gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 06:49 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  HARTLEPOOL TRACK
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: HARTLEPOOL TRACK  (Read 78870 times)

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
Re: HARTLEPOOL TRACK
« Reply #1475 on: October 24, 2012, 08:36 PM »
Track is officially finished, might get up the hill Saturday morning if weather stays dry from now until then
Ride it like its stolen

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #1476 on: October 24, 2012, 08:46 PM »
There are photos kicking about on tinternet. I'm not on Fookface so haven't seen them yet ;)
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #1477 on: October 24, 2012, 10:28 PM »
Track is officially finished, might get up the hill Saturday morning if weather stays dry from now until then

Depend on Fridays intake :LolLolLolLol:

steveN

« Reply #1478 on: October 25, 2012, 08:44 AM »
The track is finished but is not open. The council have put notices up saying it is closed until it gets a chance to dry out. Please don't ride until it is officially open as it is too soft at the moment and damage will be caused..
Thank you

Steve
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:57 AM by steveN »

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #1479 on: October 25, 2012, 09:20 AM »
Fair enough  :daumenhoch:

can any one post pics on here from face book as i aint on the "house rocker" either  :)

Eddy

« Reply #1480 on: October 25, 2012, 11:17 AM »
Some pics robbed from FB

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #1481 on: October 25, 2012, 12:30 PM »
lookin good, heard adam n jack had a look round last week too

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #1482 on: October 25, 2012, 12:30 PM »
Jeez, those photos make the track look very appealing.  :-\

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #1483 on: October 25, 2012, 12:55 PM »
the roller after the first on 1st straight looks wrong, but will refrain from judgement until i see it for real. if it is too big (which it is  :LolLolLolLol:) what could be done about it? is there an option in place for tweaks?

Eddy

« Reply #1484 on: October 25, 2012, 01:36 PM »
In my experience during the last rebuild you never get it all right first time, there will always be tweaks and adjustments.  Its no complaint against the track builder per say, and I have seen the state of a lot of other tracks at this stage that make the concerns about Hartlepool pale into insignificance (as I am sure Mark will vouch for over at Eston!). 

It is “new new school” now but that only brings it up to date with everything else in the UK.  Folk were unsure about the 1st round of track mods we did in 2005 but in the end people grew to like it.  Also keep in mind everything looks massive and steep because its box fresh, all the clay mounds will settle and compact into shape over the coming months which will no doubt take the edge of things somewhat.  Plus you got a million kids and the pedals of a million Baracuda fully-aspension-innit bikes to do their job on the surface.

Eddy

« Reply #1485 on: October 25, 2012, 01:43 PM »
Those other pics make it look grim, here it is in more typical hartlepool weather

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #1486 on: October 25, 2012, 02:27 PM »
Just stay on the track cos if you go over the side it's a long way down  :LolLolLolLol:
Ride it like its stolen

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #1487 on: October 25, 2012, 08:23 PM »
that roller is not right to have before that massive thing at the end, the roller should be "implied" rather than "in yer face"

we are all familiar with new school tracks dude we race them all the time, only a few of the bikes are old school but we ride em new school and also have very open minds. We were all hoping for new new school (look at designs i put forward, they were technical as fook) the harder the better but new school tracks "flow" and it would be a crying shame if the roller is gonna spoil the first straight. the design for 40% (20% of that is the big thing at the end of 1st, which has been described by the builder as a jump thats not meant to be jumped  :idiot2:) of the track is far removed from the proposed design that was agreed upon in discussions, most of the changes, however, are logical. A huge gigantic bumpy mound at the end of a not very downhil straight with a speed impeading roller before it is pretty far removed from logical, just seems beyond absurd and a little egotistic on behalf of whoever thought it would be a good idea. sorry to air an opinion but i have the best interests of the track in mind and would be gutted on behalf of everybody if this is the case as the rest of the track looks sublime  :daumenhoch:

like i said before, i have not ridden it and the proof is gonna be in the riding but looking at it and making some common sense assumptions based on experience, the roller may kill it

:)

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #1488 on: October 25, 2012, 08:34 PM »
In my experience during the last rebuild you never get it all right first time, there will always be tweaks and adjustments.  Its no complaint against the track builder per say, and I have seen the state of a lot of other tracks at this stage that make the concerns about Hartlepool pale into insignificance (as I am sure Mark will vouch for over at Eston!). 

It is “new new school” now but that only brings it up to date with everything else in the UK.  Folk were unsure about the 1st round of track mods we did in 2005 but in the end people grew to like it.  Also keep in mind everything looks massive and steep because its box fresh, all the clay mounds will settle and compact into shape over the coming months which will no doubt take the edge of things somewhat.  Plus you got a million kids and the pedals of a million Baracuda fully-aspension-innit bikes to do their job on the surface.

It looks massive because it is. Box fresh or not the gaps aren't going to shrink and 4 or 5 inches off the top won't put a dent in this Behemoth. Fingers crossed all the new surface will be as good as the second straight, which looked awesome when I was crawling around on it last week.

On the down side, if you fall off the edge of the track you will probably die. The fall is ridiculous and I'm surprised the council has signed it off.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #1489 on: October 25, 2012, 08:42 PM »
is it new new school to have the jumps empty into the top of the berms?  ???

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #1490 on: October 25, 2012, 09:13 PM »

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #1491 on: October 25, 2012, 11:39 PM »
Makes Bradford look tame  :D

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #1492 on: October 25, 2012, 11:44 PM »
Your not wrong there chris
Ride it like its stolen

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #1493 on: October 26, 2012, 12:02 PM »
Makes Bradford look tame  :D

which aint a bad thing, if it flows  :daumenhoch:

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #1494 on: October 26, 2012, 12:14 PM »
That thing at the end of the 1st does look massive, as long as you can jump into it or out of it it might be ok, someone will always come along and boost the whole lot probably :)  . Maybe it's trying to be a Chula Vista triple so the Elite get big backside into the first corner.

We had a roller on the first straight at Blackpool that was too severe we just took the top off it when everyone agreed it just didn't flow, so that's always an option later .

The rest of it looks good. One point I have with a lot of new tracks is they build them for the Elite, so the younger kids have nothing to jump and progress on so eventually they get bored and go back to riding their scooters  :(   Manchester indoor is a prime example of this.    
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:34 PM by Haro82 »

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #1495 on: October 26, 2012, 04:19 PM »
That thing at the end of the 1st does look massive, as long as you can jump into it or out of it it might be ok, someone will always come along and boost the whole lot probably :)  . Maybe it's trying to be a Chula Vista triple so the Elite get big backsie into the first corner.

We had a roller on the first straight at Blackpool that was too severe we just took the top off it when everyone agreed it just didn't flow, so that's always an option later .

The rest of it looks good. One point I have with a lot of new tracks is they build them for the Elite, so the younger kids have nothing to jump and progress on so eventually they get bored and go back to riding their scooters  :(   Manchester indoor is a prime example of this.     

Exactly
Ride it like its stolen

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #1496 on: October 26, 2012, 07:42 PM »
When I had a stroll round rge track before tarmac etc

My first comment was its all very big,,,no where for youngsters to start at,,,,,,I still say the same now and I think there are going to be a lot of bad injuries too

ITS WAY TOO BIG ,,,,,

NO DOUBT IT WILL BE FINE FOR THE NATIONAL RACERS,,,,,JUST WAIT NOW AND WAIT FORTHE Cmments

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #1497 on: October 27, 2012, 05:30 PM »
Who signed this off?

Mr Magoo?

It's like a wedge of cheese across the exit. The exit on the second berm isn't much better.

There is nothing for the young kids to learn to jump on, everything is way too advanced for a lot of young riders. The gaps are huge with do or die landings.

And the jump at the end of the 1st straight is a complete joke, who ever thought that would work needs to go back to school.

On the positive side, it looks pumpadelic :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 05:48 PM by Ron '2elliot' Burgundy »

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #1498 on: October 27, 2012, 06:21 PM »
bren posted before i finished my few thoughts, that berm, EPIC  :daumenhoch:

dan-dare