gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 04:39 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  crankbolt what torque
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: crankbolt what torque  (Read 851 times)

spesh

crankbolt what torque
« on: July 25, 2008, 10:13 PM »
not bmx but my mtb cranks are creaking even tho ive tightened them up with a big 8mm allen key
im gonna use a torque wrench tomorrow but what setting should i tighten them to in ft-lb?
there the square tapered cranks and not isis or splined

searched the web and all i get is "see manufacturers torque setting" :wtf: :2gunsfiring_v1:

cheers spesh

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: crankbolt what torque
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 06:10 PM »
Try greasing the axle to see if that solves the creaking as it's not uncommon  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 09:20 PM »
Also, take the pedal off, grease the thread, ramp up tight. Its worth checking the BB cup on the side that creaks too, they sometimes come undone which can cause creaking.

once everything is tight and if it still creaks, check for any play in the crank arms, if there is any its worth sticking a new BB in, They are £17 max :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

spesh

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 09:53 PM »
thanx fella,s i undid the cranks and moved them 90 deg on the axle and greased the joints and all seems fine now
cheers spesh

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  crankbolt what torque

gfxgfx
gfx gfx