least his bike is out of my shed now, its all NOS and lovely and was making my bikes look bad!

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
I have a few mid school treats to show at the weekend........!!

SaMAlex

I got in the shed at last. I think my (OS/Mid) race bike is all working and race ready now. I took it for a spin round the block and it was ace.

I think I have just about finished my show bike. tbh I kinda lost interest at the end but it might just be cos its late. It does look great tho.

I might be borrowing a mates van. If I do I will bring quite a few 90s bikes, even if its just to take them round the track a few times.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
I had'nt planned on attending this year so have'nt built anything  and have not had chance to go over and get the new wheels for this:-

so there will be a new champ crowned on Sunday  :LolLolLolLol:

:) DINGO :)

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
man I love that quad Dingo. Top build.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Sooooo Mid-schoolers...how are your plans for the MK08 Show & Shine going?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx