gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 01:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  GT Performer Project
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GT Performer Project  (Read 438 times)

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
GT Performer Project
« on: July 09, 2008, 11:07 AM »
I have just won an 85 survivor GT Performer frameset on ebay us and i just want to get some advice on it.

It has the 84/85 decals, that much i know but it has four holes in the dropout (makes it an 85 i think?) and although i havent got the serial, its got FS On the rear drop out and 0109 on the bb shell. Can anyone tell me whether its a US model or Tai? Also, i want to build it as a Fiola world tour rep and i havent a clue where i would get an accurate RAL Code. If anyone out there can help, please chip in  :daumenhoch:

munners

Re: GT Performer Project
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 11:13 AM »
Hi mate,

Ive got 2 84's and have done this build and spent alot of time speaking to people about this.

All i can say is that if the serial number is on the left rear drop out it is a US made frame.

Send me a pic and i will tell ya.

If the serial is under the BB it is deffo a Jap made.

Wardy had the only frame that went against everything that is written about how to identify US and JAP framesets.

If the serial is on the left rear it is 100% US made.  :daumenhoch:

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 11:40 AM »
Thanks Nick, when it lands over here ill shoot over some pictures. Any idea on the dark red paint colour? I need some GT pro forks too i believe  ???

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 12:02 PM »
Thanks Nick, when it lands over here ill shoot over some pictures. Any idea on the dark red paint colour? I need some GT pro forks too i believe  ???

i slowly doing one hoping to get it done for mk09  :LolLolLolLol:, forks come up on ebay us, decals are a real rarity, there is a member on here who has a set and will get em done eventually  ::) so he tells me, fork standers are bloody expensive too, as for the ral code fook knows, got some candy on the way from the states that i gonna try

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 12:05 PM »
Excellent, sounds like you'll be finished about 5 years ahead of me. The decals are standard WT in white i believe? I mat invest in a set of yellow and get them reproduced

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 12:06 PM »
Excellent, sounds like you'll be finished about 5 years ahead of me. The decals are standard WT in white i believe? I mat invest in a set of yellow and get them reproduced

think they are the fiola world tour from what i understand

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  GT Performer Project

gfxgfx
gfx gfx