gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 01:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  More ebay madness - Ropey dp freestyler up to 200 quid with 5 days to go|!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: More ebay madness - Ropey dp freestyler up to 200 quid with 5 days to go|!  (Read 848 times)

toys19

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130240083225&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003

Check this out! Why do people insist on bidding on ebay items so early, all they are doing is shoving the price up even for themselves.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
I wouldn't give him £50 for that!

I like how he says the the rear drop outs are "a little worn" if that's a little worn I'd hate to see his version of fooked!

Probably a bit of shill bidding going on too.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
"User ID kept private"

I'm always suspicious when I see this on auction listings. Why would you do this unless you were trying to hide something  ???

Not worth more than £100 in that condition in my opinion  ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 03:14 PM by phantom photon »

toys19

I'm pretty sure ebay hides everyones id these days, its to stop you knicking bidders by offering them the same thing on the side.

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
I'm pretty sure ebay hides everyones id these days, its to stop you knicking bidders by offering them the same thing on the side.

Yeah they do but it still lists as 'Bidder 1', 'Bidder 2', etc and then when the auction finishes it lets you know who the winning bidder was. This seller has specifically chosen to completely hide all bidder info.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:

Yeah they do but it still lists as 'Bidder 1', 'Bidder 2', etc and then when the auction finishes it lets you know who the winning bidder was. This seller has specifically chosen to completely hide all bidder info.

There's definitely a shill going down!  :2gunsfiring_v1:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Why do people insist on bidding on ebay items so early, all they are doing is shoving the price up even for themselves.

I dont know why people do it either,always gets me  :-\ 

electro808

Why do people insist on bidding on ebay items so early, all they are doing is shoving the price up even for themselves.

I dont know why people do it either,always gets me  :-\ 

Maybe it's a twisted form of 'tyre kicking', Matt :-\  They can't really afford the bike and just bung in a bid desperately hoping someone outbids them.  The price goes up for the people who genuinely want the bike or the seller ends up with a non-paying bidder if the douche wins. 

Strange banter, indeed.  The wacky world of OSBMX and eBay.   I wonder if the Priory do a course to rid me of this stupid addiction as every time I sell stuff, hoping to get out of the game, I end up buying more :uglystupid2:

COZZFATHER

how much is blasting and re-chroming gonna cost ?? then dia comps,skyways, etc etc and its one expensive bike.

if you do a internet search on dp firebird freestylers and the new website comes up its gonna make prices go up cos people can see what they had bitd.
Dp was no1 freestyler bitd   sales wise and they were about £50 less than a skyway streetbeat f+f, funny how its turned the other way  :P

ingylevi

:Aresehole:THE DP FREESYLER WAS WELL KNOWEN TO BE 1 OF THE CHEAPEST BIKES TO KIT YA-SELF OUT WITH  BACK IN THE 80'S AND AS FAR AS MY MATES WERE CONCERNED THEY COUND'T WAIT TO GO ON TO BETTER FRAME FROKS AS THE DP WAS A POS.... AND TO ME IT STILL IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angrysoapbox:

JT71

DP were cheap BITD but quality and British made.

The freestyler is a fantastic bike and no I don't have one and nor did I have one back in the day.

Just about every PC in the land comes with a switch to toggle caps lock on/off and a spell checker.  :daumenhoch:

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
I really like these. Never had one but they have taken on a certain "cult following"  and just because they were £79.99 or whatever, means fook all in todays market. Personally, i would pay a couple of hundred quid for an old DP, it would have to be in better nick than this though.

ozone

Internet Troll

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
you gotta love a DP!  mind you i've ridden a few nice ones over the last few years and they're bloody awful to ride!  :LolLolLolLol:

JT71

Internet Troll

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

this is a boring as f**k thread. You are all homos. anyone watch emmerdale last night?? Purdy and Kati sandwich? and Jo Sudgen could pop round too.

COZZFATHER

£230 and ingylevi is a c*nt

you had to add shipping and taxes and the dollar was strong  hence why a streatbeat cost more
tit

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  More ebay madness - Ropey dp freestyler up to 200 quid with 5 days to go|!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx