gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 12:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Burnham Nationals
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Burnham Nationals  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
Burnham Nationals
« on: July 28, 2008, 08:04 PM »
few pics and a bit of a crash !

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
Re: Burnham Nationals
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 08:11 PM »

dialledbikes

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 08:12 PM »
Good jumping by Bill Stup down the first straight.  Pity he lost his balance on the manual which caused him to crash.

Conditions looked the exact opposite of what they were like last time we were there (cold, wet, windy, miserable).

moomin

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 08:13 PM »
You nutter Bill, seem to remember you stacking at the 1st National on that straight, must love eatin dirt eh  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Commentry from Mr and Mrs Gashead, how did he do that he's on his own............Nick just saying after a long pause............................... dunno  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 08:28 PM »
I tell you what though Billy has come on in leaps and bounds this year and his balls are very big indeed.  :daumenhoch:

wolfybmx

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 09:11 PM »
the first pic is off dan pullen 13/14yr expert (in the lead #8). on day 2 he was on fire finishing 4th in his A final and all this on flat pedals. awsome :daumenhoch:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 09:24 PM »
It`ll be funny if somebody got my other crash on Sunday on vid, I tried to jump the doubles on the third straight but didn`t have enough speed, so just slamed straight in to the face of the second double, which snapped 5 spokes and put a huge flat spot in a brand new rim that I`d just built up for this weekend, I then fell sideways and down the side of the jump backwards with the bike on top of me, mind you I got a nice round of applause once I got up and carried my bike over the line  :crazy2:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

bof

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 04:26 PM »
It`ll be funny if somebody got my other crash on Sunday on vid, I tried to jump the doubles on the third straight but didn`t have enough speed, so just slamed straight in to the face of the second double, which snapped 5 spokes and put a huge flat spot in a brand new rim that I`d just built up for this weekend, I then fell sideways and down the side of the jump backwards with the bike on top of me, mind you I got a nice round of applause once I got up and carried my bike over the line  :crazy2:

Unfortunately I missed all of billy's troubles, we where in different moto,s  but I certainly heard all the hooooos and hhhaaaaas when he fell off on the doubles :D big props to bill he just got up and got on with it. all be it with a square wheel :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 04:45 PM »

You don't mean that big horrible deep double where Dave Herman passed you at Rd1/Rd2 do you Bill?  If you do, then you're a bigger fruitcake than I thought for trying that  :idiot2:

Balls of steel for trying that one!

hooga1975

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 08:39 PM »
Unlucky Bill, you had that in the bag and were really flying over the doubles on the first straight. 

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 09:28 PM »

You don't mean that big horrible deep double where Dave Herman passed you at Rd1/Rd2 do you Bill?  If you do, then you're a bigger fruitcake than I thought for trying that  :idiot2:

Balls of steel for trying that one!

I`d cleared it a couple of times in practice so thought it would be on in the race, but Dave Herman low-highed me in the berm so I lost a bit of speed, but thought fook it I`ll give it a go, and a square wheel was the result  :crazy2:

dialledbikes

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 10:02 PM »
Well major props for jumping that horrible double Bill.  I wouldn't even think about trying it  :(  (I need a f'kin kick up the arse!)

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 10:20 PM »
HEY MIKE

DIDNT SEE YOU RACIN AT BURNAHAM

YOUNG JACK GOT 3RD SAT AND 3RD SUNDAY ,,OK EH

R

SEE YA AT MK

bof

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 10:21 PM »
Well major props for jumping that horrible double Bill.  I wouldn't even think about trying it  :(  (I need a f'kin kick up the arse!)

Mike the weather was perfect for jumping this weekend nice and dry with a slight wind, like billy said the big doubles are quite easy to jump as long as you get a decent run at them.  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 10:33 PM »
HEY MIKE

DIDNT SEE YOU RACIN AT BURNAHAM

YOUNG JACK GOT 3RD SAT AND 3RD SUNDAY ,,OK EH

R

SEE YA AT MK

No Russ, I gave Burnham a miss.

I did see Jack's results though and if I'm not mistaken, he may go to the No.1 spot in the rankings as I don't think Jacob Roberts raced last weekend.  I'm keeping my eye on his progress  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 10:34 PM »

Mike the weather was perfect for jumping this weekend nice and dry with a slight wind, like billy said the big doubles are quite easy to jump as long as you get a decent run at them.  :daumenhoch:

Unfortunately Bof, my bollox are no bigger in nice weather than they are otherwise  :LolLolLolLol:

Anyway, I'm gonna be doing a bit of riding in the US over the next few weeks, so maybe it will help me up my game a bit before the Brits.

Lil Gashead

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 06:08 PM »
how is your shoulder bill!!  that looked well painfull!!

wheres the pictures of jai dad

great day though

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 07:08 PM »
how is your shoulder bill!!  that looked well painfull!!

wheres the pictures of jai dad

great day though

Don`t worry i`m fine, there`s a lot to be said for body armour  :daumenhoch:

darren

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 06:05 PM »
bill good on ya for doin that 1st straight i still havent done it and have been going there a fair bit, as for the 3rd straight i couldnt believe it when you took off as there was no way you had enough speed and the almighty crack as you landed i heard very clearly on 2nd straight !!!
40+ is were its at for sure i got a couple of years yet but cannot wait .

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Burnham Nationals

gfxgfx
gfx gfx