gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 01:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Sky to sponsor BC
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Sky to sponsor BC  (Read 638 times)

Longun

Sky to sponsor BC
« on: July 24, 2008, 10:29 AM »
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_3859797,00.html

So good thing? money, exposure etc  bad thing? would need Sky to see any etc

Will any filter down to BMX?

Discuss.

JT71

Re: Sky to sponsor BC
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 10:58 AM »
well I guess some will filter down to BMX.

Miss Reade has a BC apartement in manchester with a 50inch plasma and a leather couch
(and very little else in it judging by the interview on BBC the other night) funded by BC.

that was a great show, except the dressage bit, though I thought the chap was exceptional in his field, i just don't dig dressage.

I wish they'd done the whole BMX thing in one go.

There were some great bits, like the commentator who said and "she's out of the gate first, she's got legs like those tree stumps behind her"

Anyone else think we have a real prospect of gold in BMX?

So yeah, some of that money is going to filter into the BMX part of BC, but not really BMX in general I don't suppose, unless BC go out and
start actively sponsoring events and scouting talent.

evamedia

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 11:11 AM »

Anyone else think we have a real prospect of gold in BMX?

I expect so, she hasn't lost for about 5 years or something. Though she is British, so that'll probably fook it up.

JT71

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 11:13 AM »
another question?

would you?

imagine them legs wrapped around you? mmmmmmmmmmmmm. yes please...can you keep your race top on love?

probably needs a different thread.  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Longun

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 11:22 AM »
another question?

would you?

imagine them legs wrapped around you? mmmmmmmmmmmmm. yes please...can you keep your race top on love?

probably needs a different thread.  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Doesn't do it for me to be honest - but there is a rider on the track team that does.

Flying_fox

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 11:26 AM »

Miss Reade has a BC apartement in manchester with a 50inch plasma and a leather couch
(and very little else in it judging by the interview on BBC the other night) funded by BC.

The home was given to her by a building comany not BC. http://www.gleeson-homes.co.uk/newsdetail.aspx?id=218

JT71

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 11:28 AM »

The home was given to her by a building comany not BC. http://www.gleeson-homes.co.uk/newsdetail.aspx?id=218

ah yeah. i obviously wasn't paying enough attention.  :daumenhoch:

i was thinking about them legs...like tree trunks   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 11:29 AM »

Thats who I work for, now I know why they aint payed me :knuppel2:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

JT71

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 11:31 AM »
but still she's feeling the benefits of the BC, coaches, training etc isn't she?

Flying_fox

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 11:40 AM »
Yes, she’s funded by BC and the lottery as well as her other sponsors. I was just pointing out that she has many other backers, not just BC.

I bet Gleeson Homes we’re proper miffed when they donated her the pad and didn’t get any mention at all on the BBC program.

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 11:48 AM »
I liked the statement they made about the majority of  british female olypians ending up out of pocket, even the bloke on the horse was spending his own money :wtf:
No wonder we dont do any good, our people have to pay for themselves. Sport and competion are stiffled at an early age in this country, My 2 boys got certificates for TAKING part in there sports day. Tried explaining this to the Aussie at work and she was like  :wtf:
Would like to know the odds on Shanaze winning as I would put a tenner on her to win gold.

Flying_fox

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 12:17 PM »

Would like to know the odds on Shanaze winning as I would put a tenner on her to win gold.

Not very good now I should'nt think, everyone knows who she is. As soon as it was announced that BMX was going to be in the Olympics a few years ago I tried to get odds on her, not one bookie replied to my emails. I think I missed the boat there. >:(

dialledbikes

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 12:17 PM »
I think Shanaze does nicely from her Redline, Oakley and Adidas contracts alone not to have to worry about the funding she gets from BC.  She was also driving a nice new BMW 1-series last time I saw her.

If she wins gold in Beijing she'll do even better through endorsements and tv appearances.  Not bad for a 19 year old lass from the mean streets of Crewe.

And she deserves every penny of it.  Just wish we had more like her and some male equivalents as it would be great to see Brits kicking world and euro butt in BMX again.

Flying_fox

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 12:22 PM »
Anyway back to the thread subject…….

This years Brits are going to be shown on SKY (as were last years). See here : http://www.britishbmxchampionships.co.uk/news.html

SKY money will make a difference, even if not directly to grass roots level.

SKY = exposure = more people joining clubs = move revenue.

SKY = exposure = more awareness of the sports for local councils = more tracks = more clubs/places to ride.

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 12:50 PM »
they just showed a bit about this on sky sports news, when they went back to the presenters they were talking about how shanaze would win gold

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Sky to sponsor BC

gfxgfx
gfx gfx