gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 11:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Mag wheels (seem Buckled)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mag wheels (seem Buckled)  (Read 1233 times)

izeko

Mag wheels (seem Buckled)
« on: July 07, 2008, 05:04 PM »
Hi,
Just want some advice. The girlfriend has recenlty bought a mongoose mishief with the 3 spoke mags from Winstanly BMX.

The bike came with a small hole in the rear innertube, so rather than fix this i replaced with a new one. The wheels seemed ok at this point.
She then rode it for about 2 hours and the tyre started to go flat again. I checked the tube again and all seemed fine,but at this point in noticed that both wheels were now not running straight. They seem to touch the brake pads in certain places as you spin the wheel. The back one is very noticeable. I think the reason the tyre went flat the second time was air coming from the valve.

Is this normal for mag wheels. This is a bike with 2 hours use and no jumping. Winstanley are telling me that they are never straight and are not as strong as spoked wheels. Well i know they not as strong as spoked but would not expect it to bend from just riding round.

Thanks
Dave

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Mag wheels (seem Buckled)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 05:08 PM »
Most mag wheels have a slight wobble ... especially the plastic/nylon ones  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Mag wheels (seem Buckled)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx