gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 09:14 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  SH!T News.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SH!T News.  (Read 2465 times)

RADHAB

SH!T News.
« on: July 07, 2008, 10:57 AM »
Just found out that Interack my fave skatepark is closing  :( But slightly good news is that Sally is having an allnighter Jam on the 26th July 8pm - 8am  :daumenhoch: Wasnt sure where to post this one admin  :-[

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
Re: SH!T News.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 04:27 PM »
Aye.....love the place but it was inevitable I'm afraid.

I'm just hoping she'll sell me that bowl to put in my back garden  :D

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

rosscoe

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 09:23 PM »
not good....this another insurance problem???

RADHAB

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 08:29 AM »
Landlord wants to sell or fill it with cheap housing for Polish builders families or something........

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 05:45 PM »
Bad news indeed....  >:(

Gutted cos i only live 15 minutes away from the place, even more gutted cos i havent found time to go lately, it'll probably close before i get to go again...  :(

Awsome park...  8)

Just a shame its been run the way it has...  ::)

bmxer4ever

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 10:46 PM »
Wow - what a place. And it's CLOSING!!! Nightmare.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 11:24 PM »
Wow - what a place. And it's CLOSING!!! Nightmare.

Awesome place Gaz...real shame!

My favourite indoor park by far!

Daz.  :(
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

macky

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 11:54 PM »

It is a pity its closing... even more of a pity that no-one with the passion for bmx can take it over....  :-\

I like to go to the alnighter... but i reckon its just simply gonna be over packed & unridable!!

why exactly is it closing?

was it losing money or did Sally just want out??

RADHAB

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 08:17 AM »
Landlord is selling or reletting as storage or something like that.

And hey guys.....dont knock Sally or the way its been run, if any of you are more local then maybe you should offer to help since you seem to have great ideas that your keeping to yourself! Oh and as far as support goes, just how many times have the people on here who knock it actually been there?!?!? i live 300 miles away and have probably been there more times than some of you who say you are local and i'll be at the allnighter.  :rant:

Anyhow its a shame its closing as Morgan Wade once said it was one of his favourite parks, i personally am gutted, what a shame  :'(

rosscoe

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 09:41 PM »
made the journey there a couple of times a few years ago - loved the place

just isnt the money in these things to make em stay....shame

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 07:45 PM »
Landlord is selling or reletting as storage or something like that.

And hey guys.....dont knock Sally or the way its been run, if any of you are more local then maybe you should offer to help since you seem to have great ideas that your keeping to yourself! Oh and as far as support goes, just how many times have the people on here who knock it actually been there?!?!? i live 300 miles away and have probably been there more times than some of you who say you are local and i'll be at the allnighter.  :rant:

Dude ive got to give a locals perspective on this place!

Me and my son started riding last september and have been going twice a week since then (wednesdays and sundays) only missing the odd wednesday due to working away, so you could say im a regular...  :daumenhoch:

This isnt just my opinion, just ask any regular when you go the all nighter, Sally and her staff have run that place into the ground...  >:(

They closed the cafe months ago, you cant even buy a can of pop... insane business sense with a skatepark full of thirsty kids, they'd rather watch em trapse to the local shop and back....  :idiot2: What mark up is there on cans of pop bought at a cash n carry? 200... 300%?

Sally wont allow beginners, turning away non members... ok theres nowt worse than trying to dodge kids that cant ride/skate at an indoor park but its money in the till... new people should be encouraged not discouraged!

Rampworx held an all nighter not long back with comps with prizes and a que a mile long at the cafe all night

I went the last all nighter at interact last november, it was packed and un rideable, thats to be expected, what i didnt expect was the same boring tannoyed music all night, no comps, no cafe (it was still open then) cos in Sallys own words 'i cant be arsed i want to try and sleep'  :wtf: She'd rather give people directions to the local kfc/shops than get up off her arse and sell drinks and food...  :idiot2:

Go to any skatepark in the north west and ask anyone if they go interact, they all give the same answer 'i wont go there cos of her'

Sally.... best of luck in Newcastle... dont think the geordies will be as tolerant as you think...  :knuppel2:

RIP Interact... i'll miss the place...  :(

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 08:12 PM »
And hey guys.....dont knock Sally or the way its been run, if any of you are more local then maybe you should offer to help since you seem to have great ideas that your keeping to yourself! Oh and as far as support goes, just how many times have the people on here who knock it actually been there?!?!?

I like Sally, but thats because I like the sheer fook you-ness of her, I also like the way she talks down to everyone cos its funny...and to be honest she has always been ok with me and the radsters I have been going with , weekly at points.
However, as a business its been graced with fook all in the way of sense, pride or general motivation to make it what it could have been. The way she talks to people is appalling and offensive and in the business sense, sadly, self destructive.

But I accept that she holds a special place in your heart  :bondage:

I salute your appreciation for the legend/urban myth that is Sally :smitten:

:daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 11:04 PM »
Betty and Diggler
You know the script  ;)

I was going week in week out for over 2 years till this Easter  :( ( till the rumours started )

and they tell the story how it is

As they say

NUFF SAID

Having said that I blame Liam  ;D

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 08:28 AM »
Yep....Mark and Simon have hit the nail on the head!!

It's sadly a case of what could have been! Had the place have been run properly there's no doubt it could have been THE best park in the North of England - period! That Bowl is something else!

If I'm honest I think Sally's attitude stinks. I've never in my life met someone who is so rude and condescending.

... dont think the geordies will be as tolerant as you think...

You bet your life...half my family are Geordies and trust me they won't take half the sh1t she dishes out!  :knuppel2:

bof

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 11:19 AM »
Betty and Diggler
You know the script  ;)

I was going week in week out for over 2 years till this Easter  :( ( till the rumours started )

and they tell the story how it is

As they say

NUFF SAID

Having said that I blame Liam  ;D

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 11:28 PM »
There was an piece in todays local paper bout it closing...  :(

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/search/3205242.Burnley_skate_park__haven__set_to_close/

:(

RADHAB

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 09:12 AM »
There was an piece in todays local paper bout it closing...  :(

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/search/3205242.Burnley_skate_park__haven__set_to_close/

:(

Just read that, bloody councils and local governments get on my f**king nerves!! "Why should we invest in something we know nothing about?" what a bunch of w*nkers! Get off there arses and learn something about the place and see what a difference its making to kids in the local community and how the kids are off the streets and not stabbing each other like in the South wher we have no indoor facilities, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS F**CKING COUNTRY!?!?!?! if it was a center for convicted peado's or a mosque that was closing the council would soon find money to keep the place open but now all they'll do is p!ss the kids off and they'll be grinding benches and building getto ramps making the place look like a bigger sh!thole than it already is, causing damage to property around the streets putting further burden on tax payers and more importantly putting kids at risk from injuries and muggings etc, makes me livid!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 12:50 PM »
And the skaters comment at the bottom of the article is really gonna help things too.....dickhead.

RADHAB

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 01:45 PM »
And the skaters comment at the bottom of the article is really gonna help things too.....dickhead.

Yeah he'll be a real Hero in the area, what a Massive W@nker!

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 05:24 PM »
Yes but....

Promoters of Interact, at the Bank Hall Works, off Colne Road, say they have received little town hall backing, despite having 7,000 members and recently hostling Europe-wide skateboard and BMX events.

Should have done more PR work, got more interest from magazines and TV. Look at the coverage NASS got, invite the riders, get the TV involved and sponsors and you get a deal.

Burnley Council leader Gordon Birtwistle said he believed that if Interact had 7,000 members then it should be able to produce a sustainable business plan which might secure grant funding.

Very good point, ANY business requires a business plan, I know I've done loads them. If Sally can't be arsed to put together a business plan that could potentially prevent the park from closure then they aint gonna hand out any money. She has to put some effort in too.

The skate park has Europe’s biggest indoor wooden bowl and a giant foam pit, cafe, balcony viewing area, mini ramp and skate shop, and has been open since 2002.

HAD the biggest indoor wooden bowl, the one at Unit 23 is bigger now but it's still a great bowl I have to say that. The foam pit stinks and has never been cleaned and it's poorly lit. The cafe is never fooking open and if it is you get tutted at if you dare to ask for something - that's if they've got it! And the skate shop was a bad idea from day one, let's load a shop with loads of skate stuff and a few BMX bits when most of our '7000' members are BMXers...again, poor planning. And in all the times I've been there I've seen it open once!

“I am absolutely devastated and I am probably extremely bitter as well.

Aye...you're not kidding! Trouble is you take it out on anyone who visits the park!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Sally's attitude is like the foam pit - it stinks!

She could have done a business plan, stocked and priced correctly a cafe will work, smile occasionally FFS it costs nothing, don't talk to people like they've just sh1t in your handbag, welcome people. During some of these big events have any of the councilors been invited down to see for themselves how cool the place is? I doubt it!

The list goes on.....

There's millions of positives for this place and yes the council could probably do much more to help but I still think much of the blame lies at the management team as well, or lack of it as the case may be!

Daz.

RADHAB

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 09:47 AM »
Since you've done so many business plans Daz maybe you could offer your help????

macky

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 09:52 AM »

Surely this park could be turned around....

with the right management...

Thing is, these buildings can make a hell of lot more money let out to storage & distribution companies....

Shame......

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 07:51 PM »
Since you've done so many business plans Daz maybe you could offer your help????

I'd be more than happy to help mate!

However, I think they've already made their minds up. The way the council see it is it's not commercially viable, they don't care a jot that it helps the kids/community. So you have to convince them it makes commercial sense. If it's the second biggest tourist attraction in Burnley then why is it not making any money? See my previous post!

Daz.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 10:18 PM »
If the rumour of rent and rates coming in at £5k monthly is true, then there's no chance of making it commercially viable.  Non.

It needs a sponsor or some sort of government subsidy to keep going, along with a change of management obviously.

That aside, give this lad a hand - he's living the dream (and nightmare) right now.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=64913.0

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  SH!T News.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx