gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:14 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  I took my boys riding to a skatepark, for the first time
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I took my boys riding to a skatepark, for the first time  (Read 574 times)

SaMAlex

A few weeks ago me and my boys went to visit my Mum. We went for a walk to the local play park and there was a little skatepark right next to it. This weekend we went to visit again so we all took our bikes. The park was kinda busy but not too bad. My boys did a good job of getting in everyones way while rolling round and having a great time. I Didnt just let them go totally loose. I held them back as best I could and only let them ride when it was close to clear, and for a few mins at a time. I even managed to have a little ride myself.

A taste of things to come, me hopes

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
Re: I took my boys riding to a skatepark, for the first time
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 08:28 AM »
They need the Alex Leech trademark white socks mate. Get it sorted.

jedi

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 08:38 AM »
where are their front brake lip tricks????

sweet man :4_17_5:

JT71

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 08:57 AM »
quality.

Caliper brakes keeping it "real" man.

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

does one have to wear the pink lid so you can remember which one is which?

(are they twins? one looks a bit older but maybe I'm not grasping the photo perspective)

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 09:02 AM »
Caliper brakes keeping it "real" man.
does one have to wear the pink lid so you can remember which one is which?
(are they twins? one looks a bit older but maybe I'm not grasping the photo perspective)

There is exactly a year between them. Beau is younger (with the blue helmet) and he has got cycling sorted before Gabe, who still wont keep his pedals on even tho he can totally cycle. He even coasts round, standing up with his feet up on the chainguard!

Not just any caliper brakes, check out the levers! I took off the awful plastic levers that came on their bikes and the only levers I had 4 of (they HAD to be the same) were silver tech3s!

zed4130

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 09:06 AM »
cool alex, get em started young,  :4_17_5: coral gets her new bmx in about 3 weeks time, she loves bmx, although she still loves her old jnrfox, ill have to prize that away,  :LolLolLolLol: keep it up mate, and yeah weres the socks  ;)  and TT pad  :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 09:07 AM »
cool levers? check

cool names? check?

cool dad? check

right let's hit the skate park.

:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

jedi

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 09:09 AM »
question is,did dad ride too and did the kids watching suddenly realise what a front brake is   :daumenhoch: :smitten:

SaMAlex

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 09:21 AM »
question is,did dad ride too and did the kids watching suddenly realise what a front brake is   :daumenhoch: :smitten:

I did have a few go's on the mini. My boys just wanted to get up there with me. There was one bloke there who was good (and a nice too) but was all brake and peg less. I had a run and I over heard him saying to some other kids (who must have just said something) that its "cos Ive got a front brake", and "how good nosepics look with one, nice and relaxed". I even managed a few of the new trick I did at rom last week; disaster to canadian. But it was quite a small mini ramp.

Bushwacked

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 10:44 AM »
Nice!!  They are going to be way too cool for school :daumenhoch:

Can't wait to get my girls on the bikes - need to get my 4yr old a bike with pedals so I can give her bike to my 1yr old. Then we'll be ready to roll!!!!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 10:49 AM by Bushwacked »

jedi

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 10:48 AM »

I did have a few go's on the mini. My boys just wanted to get up there with me. There was one bloke there who was good (and a nice too) but was all brake and peg less. I had a run and I over heard him saying to some other kids (who must have just said something) that its "cos Ive got a front brake", and "how good nosepics look with one, nice and relaxed". I even managed a few of the new trick I did at rom last week; disaster to canadian. But it was quite a small mini ramp.

:4_17_5: :4_17_5:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 02:22 PM »
Ha ha!  I hope you showed the locals what to expect from them both in the future  :LolLolLolLol:

They look like Alex Mini Me's, I'm sure they will be just as Rad  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 08:03 PM »
Great pics Alex  - I cant wait to go for a bike ride with my little Daisy when she's big enough. Superb.

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 08:43 PM »
looks fun alex  :)

i showed my littleun how to stick stickers on his helmet, now he thinks everythings a sticker and tries to put business cards, receipts etc on his helmet!

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 09:03 PM »
Al, you have two "mini me's" right there

good on em for having a go (Emma just learnt to scoot this bike type thing we have here, she cant walk yet lol)

:) DINGO :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  I took my boys riding to a skatepark, for the first time

gfxgfx
gfx gfx