gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 05:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Do you know what I love about BMX?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Do you know what I love about BMX?  (Read 339 times)

Bushwacked

Do you know what I love about BMX?
« on: July 18, 2008, 07:42 PM »
I wasn't really sure what to expect when I got invited to Corby many moons ago to try BMXing.

Now I've got my own bike and I'm out twice a week I'm loving it. Especially loving pushing boundaries and conquering fears. Just rad Spesh's post about facing fears and I realised it don't matter what level you are at or how quickly you are progressing there is always something that will push you. I'm a proper newbie having not riden a BMX BITD so all this is new but everyone should be made to try it!!!!

Just had to share! (Might be the 4 hours sleep and long drive today with a stinker of a hangover which is making me what to share this but I don't care!)

spesh

Re: Do you know what I love about BMX?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 08:31 PM »
nice one fella im 40 and still learning,dont care what peeps think im at the age that if i dont do it now i never will
we never had spine ramps bitd so that was a major hurdle for me i kept saying to myself"youve got the bike and the gear youve overcome the embarressment of riding a "kids"bike(totally unwarranted of course)and this is what you came to do,now f#cking get on with it!" and im so glad i did it.
still gotta crack those aerials yet, thats my main goal is to get some air above the coping like my old school idols

Bushwacked

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 08:35 PM »
Yeah - that's the thing - everytime I go I try and do something I've not done before - some small and others a real big step forward, but its a really good feeling when you do it.

I just need now to stop fannying around wasting time psyching myself up (or out of it) and just do it!

jedi

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 09:12 PM »
its been cool watching you progress dude!
the bmx train is in motion,get on and enjoy the ride :daumenhoch:

Bushwacked

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 09:24 PM »
Yeah - still can't believe its taken me this long to buy a ticket  :2funny:

jedi

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 09:26 PM »
but you jumped on this crazy train   :smitten:

spesh

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 11:34 PM »
im on the next train to transcentral.............woowooo...klf hu huh

Trev

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 12:09 AM »
nice one B. glad you're enjoying the ride.
i for one, am desperate to learn to air. when i got back into riding, about two years ago, the only thing i wanted to do was to air. i didn't care about any of the flatland tricks i had spent half my life perfecting.

two years on, i am still trying to find me bo***cks to go for it properly. okay, i've managed to get out the top a few times, but not what i call properly. hopefully i'll achieve my goal before i hang up my knee pads for good.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Do you know what I love about BMX?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx