gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 04:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden today!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hersden today!!!!  (Read 4187 times)

mr.magoo

Re: Hersden today!!!!
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 02:13 PM »
Ohhhh .... Hard one to comment on, if you took me out , no not fair, you didn't so ?.... really i would say i did see your front wheel coming at me while i was in the berm, so pedalled earlier than i would normally to try and get past before it made contact, unfortunately Neil was following in my tyre tracks, so he got it, (he's another dark horse to watch out for).  As the move did not make any difference to my finishing i'll be tactful and say it was ambitious.....but in reality, we've all tried it, and not like its pre-meditated, just trying what ever you can to make up places. But do have to admit not much of that went on bitd when i was racing, apart from at nationals, like at Wigan in the semis i was in 2nd, Dean Idiols completely t boned me in last berm, which was silly as he was in third and qualified, i came last afetr picking myself back up.... so for me i know we do it, but not a favourite move for me to do or have done on me.... but racings racin, last word,,,, ambitious. :LolLolLolLol: :4_17_5:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 02:16 PM »
I was desperately trying to get into first and was trying anything and everything. As most people will tell you it's not normally my style but there's a championship on the line for me and I'd love to win it.  ;)

mr.magoo

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008, 02:24 PM »
Zips, not a problem, like i said once the gates down its racing, part of the reason i gave up when i hit 16 was cos t-bones became acceptable and so did elbows, for me it was about non contact and technique and power .... which was easy for me to say back then cos i had plenty of that, but likewise, people didn't like it if i jumped over or past them at buckmore, said it was scary seeing a pedal and wheels rushing past their helmets.... for me, would've been more dangerous to try to keep it down at racing speed (and thats why i'm really dubious about hernebay). Its the competitiveness in all of us that drives us to try things that perhaps in hindsight we wouldn't normally....i remember coming off in the first corner at Buckmore with Chris Potter, we were arch rivals at the time, he got up before me got to the "kong" before me, tried to cover my line, so i just went to jump over him, but hit him in the back with my front wheel did a forward flip nearly killed myself then got disqualified for it....but again not thinking, just wanting the points.

We live to battle again ... alls fair in love and war ... unless i'm injured and can't work...thats when the crazyness gets out of hand for all of us.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2008, 02:43 PM »
I think this year alone we've had a few broken bones, but as a general rule the racing is close but very fair because we all need to go to work to pay the mortgage.

Have to say that was the most 'ambitiuos' move I've ever made and my wife gave me hell for pulling it.  :LolLolLolLol:

mr.magoo

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2008, 02:56 PM »
Like you say mate, hungary for points ... understandable, but what if? what if that had been me being ambitious? how would you feel then, specially if i lunged up the inside and we both wiped out. Thats why i say its acceptable because we want to win, we just don't consiously choose to make thoose moves ...... UNLIKE the guy on the jump bike in cruisers, who got blocked out in the first corner then in my view went for the ultimate payback in berm two. That was kinda reafirmed by his own voicings at the finish line.

Now THAT is deffo NOT acceptable in any way shape or form in my book, that was just spoil sport aggression coming out and i think that had been pre-concieved all the way down the second straight.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2008, 03:04 PM »
I'd have disqualified him if I'd been in charge. He cut the track to block the other rider. The funny thing is he winged and moaned when I took the racing line into the first corner and he had to brake during practice. I thought that was quite amusing.

mr.magoo

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2008, 03:09 PM »
Thats basically what happened to him in the final he carried too much speed into the first berm railed it, other guy got underneath and kept him up there, nothing wrong with that, no different to moe and adam a couple of races back in masters, all you have to do is back off cut down the inside job done, if you can get the grip (hence my broom stick action) But what he did was out rageous, when he crossed the finish line he was ranting about the other guy deserving it he had a face like thunder .... i don't think there is any call for that in BMX racing, if you can't handle the very most basic of racing manoeuvres don't race! and certainly don't go out to take someone out.

mr.magoo

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 03:24 PM »
Any how thats enough on the subject of ambitious moves, cos for one, i don't want to be a hypocrite, cos i know at some point it is human nature that it'll be me getting desperate and pushing myself too hard, (remember my first A final) and i can remember all the hype about 796 and Billy in the winter series.

And for two, cos it didn't affect me, but Neil Thwaites. so thats it off me soap box now, not that i was preaching anyway.

anyhow we've come off the subject of Hersden -  video of Old skool A and B final available to watch  etc etc.....

great racing can't wait for August and hopefully my Hyper......roll on :smitten:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2008, 03:26 PM »
I'm looking forward to our battles for the rest of the year. Should be nice and close.

I'm not racing at Hersden next year so you'll have to grab yourself a cruiser and join us at regionals.  ;)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 03:32 PM »
and 2 Hypers in the line up!   :daumenhoch:

just been polishing mine and she's sparkling!!   :daumenhoch:

mr.magoo

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2008, 03:33 PM »
Yep, really looking forward to the rest of the season, wife's seeing how happy its making me and how motivated i am in myself since i found racing again, as life was geting a bit of a drag, so all i've gotta do now is stop spending on bikes, so bank ballance gets better, then hopefully get to race winter series, as really trying to talk her into getting me a cruiser for Xmas, then ideally i'd like to do both next year, but would have to work on fitness cos get off one straight onto the other, with out the chance of a fag inbetween ... aint gonna happen!!

Mind after 1 lap on Wolfys cruiser think i may well be smitten, be very interesting to see how much easier a cruiser is over a full distance track, may be pushed into cruiser regional and old skool local...

who knows...when women are involved anything can happen, so not even gonna get my hopes up as far as daggers let alone beyond that......although does help that warlocks sister is my mother in-law and their going to Daggers to see Warlock, so lots of angles to be worked on to keep me in racing.

mr.magoo

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2008, 03:35 PM »
Pickle....are you gonna have it built for Daggers?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2008, 03:37 PM »
You could do what I did and get her out on the track and racing. My wife Sara really liked it and is looking forward to the next round at Hersden now. I was surprissed at how quick she was and competitive. My fingers are crossed for regionals for he next year.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2008, 03:39 PM »
Mind after 1 lap on Wolfys cruiser think i may well be smitten

Hands off I've already bought it.  :LolLolLolLol:

mr.magoo

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2008, 03:40 PM »
Yeah tried that, got the other lad i brings mum onto track, but my wife had a go round on my redline a few weeks back, liked it but is scared of the gate, and obviously being watched and making a fool of herself, gonna keep working on it.

xtremepervert

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2008, 04:52 PM »
 ;D Magoo, I thought you told me you worked 16 - 18 hour days sometimes. I wish I had a job like yours, spending all afternoon on here!!!  ::)

mr.magoo

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2008, 04:59 PM »
cheeky - day off, but not from the missus list of jobs...anyway now i have a new hobby instead of being work most of the time, if hops running good only have to do that twice a week now ...  happy days!!!!!!

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2008, 05:17 PM »
Si even tho you took me out (im kiddin), I actually prefer a few elbows and suspect moves.  It makes it more fun.  Although, If i was say at the Brits in the main, id probably think different  :D.  But Sunday was fun and Neil got a good win :)
Neil

Longun

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2008, 05:28 PM »
Still waiting to take delivery of the lilac longun!!

??? Where am I being delivered to? and when did I change colour?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2008, 05:43 PM »
Pickle....are you gonna have it built for Daggers?

no it won't be ready for Sunday mate......MK will be it's maiden voyage  :daumenhoch:

mr.magoo

« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2008, 07:21 PM »
no worries mate, just fancied a sneak preview before mine gets here.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2008, 08:08 PM »
no worries mate, just fancied a sneak preview before mine gets here.

could always bring the f+f along for ya to look at mate  :daumenhoch:

mr.magoo

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2008, 08:48 PM »
thanks for the offer, but not to worry, just fancied a quick lap to see how the geometry felt. cheers anyway .. sees ya there.

thecrooch

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2008, 09:53 PM »
yeah his thinking was that because mike wong took the racing line on teh first berm and rode him up it he was justified in basically aiming his front end directly at mike on the second berm.    he was gracious afterwards but only in that he felt what he did was fair... no one else did....

but then saying that I was leading into the same berm in my second moto when spillers did the same with Mike Wong above me, got totally squashed and felt a bit peaved about it managed to hang on to second ahead of spillers but then rubbin' is racin'  - lets just say spillers card is marked...

check out the pics ive just listed to see the tyre marks from spillers on my forks!!!

crooch

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden today!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx