gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 04:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  honestly I'm not a thief, but i saw this bike....UPDATED!!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: honestly I'm not a thief, but i saw this bike....UPDATED!!!!!  (Read 5166 times)

jackel

Re: honestly I'm not a thief, but i saw this bike....
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2008, 09:27 PM »
right its a week on if its gone you missed your chance if your not going to get it give us an addy so we can go and LOOK at it ;D

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 09:57 PM »
Looks nice, is it still there? Nab it, worst case is being stuck in a jail with a big guy behind you saying his the daddy  ;D

No really, looks like its a gonna, ask another member of staff, if they don't know, just cut the bolts and go and restore the beauty  ;)

Arma

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 12:05 AM »
the guy may be on holiday or whatever  leave it bro , nothing worse than a thief,   and come on would you like being marched off by plodd for a piece of junk like that.. leave well alone the owner locked it up after all   .

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 07:34 AM »
 Actually i do have an update....

i went back there on Wed night. That's almost 3 weeks later... and guess what. It was still there. I took some tools for the job this time..  I was doing some shopping close by, so i thought I'd wait until the store closed at 10pm.  I waited across the road in the car for the store to close. The lights went out around 10.30, but there was still staff inside. Worse was that there was still a few cars next to the bike... so I waited... and waited.

Talk about crap criminal.    I sweating like a rapist. The car windows were steaming up,  so i went for a walk to check it out. There was still a few people milling about in the carpark so i went back to the car and waited some more.

half an hour later I went for another walk, and  the same people were still there in the carpark.  right next to the bike. By this stage it was midnight, and they saw me making small walks backwards and forwards and getting back in my car. -talk about looking suspicious

so I gave up..  and went home empty handed...  :-[     for now...

"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2008, 07:38 AM »
actually I think i'd feel better if someone else took it...

COZZFATHER

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2008, 10:58 AM »
for fooks sake  :P  look.. don't ask anyone who may then claim to own it cos they look like a bmxer etc, just rock on into the store and ask for the manager.
he's the person who would call the cops for trying to nick his son's crappy mongoose bmx thats locked to the railings and has lost the key while working to many late shifts at his dad's request.
if the manager says its ok, then its the best feeling to have got somthing good legally free, if he knows the owner and you ended up taking it by way of theft i couldn't ride it without feeling guilty.

i have suffered 3 bmx thefts when i was growing up and its not a nice feeling, 2 firebirds were taken from my grans back garden, if some dick took them because they thought they were abandoned they were seriously wrong and if i ever found out who took them i would jump up and down on them with all my 6ft 4in 17 stone frame.
just my thoughts  :angel:

scowey

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2008, 11:15 AM »
I have a perfect idea for you....

wear a flourescent vest as if you are from the council take a good pair of chain cutters then wheel it round the corner to the location of your non-council looking vehicle (maybe take 3 hours to do it so people believe you work for the council).   

...and no I havent done this before

jackel

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2008, 12:02 PM »
truth be known i would get the bike by whatever means possible if its been left there it has probably been dumped now.
take it to the police station as lost property.then its your legally after i think 6 weeks :daumenhoch:

jackel

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2008, 12:03 PM »
just tell the manager of the supermarket its been there x amount of weeks first and you,ll move it :daumenhoch:

Offline scott30

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2008, 01:00 PM »
if that was in bristol it would be gone by now and if not it would be just a bare frame stripped of all its parts id leave it a couple more weeks and if its still there then take it if its somebodys and they still wanted it they would have come back and taken it by then and if they havent they dont want it who in there rite mind would leave there bike for that long and with just a crappy lock on it  :daumenhoch:

nosepickben

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2008, 08:40 PM »
look, just tell us where it is. it'll be gone within the hour.

jake7877

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2008, 03:17 PM »
thats where it is ? i was pissed  and couldnt  remember where exactly i had left it  if u tell me the area i know exactly that its mine and i can fetch it your right i did get  run over and suffered from amnesia cant even remember where the key for the lock is. so ill have to cut it off.

magna13

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2008, 03:29 PM »
if that was in bristol it would be gone by now and if not it would be just a bare frame stripped of all its parts id leave it a couple more weeks and if its still there then take it if its somebodys and they still wanted it they would have come back and taken it by then and if they havent they dont want it who in there rite mind would leave there bike for that long and with just a crappy lock on it  :daumenhoch:
true!, you from bristol?

zak

Offline Peanut

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2008, 03:55 PM »
I have the exact same problem, I'm after a 26" rear wheel with disc hub and bu**er me if there isn't one locked to the bike stands at my local shopping centre, no bike, the theiving scum have already had that. It's been there a week too, sooo tempted.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2008, 04:03 PM »
look, just tell us where it is. it'll be gone within the hour.

doubt it its in california

Offline scott30

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2008, 10:38 PM »
yes im from bristol zak and i would say bike theift here is prety high and the scum only sell them on for under fifty quid or a couple bags of gear  :daumenhoch:

Olliecw

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2008, 10:44 PM »
check for CCTV if none about just nick it,fcuk 'em.

priv
Top class :LolLolLolLol:

I've had a few beers though ;D

spesh

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2008, 08:44 AM »
HAS NO ONE NICKED THIS YET? FOR F#CK SAKE WHAT ARE YA PLAYING AT!!!

oldschool rider

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2008, 01:45 PM »
I got really drunk one night and left my chrome Mongoose Decade with flat tyre chained to a railing somewhere, but don't remember where, it might have been in a supermarket i think, has anyone seen it please

spesh

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2008, 01:59 PM »
i did the same too

must be loads chained to railings  :LolLolLolLol:

Daletsunami

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2008, 10:03 PM »
Just a quick note on this........If you don't take it eventually the police will. I work in waste and got a call the other day off the local police saying they needed a vehicle to help the removal of a load of bikes from the local train station that had not been claimed (don't worry i made sure i went first to see what i could grab) but there was nothing.

Get it picked up and if anybody asks just tell them it's yours and you lost the key when drunk

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: honestly I'm not a thief, but i saw this bike....UPDATED!!!!!
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2008, 05:41 AM »
 Ok, so at the wekeend  spoke to one of my mates. he reckoned i should ask the store first.

Tonight, i did just that. On the way there, right in front of me the cops pulled into the store and stopped right at the front door.

Anyway i went in and asked a girl at the checkouts for the manager.

"well i'm the front of store manager.. can i help"?

i ws forced into telling her the story,  about how the bike has been there for a month and how i'd like to take it and build it up for my son  (i don't even have a son)
She said "oh is that the small silvery biike? i think that belongs to one of the staff,  so sorry, you can't take it."

i was forceed into accepting her answer when she made a fatal mistake.

she said" yeah he works long hours, but cycles in early in the morning- thats why it looks like its always there"

"ah ha said I.   That's impossible. The rear wheel is hanging off ,. Its uncycleable  I said. it must be another bike you're thinking of"...

"Hold on, i'll get the general manager.".. she said
she fooks off back to her checkouts and the general manager came over.

i told him the story, and he said   "yeah I've noticed thats been there for over a month. Just take it, and tell them I said it was OK."

Now brimming with confidence I went outside and cut the lockoff with a pair of wirecutters  right in full view of the cops.
3  mins later it was in the back of my car.. :daumenhoch:

sorry to keep everyone in suspense...  :LolLolLolLol:

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 05:53 AM by tricknuts »

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2008, 07:03 AM »
about time too  ;D

still this way you aint gonna worry about the what if's  :daumenhoch:
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

fouronethreeoh!

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2008, 07:56 AM »
Top one!!

It pays to have the cheek to ask, and no guilty conscience  :daumenhoch:

spesh

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2008, 02:01 PM »
its proberbly rusty as f#ck now  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  honestly I'm not a thief, but i saw this bike....UPDATED!!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx