gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 04:18 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden today!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hersden today!!!!  (Read 4185 times)

jazzyje

Hersden today!!!!
« on: July 13, 2008, 06:27 PM »
thanks to all who came and took part in a great race today.top weather and top action in some stacked classes.sorry about the delay in between the motos but it was just the amount of riders that needed to be got through.many thanks to our race sponsor cyclelife for the great trophies.
  zippys unbeaten run has come an end at hersden.it was bound to happen once mr magoo got himself a decent ride.for those that dont know neil from back in the day,he was virtually unbeatable with only wayne llewelyn who would beat him most of the time.zippy done everything he could with some dubious berm moves but was soundly beaten by the ever improving neil.shame the genie decided at that moment to pack in as i'm sure tony would have made mincemeat of him on the mic.cracking racing though and i'm sure zippy will try his best to remedy this crushing defeat.he was gutted and said as much to me.neils thinking of going to dagg on sunday and getting a cruiser for next season so 30/39 should be interesting.
   great to see so many new faces with loads of new kids and their mum and dads too.mums race was great.owen baxter riding up an age group and still managing to bring it home in 2nd is testament to how much he's improved.even jumping the 1st set with ease.
   many thanks to the volunteers who helped out with moto sheets/finish line etc.without you all helping out like you do we just wouldnt be able to run the races.see you on the 10th august,justin.

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Re: Hersden today!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 07:00 PM »
yep another really good days racing and great weather too :)
Neil

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 07:03 PM »
Sorry I missed it guys, sounds like you had a blast. be back soon though :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

dialledbikes

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 07:06 PM »
A big thanks to Justin, Tony and the rest of the Hersden crew for putting on another fun event.  Third time there for me and always fun.

No shame on Zippy losing his winning streak as he lost to a very good rider who would probably have won the Masters class if he'd entered.

Loved seeing the moves in the berms.  From my point of view, as long as they're not blatant t-bones and nobody gets injured, then anything goes as far as I'm concerned.  Adds to the fun/excitement.

And well done to the oldest cruiser rider there taking the win against 2 finalists whose combined age was less than his own age.  Phil got the job done again in his usual efficient style  :daumenhoch:

wolfybmx

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 07:31 PM »
a big thanx to justin and tony for putting on a great event.  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: tony's commentary just gets better with all the one liners and facts and figures about the riders.

i have missed racing at hersden due to nationals this year but it was a great day and a lot of new faces at hersden today who all seemed to enjoy the best grass roots racing in the south.

well done to every one today every one is a winner :daumenhoch:

a very relaxed day with great weather and company from all the riders and mum's and dad's.  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 07:35 PM by wolfybmx »

mr.magoo

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 07:51 PM »
Excellent days racing, always have a great time at hersden (albeit only my third race back).  Tony and Justin do a brilliant job as do all the other volunteers.

In terms of my win, can't take all the credit, i had a corner of the eye's view of Zippy's start, and being honest he was only just getting up on to ballance as the light sequence started, so i did have a bit of an advantage out of the gate. Other than that don't know how the rest of the race went, apart from seeing someones front wheel coming up the inside in the second berm.

Lots of great racing, and as Justin says feel so much more comfortable with every bike i try.

But at the end of the day it was a great day, and it takes everybody who turned up to make it that way.

Thanks for a great day!!! :smitten:

Twinkle

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 08:20 PM »
Thanks Justin and TK for a great day at Hersden  and you booked the sunshine yet again so even better  :)  Am gutted we cant make the 14 September it sounds like an absolutely fantastic event.

Sharon xxx

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 08:36 PM »
Even though I came second I had one of the best days racing ever.

Massive highlight for me was my wife Sara taking second in the Senior Womens race. Having never sat on a bmx before let alone ride round a track I thought she did an amazing job. She's already said she wants to race again at the remaining Hersden rounds and has even made positive noises about regionals next year.  :daumenhoch:

Neil beat me fair and square and he'll be tough competition for the rest of the rounds. It'll be interesting to see how he manages on a bigger track.  ;)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 08:40 PM »
Sounds like a cracking day!  hope to see you all next Sunday at Daggers  :daumenhoch:

sonic-1

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 08:41 PM »
a huge thanks to justin and tony and all who helped make this such a realy great days racing  :smitten: allways have such a great time at hersden , allways look forward to hersden meets as its such a great day
well done to Mr magoo neil whos gettin quicker all the time , zippster  may be a little gutted but he had a horror start im sure it would have been closer if he had his useual good one !!!!! roll on next time
but neil yer did good today n so did all who took part , some real close racin today !!! :daumenhoch:
ta much to all that make it what it is

mr.magoo

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 08:43 PM »
100% Zips will have to cut back on the 40 a day if i'm gonna make it round a full length track. :LolLolLolLol:
 i tend to be very tentative until i get to know a track, so if i get to Daggers sunday, be more of a fun thing and getting
to know the track for next year. Hopefully see you all there.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 08:45 PM »
did you do it on the Hyper mate? 

mr.magoo

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 08:49 PM »
No i borrowed Sonics Group 1 for this race, so far 3 different races and 5 different bikes, Still waiting to take delivery of the lilac longun!!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 08:50 PM »
cool, should taje delivery of my one tomorrow  :daumenhoch:

mr.magoo

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 08:54 PM »
cool, bet yer lookin forward to getting that out at daggers then, don't think mine will be here in time, if i get to daggers.

but once again thanks for the help with helping me get the Purple pimpernel  :LolLolLolLol:

hooga1975

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 09:01 PM »
It was great seeing Mr Magoo after only 3 races take the no.1 spot  off Zippy, who hasn't lost there for a long time (and dont we all know it :LolLolLolLol:)
He is going to be real quick once he has been round a full size track a few times and got his fitness back.

Well done Tony, Justin and the rest off the crew for another fantastic meeting, see you all in August

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 09:03 PM »
Was another great day of fun and action at Kent's best little track.  Big props to the crew who ran it and for all thos who took part.  Good to see the Dubriders join us on their springy thingys to add support to the Cruiser class making 16 entries all told in that group alone.  Fifteen in OS meant semis in both.  Lots of new faces and glad to catch up with the Godden's who are moving to Kent from the Lincoln area - Peterborough's loss will be our gain.  The meeting in September should be a classic in aid of Cancer Research and hopefully it will be possible to raise a huge amount for a charity that is dealing with such a terrible disease that is obviously close to my heart.  Might see you at the next one unless we pop down to Cornwall for the Regional there that weekend - decision will be made nearer the time.  Humps

se

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 09:11 PM »
Great day again, well organised as ever and still shocked I got let out to play on the wedding anniversary. Just one low point was ripping a hole in the JT gloves. Off for a good cry now.  :2funny:

eloopnai

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 09:20 PM »
superb day at hersden well done to those who organised it for us :daumenhoch:

looking forward to the next one

TK The Mic

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 08:21 AM »
82 riders and our best meeting of 2008. Great to see the Cruisers out in force yesterday, with Martin Bullock and his mates turning up en masse, really made for some great racing, nice one guys  :daumenhoch:
Old Skool as usual was lively, and a briliant final, well done to Neil for his win and to Zippy for graciously taking his first race loss of 2008.
Plenty of action in the other groups as well, in all 24 riders were racing for the first time this year. Make sure you are back on August 10th .
PMs will be sent out to as many rad members as possible regarding Sep 14 over the next few weeks. Will it be our biggest turnout ever?
Hopefully the generator will be ok for next time >:(

tk

jazzyje

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 08:56 PM »
some pics of my lot.and a pic of toby on the coolest bike on the planet.

mr.magoo

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 01:15 PM »
Got DVD of final, good race, I underestimated zippy's readiness, had to watch frame by frame, But Zipps actually beat me out of the gate!!! So did Region 11... anybody wants to have a watch let me know how, and i'll get it posted on here. Really looking forward to Daggers now, got some work to do on gates though as well as stamina .. and after watching the moto's Old skool is really close... ohhh can't wait to be let out to play more often.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 01:46 PM »
I thought my start was terrible but the video will be worthwhile seeing.

mr.magoo

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 01:50 PM »
yeah i thought the same, cos the last thing i saw before my mind went blank with concentration was you getting up onto pedals, but in video your up as they call watch the gate, and your hips move before anyone elses, could be you went a fraction too early and pushed against the gate? but video wont show that, only you'd be able to answer that one. Let me know what i have to do and if i can work it out i'll post inbetween cutting grass.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 02:03 PM »
I think what I did was panick up onto the pedals because the sequence started and I wasn't ready. I know I definetely hit the gate as it dropped though because I was last going down the first straight and into the first corner.

Was my move on Rus and Neil firm and fair though.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden today!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx