gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 04:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  A little guess who from MK's message board
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A little guess who from MK's message board  (Read 1761 times)

Moschops

A little guess who from MK's message board
« on: July 21, 2008, 10:07 PM »
Follow link, are you there do you know who is there???????

http://mkbmx.proboards75.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=233

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: A little guess who from MK's message board
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 10:12 PM »

thats lee shurey on here, even i rode there bitd, was one crazy down hill track

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 10:13 PM »
The poster is Lee Shurey from on here I think  ;)

In first pic the guy winding it up back in the turn is the legend that is Mr Tom Lynch  :4_17_5: . I was probably there that day but not in those pics  ;) .

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 10:14 PM »
Like Pete says , mad track all round was Elfield Park/Bleak Hall  ;) .

I got some pics from there too Lee  ;) .

Some fantastic pics from a meeting there were used in one of the first BMX books ( Dave Spurdens book perhaps ? ) including Charlie Reynolds jumping the fence into the speedway track from the first turn on 1 3/8 rims !  :shocked: lol . Gossa also got a pic in the book from the same meeting sporting his Robinson threads ( max gaitors too ! ) .
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 10:17 PM by Mattdub »

Moschops

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 10:16 PM »
let's see em then fella :daumenhoch:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 10:18 PM »
let's see em then fella :daumenhoch:

Hang on  ;)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 10:29 PM »
Earliest one from Elfield Park , just come out of first turn .

Bit later , just out of the start before it dropped down the hill ( pale yellow Ame race top , Echo lid ) .

Same day , out of first turn again .

I had a really cool one printed in the Citizen paper but can't find the bloody thing !  :tickedoff: ( race report in the citizen ) .

Moschops

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 10:35 PM »
 8) 8)

Yeah sure is Lee, he has named a few in the background but i'll wait a while before i name em.

Who is the adult? (that seems so weird writing that) is that the legendary Ray Titmuss??

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 10:49 PM »
Lee ,

I think the "adult" might be Wayne Brocklebank's dad ? . Ray was smaller & good friends with my dad , little Andy ( Ray's son ) was small for his age too . Andy lives in MK now I think or has done in the past , his sister lucy raced a bit too and she lives near me .

Flying_fox

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 08:49 AM »
Yes Matt it was the Dave Spurdens book. The pictures of the Bleak Hall track in it were taken at my ever race in August 1983. I've got the book at home, I'll try and get some of it scanned this week if I get time. There are a few pictures of my Dad in that book, how gutted was I, I didn't even make it in there myself.

I still hear from Andy from time to time, we remained friends for a fair time after we stopped racing and did a lot of mtb riding together. Last year he was living/working out in the middle east and only poping back to MK occasionally, but I not heard anything from him since Christmas.

Talking of legends, I got an email saying Chris Bennitt the old Banbury X up's rider was going to come to gates at MK tonight. I've not seen him in years, I can't wait. If he makes a comeback TJ will have a real old rival on his hands.

Lee Shurey

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 07:51 PM »
Yep there pic's of me BITD 1983 that was a superb table top at the old MK track
wish I could still jump like that  :(

se

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 09:38 PM »
Coincidence! We were just talking about Chris Bennett on Sunday.

Flying_fox

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 09:56 PM »
Coincidence! We were just talking about Chris Bennett on Sunday.

I know!

Chris turned up with Tim Drew. It was great to see him again, we think it was 87 or 88 when we last rode together (just before he broke his wrist).

He is proper fit, riding road and mtb all the time. He han't ridden a BMX since 96, but within about 10 gates wasn't that far off of the pace. Give him some track time and he'd be good to go in the masters. He had manualing and jumping down again pretty quick, nothing big, but you could see the skills were there.

He's going to watch a the Brits this year, so I think we should all get together and try and talk him into racing again. :daumenhoch:

se

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 10:24 PM »
Just need Mark Perks, Neil Matthews, Alun Brooks.. proper old Midlands/EA reunion.

Flying_fox

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 09:44 AM »
Just need Mark Perks, Neil Matthews, Alun Brooks.. proper old Midlands/EA reunion.

Sorry to get a bit off the MK subject here......

Alun Brooks, 1983 British Champion in our agegroup!!

I did a season of 4X against him a few years ago, another real nice bloke. It was the first year BC did NPS4X, he won the title and I got second and there was only about 1 moto point between us at the end of the year (the jammy git ;)). He was riding for his brother's shop Brooks Cycles, but he only did the one season (as did I, 20" BMX was calling again for me). I'm not sure what he's up to now, apart from speaking in a funny accent and living in Welshpool! I've got loads of pictures of me and Alun doing 4X and podium shots, so I'll print a few out and bring them along to a race to show you what he looks like now.

se

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 08:54 PM »
Nice  :daumenhoch:

Few other names - Gavin Arblaster, Leon Seabright, Lee Pickstone of course, Danny Stabielli. Anyway, MK post hijacked.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  A little guess who from MK's message board

gfxgfx
gfx gfx