gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 11:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Winstanleys ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Winstanleys ?  (Read 941 times)

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
Winstanleys ?
« on: July 17, 2008, 02:25 PM »
I'm planning to order a Pit Bike from Winstanley's, in WIgan. It's by far the cheapest option cost-wise.

However, I have heard they are not very good with delivering stuff or customer service,

Are they really that bad ???  :-\ 

they only charge £3.99 to deliver a complete bike too !!  :shocked:

What's the story....in Balamory ?

MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: Winstanleys ?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 02:29 PM »
I know you've only got ickle legs Matt but would'nt it still be a bit big ?  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 02:40 PM »
call them first Matt as they're terrible for not having things in stock! 

how much cheaper are they and who are they cheaper then? 

Longun

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 02:46 PM »
I've found they're OK if they have what you want in stock (and that's genuinely in stock, not just what their website says as it's often not right) but they seem to take ages for things that aren't.

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 02:52 PM »

Rob,

They're doing the Haro Nyquist 16-Teen for £109 (it's last year's model, but it's 60 quid off the RRP), next cheapest I could find was £145 !

Yeah, think I'll call em up to make sure they're in stock

Matt
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 02:57 PM »
call em and go for it, if they have in stock then bobs your uncle!  lots of people have had good dealings with them, not me though but you pays ya money and take your choice  :daumenhoch:

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 03:02 PM »
as above call to make sure its in stock and you shouldnt have any probs :daumenhoch:

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 03:03 PM »
lets see what they say,

It looks pretty good value, and a great fisrt BMX for my 5 year old. (yeah, Matty-Dub, it'll be too big for me ! LOL !!)

thanks for the replies  :daumenhoch:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

bof

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 03:34 PM »
Call them to make sure its in stock, if they ask if they can ring you back tell them no you want to wait. They have done this a few times to me and never rang back. :wtf:

magna13

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 04:17 PM »
i agree that you should ring them  :daumenhoch:

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 04:23 PM »
spoke to the Northen Monkeys, yep they got em in stock !!  :)
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

magna13

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 04:27 PM »
get one  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 05:22 PM »

matt they are fooking heavy mate for a 5 year old, i got a mongoose for the daughter and its just to heavy for here, so got her a haro race bike instead

Offline Gtbill

• Cherry Picker
  • To fast to go slow
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 06:55 PM »

Rob,

They're doing the Haro Nyquist 16-Teen for £109 (it's last year's model, but it's 60 quid off the RRP), next cheapest I could find was £145 !

Yeah, think I'll call em up to make sure they're in stock

got my lad that haro smart little bmx  its not that heavy  he is only 5 and loves it :daumenhoch:
Gtbill for all your watch and Jewellery needs

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 07:37 PM »
For very good reason, which i cant be arsed explaining here right now, i HATE wankstanleys. I will NEVER buy form them again EVER, and havent done  since their horrendous customer 'service' with me 3 or 4 years ago. Avoid if you can is my advice.

Trev

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 11:33 PM »
For very good reason, which i cant be arsed explaining here right now, i HATE wankstanleys. I will NEVER buy form them again EVER, and havent done  since their horrendous customer 'service' with me 3 or 4 years ago. Avoid if you can is my advice.

totally agree with steve here.  i have posted my reasons for hating winstanleys before and can't be bothered to post it again.
needless to say, I would never ever buy from them again. their customer service is sh*te. all well and good IF they have the products you want in stock and it gets to you in pristine condition. Unfortunately my purchase didn't arrive in pristine condition and they were totally uninterested in sorting it out.
Also don't think by phoning them and them confirming they have the goods in stock is good enough either. A well respected RAD member once ordered a frame that they were told was in stock when he phoned them up. So he paid up and ordered it. After a week or so, it still hadn't turned up. When he phoned back to see what was going on, they then told him they were waiting for the distributors to send it to them. Well over a month later (it may have actually been 2 or nearly 3 months) they finally sent him the frame but the wrong top tube size. When he phoned up to complain, they just said that's the only one they got in. Fooking outrageous.
I very rarely slate bad service as it could just be a one off, but having received bad service off them myself first hand and heard so many other horror stories, i would never give them a single penny ever again.

macky

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 12:26 AM »

I have also had too many bad experiences with Winstanleys, posted them on here a few times...

if you are going to use them, as everyone else has already said, phone them... BUT...

when you ask them if they have it stock... and if they say yes... tell them your coming straight in to pick it up...

( they are notorious for telling ppl the have the item in stock, and then ordering it themselves!!
 and thats comes from a mate who worked there!! )

if they then say yes, tell them you've changed your mind, you would like them send it out to you!!!

pain in the @rse, i know, but they've told me they plenty of times they have stuff in stock, then i waited weeks,

even months!!!

KGB Matt

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 06:11 AM »
They are Sh^t .   :rant:

I ordered a stem that was listed as in stock waited 3 weeks to get an e-mail saying they were waiting for delivery .  :angrysoapbox: :idiot2:

2 Months later i cancelled the order.

Matt

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 03:36 PM »
As much as I love Wigan and have very, very fond memries of certain parts of Wigan, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES would I ever attempt to purchase from Winstanley's again, they seem to employ complete numptey's who lie and then lie about lying; TOSSERS  :-X.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

macky

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 05:19 PM »
Ok, I wasn't going to post any of my bad experiences with them.......  but just one eh...

I ordered a Lever over the phone... assured me they not only had it in stock, they had it in front of them!!

I waited 2 MONTHS!! I cancelled the order... a month later it turned up!!  :idiot2:

I'd say shop some where else dude!!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 05:59 PM by DaveMc. »

sonic-1

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 05:37 PM »
well first time i ordered off em i called as didnt trust puter for money transactions ordered 14t acs fat claw freewheel n shadow seat was told all in stock no prob , they took payment , 2 weeks later no stuff arived so phoned em was told the freewheel out of stock n they wernt getin any for a while n they were waitin for seat from distrbuters !!!!!! was not happy
2 weeks later seat turned up with a 16t freewheel so sent it back with them to pay postage  :tickedoff:
then the wife ordered some orchid trainers for my bithday last year inj stock on web site in stock when she phoned 2 wks later to find out wtf they were to be told errr sorry we not had those for ages !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so even phonin yer carnt count on yer order arriving :tickedoff:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 05:57 PM »
 Winstanleys have been crap for years.Maybe they`re part of Halfords......

thecrooch

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 07:36 PM »
Unfortunately BMX doesn't seem to have any particularly good mail order shops, for MTB chain reaction are head and shoulders above anyone else. Next day delivery is the norm oh and delivery is free! Bow that's service. Oh and they do have some BMX items. Wheels etc - they are cheapest around for wheel builds as well.
Shame someone can't seem to replicate this service for MTB.

thecrooch

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 07:37 PM »
Sorry I mean BMX

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 10:06 PM »
I tried to spend 2.5K on a MTB with them and could fookers like get any where............feckin useless !!!!!!!!!

Rang up in the morning and the guy said they had the one I wanted in stock two hours later phoned back and the guy said it would need to be ordered from the manufacturer...... :Aresehole:

I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Winstanleys ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx