gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975768 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 02:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Went to Creation last night.....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Went to Creation last night.....  (Read 773 times)

Voodoocars

Went to Creation last night.....
« on: July 25, 2008, 07:04 AM »
Hot as an oven :P but.... the park is having a major revamp.The 'start' area platform  for the jump box has already gone and will be replaced by a large 1/4. A new bowl ( well the old one rebuilt) is going where the mini is next to vert and the mini is being moved forward.There will be a hip and various other spines and jump box.It will be totally different with new lines ect.All done from rider input I believe. It looks quite promising. Roll on the next Rad event....

JT71

Re: Went to Creation last night.....
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 08:40 AM »
sounds Cool Ian.

you riding Sunday morning? No promises, hinges on wife and possible/probable visits to DIY superstores, but I  might.

I was at Chacombe mini ramp last night. had a good session.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 08:52 AM »
Tell em not to bother until they've FIXED THE FOOKING LIGHTS!!!!!!!!

jedi

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 09:43 AM »
like the sound of a revamp.
it'll be much better if the ramps lined up more betterer   too  :uglystupid2:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 12:57 PM »
would be even better than that if i could ride any better than a plebbian!   ;D

Bushwacked

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 01:10 PM »
Ooooo - Sounds good. How long till its finished?

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 01:28 PM »
But is there stuff for us shitters to still ride on......gotta do me rollbacks come whatever  :crazy2:
Vans Style

Voodoocars

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 02:26 PM »
Dont know how long it will take.I would imagine about a month 'cause they are gonna want peeps in there.And ther will be places to do roll backs. If it doesnt rain we are goin to Redditch on sunday Joe.

PaulM

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 06:18 PM »
Totally agree with Rob, they really need to sort the lights out, i've spoke to them every time i've been up there but they just dont seem interested, shame be cause its probably the easiest and most cost effective thing to do.

Cheers

Paul

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 06:38 PM »
had a long chat with paul at the skatepark last time i was there. the plan is to get some ancillaries for the bowl, maybe the curved wallride back, sub box, etc to make it more interesting. also a cradle was thrown into the mix as i don't know of anywhere thats got one yet. haven't seen any final plans though!

the cost of doing the lighting is the problem. highering a cherry picker, scaffolding for the bits that the picker can't get to, then the cost of those bulbs aren't cheap

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 06:44 PM »
I guarantee that the hire costs of a suitable picker would be less than the wood cost of any single ramp.   I just hired one for a job that reached 10m in height  (which is one tiny cherrypicker) for £185 per week.  Whats that at todays prices?  8-10 sheets of ply if you're lucky?

As for reach, a single 'spider' picker will reach anything. The cost is hundreds. not thousands.

It's a piss poor excuse if you ask me. Especially with winter not so far away, they'll be expecting good gates due to the new woodwork - why let the place down with bad lighting?

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 06:54 PM »
what would a cherrypicker like that weigh?

Offline egg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 08:15 PM »
why hire a cherrypicker? there were ropes hanging from the rafters last time i was there so i'm sure the climbing boys next door have been up.send them up again :daumenhoch:

jedi

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 09:21 PM »
why hire a cherrypicker? there were ropes hanging from the rafters last time i was there so i'm sure the climbing boys next door have been up.send them up again :daumenhoch:

fooking idea!! :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 08:44 AM »
Rope Access Technicians.

Or RATS, as we call em in the trade.  Could be done for favours I suppose, there must be loads next door - as long as they're sparkies by trade.

Phil, cherrypickers are heavy things as it happens.  But an 18mm ply runway say 2 layers thick laid on top of the vert flat bottom will spread the load sufficiently if the ramps been built properly....  that little baby 10m one I used weighed 2850kg.  The larger building site models can go up to 16000kg  :shocked: That ramp would be the only bugbear though, as the picker is almost certain to reach over everything else in the place.

Spider lifts are significantly lighter, more commonly used in finished buildings with delicate stone tile floors and such like, but they are dearer to hire.

Now is the perfect time to do it while they're ripping out. I'm sure there's more floor space available at the moment than anytime else.  ;)

Lazarou

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 09:12 AM »
had a long chat with paul at the skatepark last time i was there. the plan is to get some ancillaries for the bowl, maybe the curved wallride back, sub box, etc to make it more interesting. also a cradle was thrown into the mix as i don't know of anywhere thats got one yet. haven't seen any final plans though!

the cost of doing the lighting is the problem. highering a cherry picker, scaffolding for the bits that the picker can't get to, then the cost of those bulbs aren't cheap

What in the name of holy hell is a cradle?

Offline egg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 10:05 AM »

What in the name of holy hell is a cradle?
[/quote]

one of these

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 10:19 AM »
the thought was to cradle one of the corner sections coming off the hip

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Went to Creation last night.....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx