gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 11:52 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Dagenham Today
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dagenham Today  (Read 4261 times)

dialledbikes

Dagenham Today
« on: July 20, 2008, 07:23 PM »
Almost 8pm and no post about it yet?!  :wtf:  ;)

Who made the A-final in 40+?

Who else won what?

What's the story (morning glory)?

I'm getting withdrawal symptoms as I couldn't race today!

se

Re: Dagenham Today
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 07:32 PM »
Well I'm saying nowt because I was rough as a badger's arse all day. Didn't really try and was like a stroppy child. Other than that, another well organised day's racing at Daggers, thanks all.  :)

Kev won the 40+ I remember that much.

wolfybmx

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 07:37 PM »
hey mike 40+ as follows

kev 1st
kieth 2nd
phil 3rd
darren 4th
billy 5th
harvey 6th
rungay 7th
spillers 8th

both me and kev had heavy crashes in our moto's but still pulled it out the bag for a clear 123 finish with kieth

Twatty

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 07:38 PM »
Im keen to know 40+ results also as did not go due to stil being injured. Nice one Kev, but did Bill get the 43 odd points he needed to get in front of me, (3rd place or there abouts)? Did Phil manage to beat his next best result giving me a bigger deficit to get in front of him? What happened to Jon & Keith, sounds interesting........

Twatty

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 07:40 PM »
Bugger. Going to make you hard for me to get in front of now Phil after that 3rd...... Should be fit for Bournemouth, so all down to that now, if I can muster a 2nd or 3rd by the look of it......

spillers#1

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 07:43 PM »
I spent the day mostly scrapping and banging bars with lee harrison paul rungay  :buck2: made the A final yipeee!got gate 8 (f**kin hate being right out there)  :( got a bit scrappy in 1st berm (te-harve and stupple) but was another mad final  :daumenhoch:

Poor old kev hit the deck in one of his moto's,in another moto darren boughton stuffed it up the inside of phil on the last berm with phil ending up eating gravel  :shocked:

All in all though it was another mad day in the 40+ and really enjoyed myself  :daumenhoch: didn't want to go if i'm honest but glad i did now  ;)

wolfybmx

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 07:45 PM »
40+ points from daggers matt

kev 48
kieth 48
phil 43
darren 39.5
billy 34

data from official print out at end of meeting

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 07:47 PM »
I think there were 167 riders which is pretty damn good considering there was an East Anglia Regional on too which kept them carrot-crunchers away.  Started at 1:00ish and finished before 5:00 so well run meeting.  Track was a bit rough and bare in places and certainly accounted for a few stacks.  40+ was highly entertaining as was Masters.  Humps

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 07:51 PM »
Don`t worry Matt I`m not going to Bournemouth anyway so your place is safe, untill next season that is  :LolLolLolLol:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

thecrooch

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 07:53 PM »
11 of us in the OS, Zippy was getting quite moist at the opportunity to win his first Regional which was then taken away at the last moment by Bernie Scha... something or other...

anyway he normally races 30-39 cruiser on a blue supercross and spanked all our arses on very beautiful early 80's Elf....   but yes Zippy still gets the points...

Results

A
Bernie S
Zippy
Hooga
Crooch
Nishiki
Fiolas Lovechild
Diamond Dean
Mr Magoo

B
SE
Eloopnai

Xtreme Pervert "wont race unless makes A Final"

dialledbikes

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 07:54 PM »
Interesting 40+ A-final line-up and results.  I assume Jon Moore wasn't at this one?  Well done Kev on the win and on Roonga making his first A-final this season  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 07:55 PM »
gutted i couldn't make it today.......my bro arranged a big family bash at the last bloody minute!

just cos he's amergrating to NZ!   >:(

steve price

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 07:57 PM »
 Who won 30-39 and masters ?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 07:59 PM »
Great A-final with Bernie, really had to dig dep and up my game somewhat but still managed to give him a very close run.

Just glad he isn't in the OSSS :LolLolLolLol:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 08:03 PM »
Who won 30-39 and masters ?

I think it was Tre White in the 30-39 Cruisers, and Martin Parker tripled in his motos and won the final with Nigel White in second  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 08:12 PM by billstup »

Twatty

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 08:04 PM »
Knew you were not going to B-Mouth Bill but was still worried in case I dont make make it for what ever reason. Would come to Rad, but only back form holiday on the Saturday night, so will going to the regional, seeing as I will have missed the Saturday night party at Rad, and its 30 miles further to MK.

Phil - Think you have it then. I will have to win every moto and get 2nd in the final to get ahead of you at the last regional, as I have to make up 12.5 points meaning I have to score 45 to manage that. Not impossible but unlikely, & hell im gonna try. If not its been fun chasing you anyway, and enjoyed the banter. Got injured at the wrong time I think, as may have helped my cause a bit today, and left less of a deficit to make up at the last meeting... Roll on the brits and next year.....

thecrooch

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 08:09 PM »
Martin Parker nipped it on the line to win Masters... (i think)

martin1970

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 08:15 PM »
Maters, was a blast today, great drag race down the last straight.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 08:16 PM »
by Bernie Scha... something or other...
That's Bernie Schale wearing Todd Lyons' USA shirt from the 2000 Worlds.  Reckon he might do the Brits in OS too.  How good would that be to see him go up against Jai Kemp!!  Humps

Rooonga

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2008, 08:20 PM »
Pobably the best 40+ final for ages - was really mental, and cant believe that none of us went down.

Really chuffed to make the A final - Very late in the year, but I am chuffed to bits!

Can't wait to see the points.

And I have done enough now to qualify for the brits, so can have some fun on the old schoolbike again! Woohoo!! (Although wayy to late in the season :( )

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 08:37 PM »
by Bernie Scha... something or other...
That's Bernie Schale wearing Todd Lyons' USA shirt from the 2000 Worlds.  Reckon he might do the Brits in OS too.  How good would that be to see him go up against Jai Kemp!!  Humps

old Bernie gonna race OS at the Brits what is he clipping in  ;D , sadly i won't be racing the OS at the Brits this year just MK08 so tell him to get his arse there

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 08:43 PM »
Jai, Bernie was changing shoes after every race  :LolLolLolLol:

dialledbikes

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2008, 09:09 PM »
Is Bernie gonna keep the clips on when he joins us in 40+ next season?  I might have to dig my old MTB disco slippers out and get used to them over winter if he is  ;)

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 09:15 PM »
Is Bernie gonna keep the clips on when he joins us in 40+ next season?  I might have to dig my old MTB disco slippers out and get used to them over winter if he is  ;)

will 40+ have more clipsters than 30-39 class in 2009  ;D ;D

Rooonga

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2008, 09:30 PM »
Clips just aint the thing for 40+ or am I completely off track here?

I'd hate to see us old men clipping in.

Be a sad day when I see someone clipping in for the 40+, I'll prob go back to old school if that happens regularly.  :rant:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Dagenham Today

gfxgfx
gfx gfx