gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:09 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  SKYWAY TUFF DYE HELP PLEASE!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SKYWAY TUFF DYE HELP PLEASE!!  (Read 726 times)

munners

SKYWAY TUFF DYE HELP PLEASE!!
« on: July 23, 2008, 07:19 AM »
I recently purchased a NOS set of blue Tuffs - alloyed hubbed.

The rear is really faded by the sun and looks old .The front is as new and has the texture that the new tuffs out now have.             

However i have tried to dye them both in Madonna Blue and afterwards the front is the same and the rear now looks well odd but more blue but not as blue and new as the front.

If i dyed them both black would they both look the same afterwards? ???

Seems  a shame to ruin a NOS blue set! :'(

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Re: SKYWAY TUFF DYE HELP PLEASE!!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 08:32 AM »
Nick, if one was very blue already then it will only go darker if both stuck in together. I did the same with a red set I had, one was faded, one was not and I tried to dye both but the darker one went even more dark and the lighter one took only some of the dye colour!  >:(

Best thing I found was to dye the lighter one 1st to the same shade, then wack both in. Done this with another set and worked out ok.

If you want to dye them black they will both definately go black that's for sure and the same shade  ;)

Matt  :daumenhoch:

munners

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 09:14 AM »
Cheers Matt,

So basically you wont be able to tell the difference in the richness of the plastic once i have dyed them black?

Hope that makes sense.  ???

My rear one which has faded looks like it has had the life sucked out of it by the sun. Even WD40 wont work to give it some life.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 03:28 PM »
Nick, FFS it's only elbow grease  :LolLolLolLol:

As Swivel says, re-dye the rear on its own to get it as close to the front as possible, then dye both together.  Don't dye them black FFS, if it helps and you are really not happy with the colour match, send them to me in Australia, I'll make sure the front gets faded to the same grade as the rear  >:D.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

daz bmx it!

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Dying the illusive Dark blue tuff's black?.....No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked:

munners

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 06:49 PM »
Ok i will keep them blue!

I may try a different blue than Madonna. ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  SKYWAY TUFF DYE HELP PLEASE!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx