gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 12:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Trouble at MK on Sunday
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Trouble at MK on Sunday  (Read 2099 times)

dialledbikes

Trouble at MK on Sunday
« on: July 09, 2008, 10:49 PM »
I'm hearing stories about someone threatening Mark at Groove and a little girl getting punched in the pens  :wtf:

What happened?

We need to be naming and shaming these people and handing out bans.  As if BMX ain't got enough problems right now that we start fighting each other.

KGB Matt

Re: Trouble at MK on Sunday
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 06:08 AM »
I have heard the same Mike but nothing confirmed as to who or why.

Agree it needs stopping at once...... it will only get worse if left.

Matt

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 06:28 AM »
The incident involving a certain individual and GROOVE is being dealt with behind the scenes but requires some witnesses to substantiate the story.  I have spoken to Mark and have his side of the story and I agree that there is no place for violence within BMX and that anyone guilty of such behaviour should be dealt with.  :knuppel2:

The incident involving the young rider hasn't been brought to the attention of the South committee and again if anyone has information then please come forward but I wonder if it ties in with something that we are aware of that could be behind this.  I'm not aware that any complaints have been formally lodged in respect of either incident and without some hard facts it's very difficult to take matters forward. 

If you witnessed either incident then please PM me with details and I will pass the information on.

Humps

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 08:40 AM »
i did hear two blokes having a very heated argument regarding some wheels?  not sure if it was the guy who owned the shop though??

as for the little girl?  very sad state of affairs if true!  :(

QuadPaul

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 09:45 AM »
This is really not good to hear if things like this are going on at BMX races, we are a small communtiy and need to stick together. As Alan says if anyone did witness the events and knows the culprits they should let someone know so the affenders can be banned!! :angrysoapbox:

Flying_fox

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 10:06 AM »
I didn't actually know anything about these incidents until I started reading bits on here and bmxtalk. I thought it was a fantastic day from where I was stood. Such a shame to read such things went on, it leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.....

I know everyone gets a bit carried away at times, no one goes to a race to loose, but this sounds like some parents way over-steped the mark. I just hope no one new to the sport saw it going on, it could put a noobie off for life, not at all what we want to do.

And if Mark from Groove has had more crap off of people I feel for him, he's gone though enough over the last couple of years. He's providing us with a service and should be respected.

If anyone knows what happened plesae let the regional committee/s know so the offenders can be called to account for their actions.

Miles.

dialledbikes

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 10:10 AM »
Mark's one of the nicest/good natured blokes in the sport.  He provides a great service to the race community and he's definitely not just in it for the money as his roots go way back.

TK The Mic

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 10:18 AM »
This is one of the most disturbing things with kids in sport, with over the top parents kicking off if their kids are not winning stuff left right and centre or the parents reacting this way just because they dont like what they are told.
Happily it seems these things are isolated but rear their ugly head from time to time.
Full support to Mark and everyone at Groove. Hope he realises for every dickhead out there, there are hundreds more who live in the civil world :daumenhoch:

TK the MIC

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 10:28 AM »
Marks one of the good guys, I hope this gets sorted soon, and the twat gets banned for life. :knuppel2:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

losidan

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 11:18 AM »
Mark's one of the nicest/good natured blokes in the sport.  He provides a great service to the race community and he's definitely not just in it for the money as his roots go way back.

Just thought I would second that..i have had a few bits and frankly the service was fautless and from the communication I received he seems a really genuine bloke.

kdubbmx

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 12:40 PM »
No room for bully's in bmx (young or old!!) Ban em!!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 12:43 PM »
Can I just add, to avoid speculation, I have not had dealings with this gentleman, used loosely as I understand his every other word begins with "f", and although I have a rough idea who he is I wasn't aware of him other than at a distance.  Pickle appears to have unwilling been a spectator to the incident.  As Miles says, if anyone can shed light on the incident, eg. overheard the language being used in front of bystanders, then please let me know by PM as there will need to be a formal complaint against this man before anything can be done.  As to the girl in question, I know nothing, so again information sought.  Humps

wolfybmx

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 03:57 PM »
i was witness to the event at the grove lorry. the guy speaking (if you can call it that) to mark in my opinion was totally out of order. i really felt sorry for mark and wanted to step in but i felt it was not my place to do so, so if i ever see the guy on fire you know what i wouldn't do. would not like to meet this guy on the end of road rage.

he did not send a very good message of how to behave as a decent human being or how to coduct yourself in the bmx community.

name and shame would be good and i hope he's reading this thread

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 04:02 PM »
Is he a member on here Wolfy?

dialledbikes

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 05:07 PM »
The sad thing is, I've known the guy who allegedly abused Mark for a couple of years now and he's always been the perfect gent to me (his son often speaks to me and is also civil and polite).  But I also found out today he also almost had fisticuffs with some Dagenham dads at Hayes a while back.  Shows how little you really know people sometimes.

Zippy, he's a dad from one of the London clubs (and it's not Daddy Whyte).  I think that's all it's fair to say until the South Committee sort it out.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 08:48 PM by mike@dialledbikes »

darren

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 08:42 PM »
i witnessed what was the start of trouble between the girls have pmd humps what i know. heard about the trouble at groove such a shame as mark is there for us he aint making loads out of this he dont need to be treated like that by anyone, seems a few people have treated him badly in last couple of years not paying for goods he has let them have till next time they see him and dodgy credit cards.   ffs treat people as you would expect to be treated yourself !!

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 09:33 PM »

Spot on , top guy in all respects  ;)

Moschops

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 10:29 PM »
The incident between the girls has been sorted between their respective parents. Lets just say both parties know each other quite well and they are both happy with the outcome.

I have spoken with Mark and he is happy that things have been taken into hand by the South Committiee.

On another note, if anyone saw any of the thevin going on from the MK Club trailer i would like to know about it please.

Whilst fighting between riders and offencive laungage in front of children is terrible, stealing from the hoast club is pretty low as well.

makes me wonder why i stood in the rain for 13hours on sunday >:(

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 09:56 AM »
stealing from the hoast club is pretty low as well
Totally despicable behaviour which I would like to believe wasn't from within the BMX family but was likely to be some disillusioned low-life locals who turned up to the track not realising there was such a big event going on - they do seem to have a knack for doing that, don't they realise we race at these tracks?? 

If anyone has info. they wish to share then please contact Lee or me via PM so something can be done  :knuppel2: Humps

Flying_fox

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 10:04 AM »
I can't actually remember where the club trailer was on Sunday. If Lee could let us know where it was situated it might jog some memories as to people being dodgy in that area of the track.

Like Humps said, I hope it's not anyone from the race community.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 10:22 AM »
this is a real shame, as on the day the vibe i got was one of a real comunity spirit and general BMX brotherhood (corny i know) so i for one trusted the fact that i lent my old Goose up against the fence near the race gate and went off to the chip van and loo safe in the knowledge my old Goose was safe as people surely wouldn't steel from there own???

a real let down!  :(

kuwahara

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 11:36 AM »
Sorry to here of the troble at MK On Sunday our Sport dos'nt deserve it,  Stupid parents going OTT Grow up 

Marks a Top Bloke end of i say ban that mindless thug or give him a chelsea smile ;) .

Also to Sorry to here of equipment being stolen from Lee & the MK Crew. Scumbags are all the hard work they put in down there.   

Moschops

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 06:02 PM »
Trailer was on back fence near BCF gazeebo's.

I beleive the day was a great success and the vibe was pretty cool 8)

lets not let these incidents tarnish our comunity :daumenhoch:

AL

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 07:29 PM »
i was witness to the event at the grove lorry. the guy speaking (if you can call it that) to mark in my opinion was totally out of order. i really felt sorry for mark and wanted to step in but i felt it was not my place to do so, so if i ever see the guy on fire you know what i wouldn't do. would not like to meet this guy on the end of road rage.

he did not send a very good message of how to behave as a decent human being or how to coduct yourself in the bmx community.

name and shame would be good and i hope he's reading this thread

Do the right thing then wolfy  :daumenhoch:and do a quick PM ... To  Miles/ Humps or  Me ... and we will  get it mailed over to the South Commitee ASAP...   Its was agreed at the South meeting at the start of the season that , we were going to have a zero tolerance, and i think this is a prime example ...

Lets nip it in the bud, and not let it flair up ,at any other rounds ..

kdubbmx

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2008, 07:33 PM »
I got there so early i had time for a sleep in the van!! Moschops was working away in the rain then, i was one of the last to leave & there was moschops still working hard!!!
Well done fella you did a great job (along with the rest of the crew). The track was mint & handled the rain brilliantly, the day went smoothly, couldnt fault it!!

Mark (groove) has a lot of friends at racing & we are ALL there with him if he needs us!!!  ;) ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Trouble at MK on Sunday

gfxgfx
gfx gfx