gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 05:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  www.gillinghamskatepark.com
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: www.gillinghamskatepark.com  (Read 1541 times)

chrome andy

www.gillinghamskatepark.com
« on: November 09, 2007, 12:38 AM »
check it out...fools

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: www.gillinghamskatepark.com
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 12:46 AM »
Andy mate we had a good ole chat last sat talking about rom and gillingham :daumenhoch:

superb,  like everyone,  love this old skool,  never went to gillingham and gutted,

any old pics of you ;)
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 09:25 AM »
That's cool, we all know Glyn ruled that pool but there's some other cool pics on there too.

Pity there's not more pics of Glyn though because he rocked in the blue bowl.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 07:41 PM »
Man what a crime it was to destroy that place, wish I'd had a chance to ride it.
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 08:24 PM »
I loved Gillingham Skatepark and Glynn ruled that place BITD ... where's my shovel  :'(

Steve

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 11:06 AM »
where's my shovel

I'm pretty sure they only filled it in and not bulldozed it, why don't we just go for a dig bring it back to life!!!

Daz  ;)
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

firestrike2k

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 04:23 PM »
 :crazy2: Glyn was the master of the Blue Bowl but what about the red arrow in the ressi? what fun was had.

rory

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 04:26 PM »
nice link , thanx andy :daumenhoch:

firestrike2k

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007, 04:30 PM »
Any body know whats happened to Glynn Lewis?

And does any one remember the infamous lumo - what a true nutter!!!

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007, 04:32 PM »
Cool link, nice to see one of my old mates skating in the last pic on the skaters gallery, taken by an even older mate of mine  :daumenhoch:

Glynn was rocking in those pics too  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

subversion

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 05:41 PM »
great site :daumenhoch:

chrome andy

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 09:55 AM »
i would love to take credit for the site but its all down to two gillingham locals, carl hardie and simon hatcher.
the place was pretty much torn up when it was filled in...i remember standing in the half pipe with jan-eric and ozone as they bulldozed the earth on to us

carlhardie

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 08:34 PM »
Thanks Andy, just got around to signing up to this site. I run the website and have thousands of pictures which Im trying to list up there when I get the time. Loads of Mr Lewis. We are going to have another Gill Boys reunion at the end of August at a pub in Kent (venue to be confirmed on the site shortly). Everyone is welcome even if you rode the park a few times. The last reunion was a great success with everyone bringing photo albums and chatting about the old times over more than a few beers! We are also are holding private skate morning sessions at unit one skate park in Rochester every other Sunday if we can get enough BMXrs we can look to host BMX private sessions as well!

Carl Hardie
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 08:40 PM by carlhardie »

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 08:36 PM »
Rumours aside...has anyone got any idea where Glyn is these days?

Daz.  :daumenhoch:

carlhardie

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 08:44 PM »
I used to live a couple of roads from him in the 80s and have been trying to track him dowm along with Steve at www.dpfirebird.co.uk  . We both haven't managed it yet but any leads would be appreciated. Surely its only a matter of time before he puts Gillingham Skatepark in google!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 10:24 PM »
Used to get the train all the way from Glasgow, cross London (bike on the Tube!) and down to Gillingham. Had a great time at that park. Must have been around 85/86. Used to stay with Glyn and his mam - Brompton Avenue was it?! - after my family had met him when he was doing demos for Ammaco at Dales Cycles here in Glasgow.
I was with him the day he slipped riding in to the pool (WHO paints GLOSS paint on the edge of a Pool??!!) and shattered his arm into tiny pieces. We rode home (!) to his house and got him to the hospital - they had to put a big long pin into his forearm - yeuch! Saw the x-ray - how he rode home with that arm still amazes me to this day. He was one tough mofo...
Used to love all the hips there - the one from the snakehead back into the snakerun, alley-oops over the one at the bottom of the resi (is that where the red arrow was??) and big 360's out of the end of the halfpipe.
Damn shame I don't have ONE picture of the place....

stumpy

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 08:35 AM »
 I Only went there once, heres a pic.

An its on their website :daumenhoch:

Stumpy

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  www.gillinghamskatepark.com

gfxgfx
gfx gfx