gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 10:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  one persons suggestion for NORTHERN series
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: one persons suggestion for NORTHERN series  (Read 1905 times)

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
one persons suggestion for NORTHERN series
« on: July 21, 2008, 01:25 PM »
just a thought but i think the amount of races (NORTHERN SERIES) over the summer n winter series is quite alot to commit to, i have discussed this with others and it is just an idea so feel free to shoot me down or go a different route, but how about for the up n coming winter n summer series only racing half the regional calander across both, but do it so each track is raced only once a year, this will ease the pressure for those with commitments, hopefully increase numbers for each meeting and keep the old school fun with something to look forward to and not just be another class at each regional and also halve the travelling costs, this will keep the winter n summer series seperate and the official points will still apply, all tracks raced n less pressure n cost n more to look forward to, i think only two or three have managed to attend all meetings by the end of this summer series so what your views dudes?

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: one persons suggestion for NORTHERN series
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 01:28 PM »
I can see where ya comin from but lets not include crewe at all!!

Could be some intresting thoughts in this post!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 01:33 PM »
Why don't you just race in the summer, let's you have a few months off over the winter to spend quality time with your better halfs and then come back in spring with the fire in your belly burning bright.

We've had the same issue in the south with too many races that it has become quite an expensive excercise to attend all the race in the series.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 01:34 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:
this is just meant to open a discussion and get NORTHERN views and hopefully wont digress into a slagothon due to misinterpetation of which region is being discussed as it states quite clearly NORTHERN in the title, i think once the NORTHERNERS have had thier say, then i would assume the tracks to be included and in which order would be put up for a discussion by the NORTHERN series riders :)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 01:36 PM »

Opps I'll keep my soft SOUTHERN nose out then.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 01:36 PM »
Why don't you just race in the summer, let's you have a few months off over the winter to spend quality time with your better halfs and then come back in spring with the fire in your belly burning bright.

We've had the same issue in the south with too many races that it has become quite an expensive excercise to attend all the race in the series.

it would be nice (my opinion) to do a couple over the winter season, but then again this depends on the riders views

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 01:39 PM »

Opps I'll keep my soft SOUTHERN nose out then.  :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol: no any input welcome, i started a thread before that was meant for the northern contingent and things got so outa hand n off track it was unfookinbelievafookinable, im just ensuring that people know what area i am talkin about this time as to not cause any confusion :LolLolLolLol:

moley

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 01:52 PM »
We are already under a Regional Umbrella!!

If we only race half of their Summer Series and Half of their Winter Series they might get a bit uppity and tell us to fook off!!! :shocked:

Now that we have a foot in the door we should try and make a go of it!!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 02:03 PM »
unfookinbelievafookinable  :2funny:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 02:13 PM »
We are already under a Regional Umbrella!!

If we only race half of their Summer Series and Half of their Winter Series they might get a bit uppity and tell us to fook off!!! :shocked:

Now that we have a foot in the door we should try and make a go of it!!!  :daumenhoch:

i know i know and you are right and they have been very good with us too, but like i said, i was just floating an idea

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 02:14 PM »
This... in 'principle' is an idea that needs some thought and I can see positive & negative points.

I am one of those who have this Summer 'struggled' for 'personal' reasons to make every round, sometimes its just not practical, so I can see the positives for reducing the No. of races.

BUT I can also see the point that Moley is putting across, the Northern Region have been good enough to accomodate the Old Skool Riders throughtout the Summer and have been really encouraging. One of the registration ladies remarked how good it was to see us all again and hoped that we would 'support' THEM at Manchester.

Last Winter Preston refused to put an Old School Gate on during the Winter Series, so we have come leaps and bounds in a few months, I concur with Moley's fear that should we suddenly decide to pick and choose which regionals we are gonna support then our presence might not be so welcomed.

This needs some thought, I'm happy to contact Northern Regional BMX officials to chat with them.

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 02:30 PM »
Hows about this..............

Leave it as is for both winter and summer but Moley has a yer round league
on his site with say 8 or so rounds over the year counting to final standings
on a Rad OS NORTHERN league   ??? ??? ???

That way if you can only make 8 over the whole year you have a better lookin
on the none offical standing Rad OS Northern League  :daumenhoch:

nishiki14

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 02:35 PM »
Sorry, another southerner nosing in here, I dont want to put any of my views across to you but I am following this thread quite closely coz we have the same problem in the south, have a look at my thread "Provisional Plans for OSS South 2009", you never know we might be able to help each other. :fart: :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 02:42 PM »
Interesting JT!!!!

Hmmm...............

For it to work you would have to take in each venue only once!!!

So if you raced Leeds in the Summer and Leeds in the Winter then you get the points for your best Leeds result.

I you only raced Leeds once then thats the score you get.

So you could make all venues in the summer and winter season by doing 6 venues in the summer and the remaining 2 in the winter making up all 8.

If you want to do more venues then thats up to you!!!

It would allow some members to miss Leeds in the summer knowing that they might make Leeds in the Winter to get the results.

Northern League 2008 (all venues must be raced at least once with your highest result at each venue counting towards your total points)

Does this make any sense.    It sounded good when my inner demon explained it to me!!! ???

Offline R Al

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 02:58 PM »
I'll just throw my two penneth worth into this debate. If we want to be taken seriously by the clubs we should commit to all the regional events winter and summer.  Its best 6 from 8 in the summer so you've got at least 2 weekends off anyway and besides most of us do it because we want to, the glory whores who want a title can go to all the races. We would still get a better turn out than some of the other classes whatever.  Besides BITD it was exactly the same, unless you had a sponsorship deal or a rich daddy you had to pick and chose the races you could get to so titles were out of the question. :rant: rant over
Also on a personal note I am a tart and doubt I will be doing that many of the winter races as I dont like the cold and the wet .   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 02:58 PM »
or you could just leave as is and drop 3 from eight rather than the 2 from 8 we have at the moment,  or do an average point system at the end of each series but this wouldnt work if some one raced once n won  :-\ fook it! ;D

Interesting JT!!!!

Hmmm...............

For it to work you would have to take in each venue only once!!!

So if you raced Leeds in the Summer and Leeds in the Winter then you get the points for your best Leeds result.

I you only raced Leeds once then thats the score you get.

So you could make all venues in the summer and winter season by doing 6 venues in the summer and the remaining 2 in the winter making up all 8.

If you want to do more venues then thats up to you!!!

It would allow some members to miss Leeds in the summer knowing that they might make Leeds in the Winter to get the results.

Northern League 2008 (all venues must be raced at least once with your highest result at each venue counting towards your total points)

Does this make any sense.    It sounded good when my inner demon explained it to me!!! ???

sounding bang on to me :daumenhoch: well done that man, as this would still keep the numbers up as the more races you do the better chance of upping you result by racing the tracks twice n keepin yer best result so those who can make more races hopefully feel the benefit :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 03:03 PM by OrgasmDonor »

moley

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 03:01 PM »
 :daumenhoch:

Offline R Al

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 03:06 PM »

So you would have to do ALL the events, what if you couldn't make one track winter or summer ? Or just wanted to race your local rounds ?

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 03:11 PM »
I would say 8, 9 or 10 from 16 and not have to do each track
at least one and then if one is just to far you can miss it out
twice and not get screwed over.

Would also be an idea to put a couple of the races in scotland
on the year round league or am I takin the piss now  ;D ;D ;D

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 03:12 PM »
I'll just throw my two penneth worth into this debate. If we want to be taken seriously by the clubs we should commit to all the regional events winter and summer.  Its best 6 from 8 in the summer so you've got at least 2 weekends off anyway and besides most of us do it because we want to, the glory whores who want a title can go to all the races. We would still get a better turn out than some of the other classes whatever.  Besides BITD it was exactly the same, unless you had a sponsorship deal or a rich daddy you had to pick and chose the races you could get to so titles were out of the question. :rant: rant over
Also on a personal note I am a tart and doubt I will be doing that many of the winter races as I dont like the cold and the wet .   :LolLolLolLol:

i think the racing for points is important as it keeps (me anyway) the motivation going, its easy just to let a few races slide when its for fun but if you have a way of being monitored or you have a goal, be it to win or simply to push your self that little bit harder, the points serve good purpose and hopefully help keep the number of racers high.

moley

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 03:15 PM »
I was just thinking out loud how a winter/summer series could work!!   :(

In reality you have pros and cons with any idea you come up with.

R Al is 100% right.  Its perfect at the moment!!!

If you want the points then you'll have to turn up.

If you just want to race then you'll turn up when you can!!!  :daumenhoch:

OS must have had the most Riders!!

There were a lot of classes that were understrength at Leeds.

So OS is doing very well really.

And its Officially recognised by our region!!!  :daumenhoch:

We should leave it be............................

Offline R Al

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 03:19 PM »
Totally agree with you OD, we should have points it makes you more competetive and gives you somehting to aim for claiming another posistion, but also nothing beats a good result on the day so unless you're winning by a country mile every race then you got something to strive for, also if you cant make all the rounds you gonna have to be on your game when you can make it  :daumenhoch:

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 07:28 PM »
I don't think there's anyway around staying with the regionals and taking your best results from 6. I have/will oly be able to make 4 this season, but if there was less races I may only have been able to make 2 or 3. If you are serious about being a top of the table competitor, you have to make the sacrifce. I thnk if there was any fewer races, then people may not think it's worth the effort. I do feel sorry for you guys that are always clocking up the miles though, so don't think I don't understand your issue cos it's a proper full day out each time.....except once.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  one persons suggestion for NORTHERN series

gfxgfx
gfx gfx