gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975626 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 08:06 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Home made BB Cup press
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Home made BB Cup press  (Read 441 times)

SaMAlex

Home made BB Cup press
« on: July 10, 2008, 10:57 AM »
Yesterday I was putting in a USA BB, and it was as hard as it always is. I tried putting the frame in the vice (which is always hard when its just you) and they still didnt go in, probably cos the frame was pulling over to one side so they werent going in straight. I had a think and remembered something I have done before:

The home made (free) Cup Press!

I made a cup press using a wheel axle, some big washers (that happened to be the perfect size to sit over the bearings) and a load of washers. The main point of the washers was to keep the big spanners away from the frame, but also so I didnt have to screw the nuts on all the way. I also put extra nuts on the end of the spindle cos a few times I gave the end a little "tap" (with a big lump hammer) just to help the cups in. The nuts at the end stoped the threads from messing up at the end.

It was amazing really. Big spanners, and the cups going in straight made all the difference. It worked a treat, (with only a few hammer moments), but still took me the best part of an hour!  :tickedoff:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
Re: Home made BB Cup press
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 11:00 AM »
I love you Al - you're so ghetto.

SaMAlex

Re: Home made BB Cup press
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 11:04 AM »
I love you Al - you're so ghetto.

Yeah man. No Dingo workshops here :yahoo_silent:
(not that I would love some of the tools he gets to use  :smitten:)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Home made BB Cup press

gfxgfx
gfx gfx